Toki Zensekai

The Road to Overreactions - Miscommunication?

this is horrid. Never once in my 876 hours in this game think "man, it sure would be great to have to pay to use stuff I already earned in game, just like that terrible game CSGO." This update brings a feature I purposefully avoid to one of my favorite games. Now I also have to relearn statistics for no discernible reason. The weapon rebalancing makes some guns better yes, but the guns that were already strong are now hideously OP. DW is gonna be a joke. Does this update bring anything good to the table? Not really, no. Thanks, but no thanks Overkill. I just wanted new guns. 

Its Day One of crimefest and they said they are going to have updates everyday. They haven't even said anything about the specific awards that we are getting for each of the challenges. The chances of new weapons is still really high just don't freak out on Day One.

I really don't want to turn into one of those brainless haters who get butthurt at each update but i can't decently support these skins. Why would you add micro transactions to a paid game ? That's F2P stuff.

And don't say CS:GO.

Let's not forget that these skins directly violate what Overkill said in the Road to Crimefest:

"Every feature that is unlocked during Crimefest is released for free for the entire community of PAYDAY 2."

This reminds me of the time Bethesda tried to do paid mods for Skyrim. I give it 'til Monday.

This update....

h6IfriG.gif

Overkill really bucked up this time.The weapon re-balance was great though, and the new modification screen is awesome.

Crateconomy? I think the gif above sums up my feelings about it pretty well. Think I'll go back to baking some marshmallows over the raging inferno that is Reddit atm.  

Let's not forget that these skins directly violate what Overkill said in the Road to Crimefest:

"Every feature that is unlocked during Crimefest is released for free for the entire community of PAYDAY 2."

This reminds me of the time Bethesda tried to do paid mods for Skyrim. I give it 'til Monday.

Let's not forget this:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3127521

AND this:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/payday-2-wont-have-microtransactions/1100-6410303/

Someone could easily sue Overkill on grounds of False Advertising.

Edited by Toki Zensekai

Day 2

5 new masks added to game

• Sputnik Mask
  • Tiara "Mask"
  • Russian Hat "Mask"
  • Vlad Armor
  • Baba Yaga

Also on the end of the post

There's been a lot of discussion and community feedback in the community hub since the launch of Crimefest. Please remember to keep it civilized and adhere to the forum rules. We'll continue to read your feedback as we work on finalizing the remaining Crimefest content.

At least it's nothing wrong again so that's that.

But it's not really addressing the issue, if you can call it that (I'd prefer wildfire). 

I think this adequately sums up the crimefest thus far 

During first days of Crimefest, they not only angered almost all of the playerbase, removed mod support, added microtransactions, fired Ulf Andersson, they also closed PD2Stats, killed Project Canary with Goonmod and BLT modding, custodied Wolf, made 'Completely OVERKILL' worthless (1 from 25 Legendary weapon skins, without any stat modifiers), and made some hints about going f2p...

And new heist is really bad, bland and boring. Yay, starbreeze...

Also, what has happened on the first day of Crimefest week - John Bain (TotalBiscuit) got a relapse of his cancer. Yay, microtransactions...

Overkill confirmed for worse than EA?

Also this new heist is just.. Wow. Really? It's like they're telling us the microtransaction rubbish is here to stay.

During first days of Crimefest, they not only angered almost all of the playerbase, removed mod support, added microtransactions, fired Ulf Andersson, they also closed PD2Stats, killed Project Canary with Goonmod and BLT modding, custodied Wolf, made 'Completely OVERKILL' worthless (1 from 25 Legendary weapon skins, without any stat modifiers), and made some hints about going f2p...

And new heist is really bad, bland and boring. Yay, starbreeze...

Also, what has happened on the first day of Crimefest week - John Bain (TotalBiscuit) got a relapse of his cancer. Yay, microtransactions...

1 out of 25 with no modifiers for $20, while $2.50 gets you skins with modifiers. Good thing I uninstalled. 

1 out of 25 with no modifiers for $20, while $2.50 gets you skins with modifiers. Good thing I uninstalled. 

Good thing I never bought the game :awesomecheer:

Also yay 100 posts

Here everyone is complaining about safes and I am enjoying the generous payout of the new heist.

That heist was the most patronizing piece of garbage I've ever seen. You saw open two truck, drive a truck, load it up, drive it back, done. All this on an empty map. The huge payout for 8 minutes of work is just insulting. How bad do they think I am at this game that I need a heist like that?

That heist was the most patronizing piece of garbage I've ever seen. You saw open two truck, drive a truck, load it up, drive it back, done. All this on an empty map. The huge payout for 8 minutes of work is just insulting. How bad do they think I am at this game that I need a heist like that?

Not to mention the content of those trucks ARE THOSE DAMNED SAFES WE WILL NEVER OPEN?!

made 'Completely OVERKILL' worthless (1 from 25 Legendary weapon skins, without any stat modifiers)

Is this true? What sources are there about this? And what did you mean by "Custodied Wolf"?

Edited by Toki Zensekai

Not to mention the content of those trucks ARE THOSE DAMNED SAFES WE WILL NEVER OPEN?!

Is this true? What sources are there about this? And what did you mean by "Custodied Wolf"?

I've heard of that. Im gonna go ahead and assume it's true cuz Overkill at this point don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.