Toki Zensekai

The Road to Overreactions - Miscommunication?

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/roadtocrimefest

It has begun everyone! From now until October 14th, Overkill is challenging the entire PAYDAY 2 community to accomplish cumulative goals to unlock rewards for the Crimefest event starting October 15th.

You can view the goals on the website and view the current record stats here:

Spoiler

So get busy, heisters, those unlocks aren't going to unlock themselves!

So 3 challenges have been completed so far! Here's what we've obtained so far and what I think are the rewards:

Magical Flute - It's great to have a full mag loaded in your gun, but what's loaded in your playlist? Time to ramp it up. Obviously a new song from Simon Viklund.

Sling Stand - Every enterprise needs a solid foundation. Unleashing 700 rounds-per-minute is an enterprise, right? A new weapon, most likely an LMG.

Strange Alien Egg - This one will make you feel like your heart is bursting from your chest. A new cosmetic related to the chest buster?

All twitter challenges have been removed and are replaced with the following:

Zip-Tie 300,000 Civilians

Beat Hoxton Breakout 120,000 Times

Kill 170,000 Bulldozers using SMGs (USE THE PHLACHET OR THE MINI-UZI FOR BEST EFFECTIVENESS)

Let's keep it up, heisters!

So far the first two challenges for each heister has now been completed and here's what we've gotten now:

Weighted Scales - 1 bullet in 500 has to hit. Either a new weapon or new balancing on gun accuracy?

Boosting Boots - You're not strangers to the news cameras. So when you're the 6pm criminal superstar, make sure you move with grace and elan. New animations or possibly PARKOUR?!

Adoring Gem - Twinkle, twinkle, little tsar. Obviously something related to Vlad, probably a new heist.

A Net - "After the excitement of finding Cagliostro's dungeon, I couldn't sleep. Spent an hour upgrading Crime.Net." Crime.net obviously got upgraded, most likely UI changes to make Crime.Net more streamlined.

A Vintage Meme - Trollololololololol Meme masks, enough said.

Get to cooking!

Complete heists where you manufacture illegal drugs 70,000 times during the Road to Crimefest event

A Hundred Different Ways!

Eliminate the rat on the Hoxton's Revenge heist 40,000 times during the Road to Crimefest event.

PAYDAY, All Day, Every Day

Earn $3,000,000,000,000 during the Road to Crimefest event.

Jacket Up!

Kill 1,000,000 gangsters with any baseball bat during the Road to Crimefest event.

COOK METH AND BASEBALL BATS FOR DAYS!!!

Edited by Toki Zensekai

Dallas's third challenge is completed and he pulls ahead of the group on the grid...And what'd we get? Another Vintage meme...This time the Megusta face. So yeah, more Meme masks.

Here are the new challenges:

Unbox Day!

Vaults may be several tons of fine steel, but with the right coaxing they open right up. Complete 50,000 heists with a vault during the Road to Crimefest.

Dark Arts

"The walls of this dungeon are looking a little sparse, gang. Could do with brightening up a little bit. Say, why not head to the Capitol Art Gallery, oh, 30,000 times. Yeah, that should do it."

Crime.net Overload!

Commissioner Garrett is ramping up the forces of law and order. Show 'Old Thunderguts' the power of truly organized crime. Let him see rank upon rank of masked heisters, and get 30,000 concurrent players online.

Don't Tase Me Bro

The taser is one of Commissioner Garrett's favorite units. He has a compilation tape of their highlights, titled "Takedown by Tasers", which he plays to cheer himself up. Put together a lowlight tape for him, by pulling the plug on 4,000,000 tasers.

Time to go open vaults, steal paintings, and kill lotsa Tasers!

ALSO EVERYONE PLAY AT ONCE!!!

2 More days people and the final challenge will reveal itself, giving everyone 4 more days to complete it and every other challenge still on the board. Speaking of which, we have a bunch of completed mission and more rewards. Here's what we've got:

Sputnik - Beep. Beep. Beep. - It's a useless satellite, but it's Russian related, meaning more Vlad missions?

Powdered Doughnut - It's dangerous out there. Wear this. - A possible disguise kit to blend in with cops? Or perhaps some new armor?

Trading - Smile for the camera! So pretty. - The animation's clue also stated it was "of the people" kind, which means that the clue must have something to do trading civilians?

Riot Gear - Improve the cops' view with a taste of Ukrainian riot control. - It's a shield, which means we may finally have either a shield item or a deployable shield asset.

Another vintage meme - Much majestic, such hidden, very wow - Gawd dammit I hate this meme.

Three Masks - Who will you be today? - The masks in the animation showed each mask descending in order by size, this means this may possibly be Preferred Character Order, meaning that if someone is already playing your preferred character, you'll choose your second preferred and so on.

AND FINALLY THE NEXT TO LAST CHALLENGES!!

I Am A Stone, I Do Not Move

Watchdogs was a set-up from the beginning. Show the cops that even an ambush is no advantage against the Payday gang, by completing Watchdogs with a personal accuracy greater than 70%.

An Offer They Can't Refuse

Sometimes you just need a few extra guns and people to carry them. Turn 80,000 cops from law enforcers to your enforcers using the Joker skill.

Buttshot!

The shield has been carried on the battlefield for millennia. The shotgun... less so. Introduce the ancient and the modern styles of warfare by shotgunning 250,000 Shields

OVERKILL Salutes You!

You have to be in it to win it. Show your participation by completing any 20 Crimefest challenges during the Road to Crimefest event.

SHOTGUN FOR DAYS!!!!

Edited by Toki Zensekai

We got almost everything done, with a whole day to spare! Woooho! Only thing left is the 30000 simultaneous people playing. 

EDIT : r/paydaytheheist and r/pcmr have teamed up to help complete the 30k players goal! Attempt will be this Saturday at 6 PM GMT / 2 PM EST/ 9 PM EET. Let's Nail this one guys and gals!

Edited by Skyrazer

9D45E238E03CA51591B119F19195634589BCA49C

HOLY SHIET PEOPLE!!!

EVERYTHING IS DONE EXCEPT FOR THE LAST CHALLENGE!!

Last Drop

Get 5,000,000 Card Loot Drops during the Road to Crimefest

This means if every four player group played, you'd have to complete 1,250,000 Heists. It's the last push until the 14th, folks! Let's get heisting and make Overkill proud!

Edited by Toki Zensekai

Soon.. Honestly this should be the easiest one. 

And then... CRIMEFEST!

141.jpg

Easy enough, but it is moving a tad slow. And there's not a lot of time left. Thankfully though Offshore Payday has returned. Checked the far left of the screen when in the Crime.net screen. You can bet your offshore money for card drops. It cost 1.5 Million for a basic drop and it'll cost more for specifics.

All of the challenges are finished. Seems I had to work to unlock a safe I paid $20 for 7 months ago. 

Anyways good job grinding for me. This was much more challenging than Crimefest 2014. 

All of the challenges are finished. Seems I had to work to unlock a safe I paid $20 for 7 months ago. 

Anyways good job grinding for me. This was much more challenging than Crimefest 2014. 

Crimefest 2014 kind of just...did itself really.

Anyway a lot of speculation does point towards the CO pack, however you must remember that all these rewards are to benefit everyone, not just CO buyers. I don't think Almir would announce our CO reward during his second anniversary video just to go back on that promise because we failed a challenge.

Crimefest 2014 kind of just...did itself really.

Anyway a lot of speculation does point towards the CO pack, however you must remember that all these rewards are to benefit everyone, not just CO buyers. I don't think Almir would announce our CO reward during his second anniversary video just to go back on that promise because we failed a challenge.

It's finally done, and Crimefest starts today. Let the updates begin! 

True, Crimefest 14' did kinda do itself, wasn't really challenging or anything. As for the CO pack reward, that's definitely not part of the challenges, Almir already said it's gonna be released during Crimefest so people who have it will get it one way or another, hopefully they won't make a big deal out of it and rustle up the jimmies of people who don't have it. Then again it's probably gonna be something cosmetic anyway.

People have been pointing out on the RTC page that the Heisters are moving out of the gate now over the past two hours. So there's speculation they're moving at every hour, indicating that the rewards might be beyond that giant skull head.

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/crimefest2015/

Crimefest Day 1 Update is out.

Black Market - Added the possibility of getting safes drop after hiests. These function identically to TF2 and CS:GO Crates and Cases with the "keys" being special drills.

These skins do also give small boosts to weapon stats

Major stat reworking to make more weapons viable and added a new scene for when you are customizing weapons

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/crimefest2015/

Crimefest Day 1 Update is out.

Black Market - Added the possibility of getting safes drop after hiests. These function identically to TF2 and CS:GO Crates and Cases with the "keys" being special drills.

These skins do also give small boosts to weapon stats

Major stat reworking to make more weapons viable and added a new scene for when you are customizing weapons

this is horrid. Never once in my 876 hours in this game think "man, it sure would be great to have to pay to use stuff I already earned in game, just like that terrible game CSGO." This update brings a feature I purposefully avoid to one of my favorite games. Now I also have to relearn statistics for no discernible reason. The weapon rebalancing makes some guns better yes, but the guns that were already strong are now hideously OP. DW is gonna be a joke. Does this update bring anything good to the table? Not really, no. Thanks, but no thanks Overkill. I just wanted new guns.