PinkiePie97

Season 9, Episode 11: Student Counsel

Title: Student Counsel

Synopsis: Starlight Glimmer relishes her role as school counselor and encourages the students to come to her anytime about anything, but when always being available becomes too much, she learns it doesn’t have to be all or nothing.

Airs: Today at 11:30 A.M. on Discovery Family

• Like 3

on one end i really liked seeing more of Trixie and Starlight characters and how starlight finds it hard to balance work and friendship. 

on the other hand i hated seeing mud and her boyfriend again, thought that's just me hating these two rather than a fault with the episode.

best part was facial expressions, love that this season is making them more expressive and fun. :pwease:

over all its a 4.5 for me since it wasn't that amazing story wise and the only thing that i liked was starlight, trixie and sunburst.  

also did they make up a holiday for this episode? i don't remember any spring celebration in prior seasons. :suspicious:

• Like 1

Alright. Episode 11. Finally a premise that sounds at least a bit more interesting. And it's the first S9 episode about our favorite, all time divise character Starlight Glimmer soooo let's get into it.

Nice armband (or hoofband), Starlight.

No peanutbutter stuff? Trixie, what is wrong with you? xD

Why does Trixie put sugar into her tea after she already drank probably half of her cup?

Why the fuck is that guy crying and squeeing when Trixie slammed, closed the door in front of him? xD

It's probably just a side effect of the really good and improved facial animations of S9 or it's only me but does Trixie look a bit off model on a few occassions?

Isn't Trixie a bit too much of a prick about it sometimes?

Terramore looks like a Sandbar version of a Hippogriff.

Starlight, why the fuck would you think that Silverstream would be hiding inside Pinkies party cannon?

Why is Trixie wearing her hat and cape again? Except that it's just part of her character.

Dirt is so delicious, isn't it Trixie? xD

2061251.gif

Why not just shoot the cockatrices with your magic or teleport them away?

And why doesn't Maud get petrified with her eyes open?

WTF? What is the closed door gonna do when they could just fly over the wall? This is some next level plot armor. xD

Maud is pretty fucking great in this episode.

Alright. This episode was pretty decent. Starlight and Trixie were adorable. Some bullshit here and there.

I would give it a 7/10.

But ehhh i almost feel bad for putting it over the episode with Twilight (one of my favorite characters) and the book, even though that episode was pretty predictable. It was decent nonetherless.

Ähhh, two things i feel like i should say.

1. No matter how nitpicky i am, i don't hate the episodes or show, it's just fun thing to do for me and hopefully somewhat fun for others as well.

2. You all have probably noticed that i've started to swear much more recently. That's just me trying A LITTLE BIT TOO HARD mimicking the bevavior of some of my favorite youtubers, who swear a lot. I'm sorry for that, i hope it's not too offputting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leonbrony17 said:

Why the fuck is that guy crying and squeeing when Trixie slammed, closed the door in front of him? xD

He has a rainy cloud as his cutie mark... i guess his fate is to be depressed. :fluttersmith:

It's probably just a side effect of the really good and improved facial animations of S9 or it's only me but does Trixie look a bit off model on a few occassions?

I kinds feel like the animators are just going crazy with the expressions this season (properly because its the last) and i love it, even if the characters do look off sometimes. 

Isn't Trixie a bit too much of a prick about it sometimes?

When hasn't she been a prick though? :newspaper:

WTF? What is the closed door gonna do when they could just fly over the wall? This is some next level plot armor. xD

Yeah that really annoyed me as well. I think that by fair has to be one of the stupidest things to happen in this show... but not quite as dumb as the breezies :applebelch:

Alright. This episode was pretty decent. Starlight and Trixie were adorable. Some bullshit here and there.

can't argue with that :pinkieshrug:

No matter how nitpicky i am, i don't hate the episodes or show, it's just fun thing to do for me and hopefully somewhat fun for others as well.

Well it's always fun for me to see what you say and respond, though i too love to nick-pick. 

• Like 1