PinkiePie97

My Little Pony: Equestria Girls: Sunset's Backstage Pass

Title: Sunset's Backstage Pass

Synopsis: The Starswirled Music Festival isfinallyhere,and the Mane 7 are going to get their“glamping” on! Sunset and Pinkie are the most excited to see their favorite band perform but when Equestrian Magic causes a “Groundhog Day” inspiredtime loop to start,Sunset gets stuck reliving "Festival Day 1" forever!

Airs: Today at 11:30 A.M. on Discovery Family

• Like 2

I really enjoyed this special. not only because Sunset and Pinkie pie are in my top 3 fave characters (Pinkie is first, Sunset is 3rd) and therefore i was happy to see their friendship dynamic and how it works. 

But also because i found it really interesting seeing Sunset re-live the same day over and over, slowing losing her mind. Sure it was pretty clear from the begging who would be the cause of the time loop as well as the moral of living life and not worrying about perfection but it was still enjoyable none the less and a good moral as well for young kids. 

Overall i would say that out of all the EG specials this is pretty good, not the best one (Since i think Forgotten Friendship and Mirror Magic where better) but definitely one of the better ones. 

13 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Without giving anything away, I liked Sunset's Backstage Pass A LOT more than Spring Breakdown. 

Yeah I do like this more than Spring breakdown as well. I guess my main problems with spring breakdown was the pacing, That weird sub-plot with Rarity finding AJ's long lost twin and RD's overall character. Why do you think Sunset's backstage pass is better? 

• Like 1

Definitely my favorite EQG content since Forgotten Friendship!

Su-Z's mad art-school dropout skills are indeed fearsome and potent. But Sunset might be a witch who eats other people's toast so the game was really over before it had even begun.

Also, Pinkie Pie has three eyes so now she gets to snark Vegeta and he can't do anything about it or she wins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dazzlings. Are. Back!

The special itself was fairly nice, despite being pretty much Groundhog Day: MLP EG Edition.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2019 at 1:10 AM, DoodleDot said:

Why do you think Sunset's backstage pass is better? 

Because Rainbow Dash was barely featured in it. :rdwink:

Although, Pinkie Pie being annoying throughout "Sunset's Backstage Pass" wasn't much better, IMO. :berrywut:

• Like 2

On 7/30/2019 at 4:07 AM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Because Rainbow Dash was barely featured in it. :rdwink:

Well i don't think RD is a bad character, it just depends on who is writing for her and, sadly who ever was writing spring breakdown made her very annoying. :applebelch:

On 7/30/2019 at 4:07 AM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Although, Pinkie Pie being annoying throughout "Sunset's Backstage Pass" wasn't much better, IMO. :berrywut:

I didn't think she was being annoying. :eyebrow: Sure i could be biased since she is my favorite character but, as @ABronyAccount said she was spot on in the short and, i personally think they did a great job of portraying pinkie while also having her annoy Sunset enough to get her stuck in the time loop.