PinkiePie97

Season 9, Episode 8: Frenemies

Title: Frenemies

Synopsis: Grogar sends his legion of doom on a mission to become allies. Unfortunately, his plan works too well and they almost become friends.

Airs: Today at 11:30 A.M. on Discovery Family

• Like 4

I think that synopsis kind of spells out the whole episode too well right there.

Not that it matters; I think this is the best episode of the season so far. :grin:

• Like 3

OH MY FUCKING GOD, WAS THIS THE EPISODE WITH THE VILLAINS?

I thought it was episode 9.

Daaaaaaayum. I've been looking forward to this epidode. Let's get into it. :)

• Like 1

Episode 8.

A kind of episode i've been craving for since S1 and think should have happened a long time ago. An episode which focuses on the villains outside of their usual season premiere and season finale time and gives them more screentime, dialogue and (hopefully) some nice character developement.

Let's go.

"Are you planning on attacking anypony any time soon? If not then i don't know why am i wasting my time here"?

That's literally me everytime i see Grogar on screen. xD

Soo Grogar has the power to put mouthgags on them? Neat.

Wait. Where did Cozy get those pencils to make the banner with? Does Grogar draw in his sparetime? xD

And apparently he also works out because he has weights in his lair. But how? How do you lift weights with hooves? Or does lifting heavy objects with your magic makes you mentally or your magic stronger? (:rimshot:)

Wtf, did Chrysalis actually get convinced by the cupcakes? How did she even make them? Does Grogar also have the things to make cupcakes in his lair? Well, i guess when you're alone for thousands of years you need to have some hobbies. xD

Funny how Chrysalis doesn't seem to get weaker or take any damage from Tirek trying to absorb her. How strong is she?

YEEEEEEEES a song from the villains! Just like many great Disney villains. Love it. :D

Pushing old beeings down the stairs? That's not the nice way to do things, Chrysalis. xD

Finally some showoff of your powers and exposition. Thank you, Grogar.

Mount Everhoof? Yeah, of course, more ponified stuff.

Chrysalis scaring those "monsters away is just YEEEP! Chrysalis, I love you! And oh my god, if Chrysalis and other changelings can just transform into whatever they want so they can do whatever they want, they are soo OP.

Gram grammy? What? xD

Chrysalis! YOU ARE FUCKING AMAZING!

"Discord was really something until friendship ruined him" Chrysalis, you take the words right out of my mouth.

Can that vine really carry Tireks weight?

Aaaaand Chrysalis was the one suggesting to play along and stab Grogar in the back, great.

Aaaaand more setup for more interesting things to happen.

Whoaa. This episode was amazing. I absolutly loved every second of it. It also didn't do any of the things i was a bit nervous about, like butcher some of my favorite main villains by making them do or say any things out of character. Everyone in this episode was dope. The song was dope.

Solid 9/10.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, leonbrony17 said:

Episode 8.

A kind of episode i've been craving for since S1 and think should have happened a long time ago. An episode which focuses on the villains outside of their usual season premiere and season finale time and gives them more screentime, dialogue and (hopefully) some nice character developement.

i agree, hopefully this means we will get some action from them before episode 25. 

And apparently he also works out because he has weights in his lair. But how? How do you lift weights with hooves? Or does lifting heavy objects with your magic makes you mentally or your magic stronger? (:rimshot:)

:ponder: hmmm.... well ponies with stronger magic can carry heaver things so maybe you can "work out" magic so to speak. 

Wtf, did Chrysalis actually get convinced by the cupcakes? How did she even make them? Does Grogar also have the things to make cupcakes in his lair? Well, i guess when you're alone for thousands of years you need to have some hobbies. xD

Another point i would like to add is why would Chrysalis be eating pony food? did they really forget the whole changelings not liking pony food thing. :dissapoint:

Funny how Chrysalis doesn't seem to get weaker or take any damage from Tirek trying to absorb her. How strong is she?

apparently strong enough to take out Celly in about one minute using only one ponies love. :dragonlight:

YEEEEEEEES a song from the villains! Just like many great Disney villains. Love it. :D

ok not THAT was one of, if not the best songs in this show, man they killed that song.

Chrysalis scaring those "monsters away is just YEEEP! Chrysalis, I love you! And oh my god, if Chrysalis and other changelings can just transform into whatever they want so they can do whatever they want, they are soo OP.

#ChrysalisIsBestVillain 

"Discord was really something until friendship ruined him" Chrysalis, you take the words right out of my mouth.

well is is still pretty powerful, just doesn't really use his powers for much because he's too bust having tea with Fluttershy. :notamused:

Whoaa. This episode was amazing. I absolutly loved every second of it. It also didn't do any of the things i was a bit nervous about, like butcher some of my favorite main villains by making them do or say any things out of character. Everyone in this episode was dope. The song was dope.

i agree i was worried this season was going to ruin Chrysalis but lucky only Sombra seemed to of been ruined, and this episode made me like cozy a bit more (though i still think she is annoying and worst villain).

i'm so glad to see the show give more time to the villain and i hope we get more episodes with them before episode 25. yeah this has to be my new fave episode of the season (though where not even half way so i'm sure my fave will change... again).

• Like 1

I can't believe what I just watched. The wonders of starring in your own episode! Suddenly these evil planks floating along the plot aren't stereotyped archetypes and... Feel like... Characters! Holy crap!

Someone give Mr. Vogel, Miss Porter and Miss Willis an episode starring Celestia, STAT!

• Like 2

A villain episode in MLP? With a song?! YES, please!

Pretty good one. I really hope that seed of friendship ultimately gives them the idea :3

I also now appreciate Cozy as a villain more than before. Her manipulativeness and twisted friendship sense. Pretty good villain :)

8.5/10 for me personally

• Like 2

@PeeWeePhoenix Eh, i disagree.

We already have way too many characters, and most get thrown to the sidelines or are mostly forgotten about.

Also, how are they gonna introduce her into the show? She fought Grogar thousands of years ago, probably before Celestia even, so Gusty should be dead now. And what's she gonna do?

Have a rematch with Grogar? Digging up old characters and stories from the past when it's supposed to go forward with the mane 6 becoming new rulers and stuff? Not necessary imo.