Toki Zensekai

The Road to Overreactions - Miscommunication?

I'm worried about your blood pressure, you getting salty beyond measure.

Also if i may, COP also contains those 7 DLCs so if you try to refund it, it's normal that you'll lose them as well.

What you can do is to prove that you bought all these DLCs separately so you can keep them, just ticket Steam about that.

I'm not talking about micro transactions, I'm talking about the "purely cosmetic" selling point for the COP.

Yeah sorry I understand what your talking about know just I got it sort of mixed in with my response to the Dusk guy. But again even if a class action lawsuit when through and succeeded there wouldn't be much to get in return.

Good news everyone! Overkill has found another way to kick us in th balls. 

http://m.imgur.com/DtWla00

if you try to refund it, it'll steal the DLC you paid for seperately. 

Again you are failing and any basis of logical thinking. This is an issue with the way the refund works on steam not Overkill. Honestly the way the steam return system was setup you should be happy your getting any money back.

When making sweeping statements, you can't say a weapon "feels" good. That's just a trick of your brain, and it doesn't translate into consistent results. 

but if a gun doesn't feel good to use then what is the point of using it. Without a good feel a game becomes dull, it just like why some many people used the BR in Halo 4 when the game first released. It didn't matter the the DMR was statistically better almost all the time they just wanted to feel the BR in their digital hands since it left them after Halo 3.

Overall I have noticed that any continuation of this is me beating a dead horse but honestly I feel like I saw this coming from you since you first set foot in FiG with your opening remarks.

Can we maybe try to keep this civil?

It's turned into a rant thread, sure, but we're all in the same boat. We all had our jimmies rustled, Overkill is really greedy, yatta yatta, same thing we've been repeating since day 1 of Crimefest. If you've planned to leave the game, then leave it, don't bother stiring up any more trouble with people who still intend to stick around, the fires are already burning and negative press will keep piling up even further. If you want to channel your anger for Overkill, do it in a more productive manner like negative reviews, low mettacritic scores, hell even write them an angry letter. And if that ain't enough you can always go vent on the Steam Forums, the mods there are on strike so nobody's gonna moderate or attempt to censor anything (I wouldn't recommend this last part). :eyebrow:

Can we maybe try to keep this civil?

It's turned into a rant thread, sure, but we're all in the same boat. We all had our jimmies rustled, Overkill is really greedy, yatta yatta, same thing we've been repeating since day 1 of Crimefest. If you've planned to leave the game, then leave it, don't bother stiring up any more trouble with people who still intend to stick around, the fires are already burning and negative press will keep piling up even further. If you want to channel your anger for Overkill, do it in a more productive manner like negative reviews, low mettacritic scores, hell even write them an angry letter. And if that ain't enough you can always go vent on the Steam Forums, the mods there are on strike so nobody's gonna moderate or attempt to censor anything (I wouldn't recommend this last part). :eyebrow:

I'm jut gonna go ahead and delete the game. This has turned from a quality drop off into a death spiral. Might as well jump ship for good this time. Besides, Insurgency has some new guns, Dirty Bomb got some inprovements to the burst rifles, and I have a fluid dynamics exam to study for. It's not like I'm starved of things to do. Just a shame I have to abandoned something that used to be so fun. It's like Titanfall all over again. 

I'm jut gonna go ahead and delete the game. This has turned from a quality drop off into a death spiral. Might as well jump ship for good this time. Besides, Insurgency has some new guns, Dirty Bomb got some inprovements to the burst rifles, and I have a fluid dynamics exam to study for. It's not like I'm starved of things to do. Just a shame I have to abandoned something that used to be so fun. It's like Titanfall all over again. 

https://youtu.be/FopyRHHlt3M

That was about as accurate of a reaction video I could find.

I was really hoping to play with you on this game, but it just goes to show that you can't hold your crap together long enough to even try. Especially considering I called you out that I could potentially be better than you at the game but you're not even willing to throw down the gauntlet and prove me wrong that the guns can still hold their ground in some form or another but you'd rather be a big baby about it and act like every single AR in this game is going to fly off-screen or perform 180 tricks and hit you in the head and then additionally complain that pistols will be the only thing that destroys DW and make it look like a joke and that Shotguns might as well act like lemmings and fall off cliffs or something. Seriously, there's a reason I called this threads "the road to overreactions", because if there's anyone here who has overreacted the most, it's you.

• Like 1

https://youtu.be/FopyRHHlt3M

That was about as accurate of a reaction video I could find.

I was really hoping to play with you on this game, but it just goes to show that you can't hold your crap together long enough to even try. Especially considering I called you out that I could potentially be better than you at the game but you're not even willing to throw down the gauntlet and prove me wrong that the guns can still hold their ground in some form or another but you'd rather be a big baby about it and act like every single AR in this game is going to fly off-screen or perform 180 tricks and hit you in the head and then additionally complain that pistols will be the only thing that destroys DW and make it look like a joke and that Shotguns might as well act like lemmings and fall off cliffs or something. Seriously, there's a reason I called this threads "the road to overreactions", because if there's anyone here who has overreacted the most, it's you.

The game just isn't fun anymore knowing that this is how Overkill think  capitalism works. They "reward" us with a new way to be nickeled and dimed, which was reason enough to get rid of it in the first place, but I kept it installed and I tried hard to avoid it by just kicking skins out of my lobbies. 

The COP was what did it in. It was an out and out scam that was an even more direct way of Overkill saying they effectively just want us to fork over free money, after everything else I've already bought. 

The weapon rebalancing by itself was not what killed the game for me. Was it amateurish? Yes. The weapons weren't rebalanced so much as they changed which guns were good and which guns were bad. I changed my guns around, and it annoyed me that my old favorites like the Loco and 553 were worth more as scrap. I just sold what was worthless and tweaked what was useful. 

The reason for my bitterness is because the way Overkill treats their customers now is entirely inappropriate and not deserving of patronage. Anyone who seriously thinks their business practices are defensible are either oblivious to what's happened or masocists who like being robbed blind. I'm neither of those people, so naturally I'm doing everything I can to make sure no one makes the same mistake that I did. If I have other games that are just as fun, if not more so, but without any of these elements I find objectionable, why would I keep playing Payday 2?

http://www.co-optimus.com/editorial/1681/page/1/the-story-of-payday-2-and-microtransactions-part-1.html

So here's what I'm wondering.

People for months now have been stating that Overkill has lied to us. This may be true in some sense, but what if it's not lying but rather a sense of miscommunication? Almir has stated that he, along with everyone else at Overkill and 505 Games, have had issues with telling the community what they intend to do, the perfect example being the Hype Train event (which is mentioned in the article). Whether its straight up lying or lying by omission I don't know, but honestly I feel like everyone has been biting the hand so much that they don't realize there's any meat and bone left to chew on and haven't truly been looking at every angle that Overkill has done.

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/christmas2015/

It's Christmas time folks and we got a new community heist available and this one is a doozy in terms of Survival.

It also looks like Overkill is trying to help compromise the Microtransaction deal by eventually adding Stat and Team Boosts into the game via card drops, so now hopefully those who complain about "Pay-to-win" being a thing will now shut up as folks like us who haven't spent money on stat-boosted items will be on an even playing field. (Note: This does not go into effect until next week, along with a new event safe)

As someone who has tested certain skins, I can say 100% for certain they are pay to win. I mean, who doesn't love Sneaky Bastard/Low Blow aced with heavy ballistic vests and stealth concealment skins?

19 minutes ago, RadioactiveNuke said:

As someone who has tested certain skins, I can say 100% for certain they are pay to win. I mean, who doesn't love Sneaky Bastard/Low Blow aced with heavy ballistic vests and stealth concealment skins?

Not me.

I'm perfectly fine with my 2-Piece suit, thank you.

Ongoing damage control isn't doing a sufficient job imo.

Also stuff being added into card drops isn't going to make things better, the card drops are already cluttered as all hell. To this day I haven't received a single drill from a card drop to justify their attempts to fix things, everything the game chugs at me is garbage or stuff I already have sprinkled with the extremely rare Infamous item (considering I'm XXV that's pretty sad). Yes I realize there's people out there who've had like tens of drill drops since Crimefest and probably get Infamous shit every day, but seeing as I don't know anyone who'se that blessed by RNG or had one drop and personally I've only seen only like two drop in crews I've been in, I find the whole ordeal pretty sad.. 

4 hours ago, Skyrazer said:

Ongoing damage control isn't doing a sufficient job imo.

Also stuff being added into card drops isn't going to make things better, the card drops are already cluttered as all hell. To this day I haven't received a single drill from a card drop to justify their attempts to fix things, everything the game chugs at me is garbage or stuff I already have sprinkled with the extremely rare Infamous item (considering I'm XXV that's pretty sad). Yes I realize there's people out there who've had like tens of drill drops since Crimefest and probably get Infamous shit every day, but seeing as I don't know anyone who'se that blessed by RNG or had one drop and personally I've only seen only like two drop in crews I've been in, I find the whole ordeal pretty sad.. 

RNG is never a good thing. It's why I got goonmod. Speaking of, does BLT:CSE work with the newest hoxhud yet? Last I checked it was still borked. 

1 hour ago, SonataDusk said:

RNG is never a good thing. It's why I got goonmod. Speaking of, does BLT:CSE work with the newest hoxhud yet? Last I checked it was still borked. 

Still broken far as I'm aware. :eyebrow: