PinkiePie97

Season 9, Episode 18: She Talks to Angel

Title: She Talks to Angel

Synopsis: When Fluttershy and Angel Bunny's relationship hits the skids, Zecora gives them a potion to help them understand each other.

Airs: Today at 11:30 A.M. on Discovery Family

• Like 2

Alright. Episode 18.

Uh Fluttershys and Angels relationship has something that has always been more in the background for me and i never really cared for it. I don't really know what to expect from this episode.

Let's get over with it.

Racoons are no predators.

Yay, Zecora. She's such an underrated character.

Bruuuuuh, snakes don't eat cookies! I know this is just a cartoon but anyway.

Couldn't Fluttershy just take care of her messy mane real quick? Or is supposed to show how stressed out she is? Either way, Rarity disapproves.

"We're kind of at an impasse." You mean like Twilight and Tirek when they fought?

Oh, so the good old body swap episode almost every cartoon has? Kinda predictable.

"See how shyyyyy i am?" Pretty funny but not suspicious at all.

Wait, did AngelFluttershy just say "Wanna marry Discord"? Please fucking no?

How can Fluttershy as Angel be out of breath when Angel hops around all the time and the lungs should be used to that?

Funny how Zecoras cutie mark changes position from one ass cheek to the other every now and then.

Soo the wolf got used to the carrots after all?

And Zecora is definitly gonna do that again.

Uh. Damn. This is a tough one. I like Zecora in this episode. Same with Fluttershy (the body swap plot put an interesting?, little spin on her voice acting). It resolved some shit.

Uh, fuck. I don't know what score to give this episode.

Something between a 6,5/10 and 7/10.

• Like 1

Wow we finally got a freaky Friday plot in MLP and it only took them 9 seasons to do it. Jokes aside lets get on with the review. 

Angel:

I always hated this character, sure he has been nice to fluttershy from time to time BUT most of the time he is ether rude (in a spoiled child kind of way) or outright abusive and funny enough this episode shows he is like this towards everyone, not just fluttershy. With all that said though i am rather happy with how he slowly started to realize how rude he is and yes he is still a sassy bunny but at least he is now a sassy bunny that can see when he does wrong and tries his best to not be an asshole. 

Honestly thought i would hate this episode for trying to redeem Angels character but by the end i was not only fine with it but glad they did this. 

Fluttershy: 

Fluttershy was pretty good in this episode, she felt in character and i like that we FINALLY addressed the problem of the mane six having two jobs (in Fluttershy's case it's teacher and, running pet sanctuary) and being an element of harmony, even if it was kinda brushed over. My only complaint is that Fluttershy tried to make all the animals go vegan even though most animals who are omnivore can't go vegan and it's impossible for a carnivore to go vegan. Yes i get this is only while their at the pet sanctuary and maybe all animals in MLP are omnivore's and can change diet like humans;

that would explain why the ponies in MLP use eggs and milk when in real like ponies are herbivore.

Zecora: 

Nice to see this character again before the end of the show. Some have questioned if her potion was the best answer to Fluttershy and Angels problem and personally i think it was. Why? Because nether of them were being empathetic towards each other (i mean Angel was apathetic towards everyone, Fluttershy is normally empathetic but she couldn't really understand Angel's problems until she live in his body for a bit) and clearly the best way to make someone truly understand your problems is to live life in their shoes. 

It's very similar to that episode where Starlight made Luna and Celly switch cutie marks, only instead of cutie marks it was bodies (which makes sense, Angel has no cutie mark). 

Problems?

Aside from Fluttershy making animals go vegan (i mean surely she could provide meat for the carnivore's) and the fact that they didn't use Angelshy for comedy as much as they could of (seriously image Angel as Fluttershy talking to Discord, that would be so funny). 

Also this isn't really a problem but idk where else to put it but, the line Angel said as fluttershy "i wanna marry discord" to me seemed like a clear joke from the staff. I don't know why but i a LOT of fans got butthurt over that (some even refusing to watch the episode because they hate FLuttercord). Which to me seem really dumb, i personally don't ship Fluttercord (prefer DiscordXCelestia) but since that was one line that (most likely) was just a joke, i don't see why it should decided if the episode is worth hating or not. 

Overall:

This episode was pretty good, not a personal favourite but critically i will put it as a 7/10. The problems in this episode where minor and the only big problem was a pure nick pick on my end. 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2019 at 11:39 PM, Leonbrony17 said:

Yay, Zecora. She's such an underrated character.

Very much agree with this, really wish we got to see more of even, even if it was in Apple Bloom episodes. 

Couldn't Fluttershy just take care of her messy mane real quick? Or is supposed to show how stressed out she is? Either way, Rarity disapproves.

To be fair we have only seen Rarity make sure to fix her mane as soon as it's messy (unless shes broken) so at least it's in character for Fluttershy not to care. 

Oh, so the good old body swap episode almost every cartoon has? Kinda predictable.

To be fair the cartoon has ran much longer than most and only just now are we seeing this cliche.

"See how shyyyyy i am?" Pretty funny but not suspicious at all.

Yeah it's pretty funny no one thought Angelshy was suspicious, but with that said you would think at least one pony would think it was a changeling or if discord was in this episode i would be willing to bet he would know straight away that's it's Angel.

Wait, did AngelFluttershy just say "Wanna marry Discord"? Please fucking no?

Yeah i had to replay that line 5 times to make sure my mind wasn't playing tricks. It's most likely a joke and Angel would ether just assume that because Dsicord is Fluttershy's closest male friend or he was just outright trolling. 

Funny how Zecoras cutie mark changes position from one ass cheek to the other every now and then.

First of all, is that a cutie mark? I mean the show has said only ponies get cutie marks so i assumed it was fancy fur markings. Also even if it was a cutie mark the show has cutie marks switch butt cheeks all the time. it's only the toys that have it on one side only. 

Soo the wolf got used to the carrots after all?

I call bullshit.

And Zecora is definitly gonna do that again.

Well living fair from ponies must be pretty boring, i bet that potion was a lot of fun for her to watch. 

• Like 1

Well,  we all know one thing: this episode was pretty weird, but at least it gave us insight into what Angel thinks. And that way Fluttershy was able to give her full attention to both Angel Bunny and all of her animals. So, overall, the episode was great.

• Like 2