Watching some more Gravity Falls, now. So far, I finished S2E4. This is my favorite moment, so far:

Gravity+falls_ff9f0b_6020499.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChB said:

Watching some more Gravity Falls, now. So far, I finished S2E4. This is my favorite moment, so far:

I...I don't even want to know what she means. :shock:

dipperscared.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I...I don't even want to know what she means. :shock:

Why? This:

5581085_orig.png

1280x720-wK0.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ChB said:

Why? This:

Oh, my mistake. :oops: 

In that case, welcome to the fandom: Dipper Pines (& Mable, too since she's obviously the one who made Dipper a fan of "Pony Heist".)

• Like 1

@ChB

Gravity Falls Season 2 Episode 2 Spoiler:

I'm glad that Dipper finally admitted his feelings to Wendy in the episode "Into the Bunker" since Dipper's crush on Wendy

was starting to feel pretty annoying by that point, IMO.

uk_xd_rich_header_gravity_falls_r_00b186

• Like 1

Sorry for the wait guys. I get kind of busy on Saturdays so I tend to not have time to come on here.

Now... for the moment you've all been waiting for...

The Lion Guard S2E5. The Rise of Scar. ONE HOUR SPECIAL. :applejackhate:

First, before I give the explanation on how Scar is 'brought back.' Let me say a couple of things about this episode/special.

First of all...

Without a doubt the BEST EPISODE OF THE SERIES THUS FAR. Amazing content, amazing story, amazing songs, WELL NEEDED Kion backstory (only a tiny bit but still well needed) and just GREAT in general.

It's clear from this episode that what I read on this show's own 'wiki' page (like how MLP: FiM and Pokemon and Digimon have one) that this season being darker is definitely accurate. As this episode demonstrated. Keep in mind that this show is supposed to be for preschoolers but it was clearly darker. ALL OF MY YES. :awesomedash:

Alright. With my thoughts out of the way, here's your explanation. Put in spoilers for obvious reasons.

So... basically... Rafiki gets an apprentice named Makini who gets her own 'staff' (similar to Rafiki's staff) that allows her to speak to the Lions of the Past. Ushari (a villainous snake) finds out that Kion has been talking to/getting advice from Mufasa (kind of like Simba did in the original Lion King movie) and gets Makini to ask Rafiki about a way to talk to other Lions of the Past. As in the bad lions. As in Scar. He gets creepy lizards to act as spies for him that overhear Makini asking Rafiki about said method to talk to the bad lions and he reveals that it can be done through clouds of fire in contrast to normal regular clouds for the other Lions of the Past (Mufasa).

Ushari teams up with Janja to try to get Kion to use his Roar of Elders in anger to make the outlands volcano explode to get them to speak to Scar. They also steal Makini's staff as well. But it basically doesn't work. However... Janja throws Makini's staff into the volcano out of frustration for the plan 'failing' and the volcano explodes, summoning Scar's spirit similar to that of Mufasa when he speaks to Kion.

So yeah. That's basically it. It's more like Scar's 'spirit' then him actually being brought back to life (a-la Frieza in Dragon Ball Super).

There you go. Either way. From the next episode description (Let Sleeping Crocs Lie) this episode has an effect on the rest of the series. CONTINUITY. AN ARCH THAT LASTS A WHOLE SEASON. YES PLEASE. :approve:

You don't see MLP: FiM doing this. :newspaper:

Anyway there you have it. Just one more thing though. Though it's more my speculation but it'll likely happen or wouldn't surprise me if it does happen. Also put in spoilers just in case.

It's only a matter of time before Kion comes face-to-face with the summoned Scar spirit. When that happens... I expect Scar's spirit to either try to corrupt Kion and turn him evil (:stararity:) or flat-out try to possess him (though that may be too dark for preschoolers) :why:

Either way...

THIS SERIES JUST GOT REAL. :gasp:

*stands and applauds*

So...is it bad for me to say that the original "Sleeping Beauty" felt into my list of things that I don't like but everypony else like?

Sorry. Wanted to talk about it for a while. :sadface:

8 hours ago, Light Blade said:

So...is it bad for me to say that the original "Sleeping Beauty" felt into my list of things that I don't like but everypony else like?

Sorry. Wanted to talk about it for a while. :sadface:

I haven't even watched Sleeping Beauty, yet. Perhaps that's even worse :P 

• Like 2

On 7/29/2017 at 3:01 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

@ChB

I wonder if DHX drew any influence from Mary Poppins when they were designing Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie & Twilight Sparkle? ;)

5290477271c4b20dc27dce35aeba3ff7--carous

That's very likely a coincidence. The Mane Six was inspired by G1 ponies.

Perhaps those merry-go-round horses were also inspired by those same ponies?

Nah...Hasbro would  have thrown a fit at Disney over that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChB said:

@Sparklefan1234 Haha, true. Easy to forget how old some Disney films were. The kids, Michael and Jane, are old enough to be my parents.

I wonder how different the Emily Blunt "Mary Poppins" remake will be from the original?

Mary-Poppins.jpg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ChB said:

I haven't even watched Sleeping Beauty, yet. Perhaps that's even worse :P 

Funny thing is I never got a chance to see it as a colt. Not that I was going crazy about it, but still.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Light Blade said:

Sorry. Wanted to talk about it for a while

I wasn't a really big fan of the original "Sleeping Beauty" either.

Maleficent was the only part I enjoyed & she was only in the movie for a couple minutes.

la-et-mn-maleficent-villains-20140530

• Like 2

@Sparklefan1234 Pretty much same here. Maybe she was overdoing her job and I have no idea if it was good or bad. When she captured Phillip before he could go and rescue Aurora and stared at him being tied up with that satisfied smile, I had that feeling one would have if some MLG gamer would constantly kicking me flank and trolling me about it. I got mad at her >:( She was very despicable (and that serves her good purpose as a villain), and she got my emotional feedback.

But those fairies. Good. Faust!

• Like 2