PinkiePie97

Season 9, Episode 10: Going to Seed

Title: Going to Seed

Synopsis: Applejack's plans for an orderly harvest go awry when Apple Bloom becomes obsessed with catching a magical creature she thinks can help them.

Airs: Today at 11:30 A.M. on Discovery Family

• Like 2

critically i would put this episode at a 6 since some parts felt rushed, and the story was pretty basic but made up for it for being one of the best deceptions of AJ's charater IMO.  

but from a no critical perspective this episode is my new favourite, i do tend to love episodes that involve the apple family and this was no exception! This episode was cute and funny on the surface but is kinda sad the more i think about it because it wouldn't surprise me if a big reason for AJ being so serious is because of her parents death. 

so overall it's a 10 for me but critically a 6. 

:dealwithit:

• Like 1

Alright. Episode 10.

Is the dog eating fucking pancakes? Wtf?

Big Macs attitude in this episode perfectly mirrors mine while watching this episode.

Wtf, the cats eat pancakes too?

Those tracks kinda look like gusts. MaYbE gUsTy ThE gReAt Is DoInG tHaT?

I think i noticed that Applejack kinda looks a bit bigger now. The same way Twilight grew a bit after she became a princess.

Boop. xD

large.png

So when it was Big Mac after all, those tracks make no sense.

Okayyy this episode was just nothing. Never really cared for the apple family and the stuff that was going on with them. Some of the facial expression were pretty decent. This season seems to have some really cool and well done facial expressions overall. Especially after i rewatched and compared it to some of the older episodes of S1 and S2.

But this episode was just like Big Mac in this episode. Tiresome. I can only give it a 5/10.

• Like 2

A simple episode, but I think it works alright. I think when Applejack starts getting invested in trying to help Apple Bloom catch the Great Seedling, that's when I was sold on it.

• Like 2

- Apple family episode, YAY! It's been a while since the last one...I think. I like those.

- Sorry, Big Mac, but only Twilie is good at being a pancake :P

- AJ knows Pone-Fu!

- AJ #DoesNotBelieveInSantaGreatSeedling.

- Bloomy <3

large.jpeg

- Pear Butter and Bright Mac appear again...in a flashback...and we still know nothing about their demise.

- Poor burger

- My my, quickly you have switched priorities, AJ

- HA! I knew it! His tiredness was indeed suspicious

It was good. 

I forgot about sisterly bonding. And being filly in heart. Maybe this episode was better than I thought. Or maybe I didn't see the half-full side of the deal :3

On 6/2/2019 at 7:02 AM, Leonbrony17 said:

Is the dog eating fucking pancakes? Wtf?

Well...

And, another good episode. It brought back so many good childhood memories, not to mention top notch Apple sisters bonding. Applejack was great by herself in this episode, and also Big Mac doing all the stuff so that the two could be together. I think this episode did a great job of using its characters and its premise.

I was hoping the Great Seedling was real, but I think that leaving the ending ambiguous was better.