Sign in to follow this  
Rainstories

Anyone else really hate the new theme intro?

When the theme intro got released, I didn't really like it. I mean, it felt cool because the show has changed a lot over the years, but then it quickly lost it's "oh, it's new!" vibe. I felt myself missing the old intro, which despite small changes, has still fundementally stayed the same over the years. Yes,  avoided the stress of adding in new characters and trying to find enough room, blah blah blah. But nostalgia, anyone? 

Alright, let me explain this in a different view. If anyone remembers the 1998-2008 show That 70s show (great show if you haven't watched it), most of the characters had left the series by the time season 8 rolled around, including what was for 7 seasons been the main character. As well as secondary characters such as Kelso. They did make up for the leaving of the character by adding (ick) Randy. Enough background. 

What had changed the most about the show was the intro. Like MLP,  this show had the same FOUNDATION of an intro, with slight changes such as Lori leaving for brief periods of time. Still it had the same theme of the main characters jamming out to tunes in the Vista Cruiser.

But then came season 8. 

They completely changed the into by turning it into that main characters sitting around the circle. Changed. It was weird and felt like a bit of a grab for nostalgia but flopped terribly. And so, That 70s show was rounded up with a sloppy ending. 

Anyone else have thoughts and/or insight? 

• Like 1

Prefer the old one as well. That they cram in as many characters as possible in the intros of the later seasons is also a bit EH to me.

I think this topic is a bit out of place in the non pony section. xD