PinkiePie97

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: Rainbow Roadtrip

Title: Rainbow Roadtrip

Synopsis: The Mane Six hop a balloon for Hope Hollow, where Rainbow Dash has been invited to be the guest of honor at the town's Rainbow Festival. But when they crashland in town, there's nopony there to greet them. The mystery grows when the sun rises to reveal the entire town and the ponies in it have been drained of color! While TwilightSparkletries to discover what malicious magic caused the town to fade, her friends help the townsponies plan a new rainbow festival, making friends along the way, and restoring the hope missing from Hope Hollow.

Airs: Today at 11:30 A.M. on Discovery Family

• Like 1

2078462.png

1) Such Canad, Very Donchaknow

2) I do like the Toon Boom designs, but I have to say the Flash models and workflows have really been refined over the years.

3) This had a very DVD-Special feel to it. The timing seemed ever so slightly off, with just fractions of  a second too much dead space between lines and less dynamic shots than a current-season episode. Also, the musical elements seemed a bit muted. I feel there could have been some productive tightening-up.

4) Steampunk Prosthetics!

5) See below:

2078551.png

6) Twilight has never seen color-fading magic before?

1156617.png1045359.png

7) See below:

2078723.png

• Like 1

I watched it last night. In my opinion, It was pretty good. The style reminded me a whole lot of My Little Pony: The Movie.:approve:  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Muffins-uwu said:

I watched it last night. In my opinion, It was pretty good. The style reminded me a whole lot of My Little Pony: The Movie.:approve:  

I believe they used the assets from the movie and animated it in Toon Boom Harmony, rather than the show's Flash animation software and assets.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ABronyAccount said:

I believe they used the assets from the movie and animated it in Toon Boom Harmony, rather than the show's Flash animation software and assets.

Probably :pinkieshrug: 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ABronyAccount said:

yep they used the same assets and program.

personally i loved the short. the story was very meh but i just i'm a sucker for cute ponies and the ponies where very cute in this short.

kinda feel like the spell the town was under was a metaphor for depression since we have seen pinkie pie go grey when depressed and, i guess, if a lot of ponies get depressed in a small area they take the colour out of said area.  But that's just a theory :flutterdear: 

So I finally watched the special.

It was alright-good. Yup, that's what I'm going with. Definitely not terrible or bad. However I didn't feel that there was this punch of special. I didn't feel an intrigue, or at least a strong one, in this special. It was kind of straight forward. This special was a tamed one. I wish it was a bit more energetic.

Was anything I really liked? Well, it was nice to see the animation from The Movie making a comeback. Really liked it then, really liked it now. Mane 6 that I know and love are still Mane 6 I know and love, which is anything but bad thing.

Obligatory Twilie who, in case you didn't know, has this face when she sees books <3

large.png

Pretty cool was to see the prosthetics that I saw before on some fanart becoming an official thing. And yes, Kerfuffle is is pretty adorable.

large.png

Didn't expect Sunny Skies actually proposing to Petunia Petals. Yes, there were obvious hints of those wonderful feelings but I didn't really expect things to unfold this wide.

Them wing gloves (yes, I know those are called wing blings but I tried to look up that word and now don't get why those were called that, so I call them that) actually a cute little idea. I like it. And I don't get why other derpibooru users leave kinda salty comments about them.

large.png

So yeah, not exactly an exciting episode, not bad either. Maybe wanted a bit more from it.

But I guess because it was not bad and because I am a sucker for Mane 6 and ponies in general, I cannot raise my hoof on it. With that in mind, I am giving it a 7/10.

P.S: if there's something that I have overlooked what actually makes it better, then please let me know, everypony. I really want to know so I could be a bit more optimistic on this special :3