Toki Zensekai

The Road to Overreactions - Miscommunication?

And now we have the Necrocloaker. No telling what he'll end up doing, but giving the title says, "Defeat the Necrocloaker", it looks like we're going to have to fight it in some form or another.

Also the Safehouse Nightmare will be returning as well, which means those who weren't able to get all the Nightmare Achievements should be able to. (like me)

I still disapprove of this and the crateconomy in general really. Giving em away is just a way for them to weasel out of all the negative criticism and fan hate, but at the same time... free shit! :gonkity:

As for the actual event, far as I've seen we get spiders, the Necromancer cloaker as some sort of boss and the return of the headless Titan Dozer. And I finally get a chance to do my Halloween achievements! 

kp8teh.jpg

I still disapprove of this and the crateconomy in general really. Giving em away is just a way for them to weasel out of all the negative criticism and fan hate, but at the same time... free shit! :gonkity:

As for the actual event, far as I've seen we get spiders, the Necromancer cloaker as some sort of boss and the return of the headless Titan Dozer. And I finally get a chance to do my Halloween achievements! 

kp8teh.jpg

Positive steam reviews are down to 77% and metacritic is at rock bottom. If they haven't gotten the message, I don't think theres much more we can do.

Someone contacted me on steam and said I should start a new weapons guide for the new update. I was gonna just revise the old one, but he has a point. I could make a new one, and keep the old one for everyone using update 78. Only problem is getting myself to do all that work for a game I've lost my passion for. Kinda on the fence.

On more positive and not Payday 2 news, Stoker is out and both he and the AUG are so damn fine. Get em while they're hot (tee tee).

Positive steam reviews are down to 77% and metacritic is at rock bottom. If they haven't gotten the message, I don't think theres much more we can do.

Someone contacted me on steam and said I should start a new weapons guide for the new update. I was gonna just revise the old one, but he has a point. I could make a new one, and keep the old one for everyone using update 78. Only problem is getting myself to do all that work for a game I've lost my passion for. Kinda on the fence.

On more positive and not Payday 2 news, Stoker is out and both he and the AUG are so damn fine. Get em while they're hot (tee tee).

I feel you man. I've got two mods in a near finished state and one that's half-way there but I just can't get myself around to finish em. 

Need a motivation' ere! :_engineer_dispenser__by_XpeHiK:

If you want help with the guide, I can assist. I've been testing each gun out to get a feel for them. Some do feel better than others.

Looks like those safes were only a crimefest event, y'all can drop your torches and pitchforks now.

Then explain why they're still dropping?

EDIT: Ok so I went and checked the news. You didn't read the whole thing, Shin.

Please note: the safes and drills as a system are here to stay. It's just the Crimefest safe and drill that will no longer be attainable in-game; another safe and drill series will take its place.

Edited by Toki Zensekai

Typical.... It's the TF2 and CSGO crate system, they'll just keep chugging these along in a petty attempt to cash in on that. I feel sorry for the people who actually pay for these things....

Edit: I just noticed, this is the largest and most viewed thread on the Gaming section, makes me sad that it's about something bad. 

Typical.... It's the TF2 and CSGO crate system, they'll just keep chugging these along in a petty attempt to cash in on that. I feel sorry for the people who actually pay for these things....

Edit: I just noticed, this is the largest and most viewed thread on the Gaming section, makes me sad that it's about something bad. 

Well, if I fail to get a Crimefest 2 Drill drop, I'm just going to sell my safes on the market and forget about them.

Then explain why they're still dropping?

EDIT: Ok so I went and checked the news. You didn't read the whole thing, Shin.

Please note: the safes and drills as a system are here to stay. It's just the Crimefest safe and drill that will no longer be attainable in-game; another safe and drill series will take its place.

Too good to be true :v

if only TF2 was this popular  

Well this is the end. I never ever thought a game I sunk 890 hours into would end its life so abruptly and with so much hate. A better reward for spending $20 and then waiting 7 months would be to just give me my money back. Thanks overkill, for nothing. 

Edited by SonataDusk

Well this is the end. I never ever thought a game I sunk 890 hours into would end its life so abruptly and with so much hate. A better reward for spending $20 and then waiting 7 months would be to just give me my money back. Thanks overkill, for nothing. 

Cool now that the salty's are clearing out of the community now maybe I can get back into the game

Cool now that the salty's are clearing out of the community now maybe I can get back into the game

You're going to be alone. All the old hands abandoned ship once crimefest started, and it's only gone downhill from there. Also they ruined the weapons. ARs and shotguns useless, pistols are way OP, and SMGs are mostly just usable. 

Edited by SonataDusk

You're going to be alone. All the old hands abandoned ship once crimefest started, and it's only gone downhill from there. Also they ruined the weapons. ARs and shotguns useless, pistols are way OP, and SMGs are mostly just usable. 

Ruined and not as good as use to be are not the same. You sound worse than demo mains did during that sticky bomb nerf. And no I will be far from alone considering I have a group of friends who were interested in getting into the game but were turned off by the community freak out.

Pretty sure this formally crossed the line into false advertising. I'd love to see them talk their way out of this in a court.

Do you really expect someone to file a class action lawsuit on Overkill for the Payday community. There is also no evidence to even bring the case to court since the only thing people are using is a statement made 3 years ago. Had they followed up with microtransactions in around 6 months after release then yes it could be used as something hidden from the public to effect game/service sales but that was as I said 3 years ago not 6 months ago

Oh, don't you worry. This is the Internet someone WILL file a lawsuit against them, there's enough people who had their jimmies rustled into orbit to take action. As for me I'm with Cyber on this, I'll still play and do my thing. Just gonna have to live with all the bullshit, plus I'm already XXIII so XP and cash are gonna be worthless to me shortly. If you want to make a statement, stirr up some hell on /r/paydaytheheist or just stop buying anything from Overkill. 
Oh, and might I add  that the Steam Forums mods are on strike as well?
And man were the COP rewards utter bullshit. I never got the COP pack but yesh, that's just low.:notimpressed:

Relevant.

Edited by Skyrazer
Context

Ruined and not as good as use to be are not the same. You sound worse than demo mains did during that sticky bomb nerf. And no I will be far from alone considering I have a group of friends who were interested in getting into the game but were turned off by the community freak out.

Do you really expect someone to file a class action lawsuit on Overkill for the Payday community. There is also no evidence to even bring the case to court since the only thing people are using is a statement made 3 years ago. Had they followed up with microtransactions in around 6 months after release then yes it could be used as something hidden from the public to effect game/service sales but that was as I said 3 years ago not 6 months ago

Good. We were trying to turn people off from the game. Overkill deserve to go under after all the stunts they've pulled. 

The weapons are in fact ruined. Pretty much all the weapons, save for the pistols, are empirically worse than they were before. White knight is a little late to saving his damsel in distress. 

Good. We were trying to turn people off from the game. Overkill deserve to go under after all the stunts they've pulled. 

The weapons are in fact ruined. Pretty much all the weapons, save for the pistols, are empirically worse than they were before. White knight is a little late to saving his damsel in distress. 

White Knighting would be if I was absolutely defending Overkill and really I am not. I understand feeling urked by the the microtransactions but I just don't like seeing people go bat shit crazy over something that barely effects the game. Also I am just pointing out there are some critical flaws in almost everyone's arguments especially your arguments since I can personally say as one who always uses AR's for loud missions that they feel basically unchanged to me minus the stability on the few on them. So until I feel like getting my stealth achievements on heists my Queen's Wrath will always be my primary weapon.

I'm not talking about micro transactions, I'm talking about the "purely cosmetic" selling point for the COP.

White Knighting would be if I was absolutely defending Overkill and really I am not. I understand feeling urked by the the microtransactions but I just don't like seeing people go bat shit crazy over something that barely effects the game. Also I am just pointing out there are some critical flaws in almost everyone's arguments especially your arguments since I can personally say as one who always uses AR's for loud missions that they feel basically unchanged to me minus the stability on the few on them. So until I feel like getting my stealth achievements on heists my Queen's Wrath will always be my primary weapon.

Numbers. 

The old minimum accuracy for a useful weapon (sans shotguns and LMGs) was 16, where 18 was perfect accuracy. To convert to the new system you multiply by 5, so the new minimum acceptable accuracy is 80. In order to get 80 on an AR, you can not have good stability because you need nothing but accuracy boosting attachments, such as the tactical compensator. To boot, with certain rifles it's not even possible to get 80 accuracy at all. This was not a trade off you had to make before. Shotguns got flat out damage nerfs, upwards of 60% reductions.

When making sweeping statements, you can't say a weapon "feels" good. That's just a trick of your brain, and it doesn't translate into consistent results. 

This is poultry though compared to the statement made by Overkill in the COP "reward". It basically tells all the old veterans "we don't want you anymore. Go away". This is not a healthy relationship between consumer and producer. If the give and take is completely one sided, I don't want to be a part of it. 

Edited by SonataDusk