PinkiePie97

Season 9, Episode 22: Growing Up is Hard to Do

Title: Growing Up is Hard to Do

Synopsis: When the Cutie Mark Crusaders are magically transformed into grownups,they discover that growing up the right way means gaining experience and wisdom that simply can’t be rushed.

Airs: Today at 11:30 A.M. on Discovery Family

• Like 1

Alright. Episode 22.

Cutie Mark Crusaders growing up and having to deal with the responsibillities of beeing a grown up. Another cliched scenario almost every cartoon has had before. But doesn't mean it can't be good, right? It might just be that the finale is very close but i have some higher expectations from the last bunch of episodes. So let's hope this one will be good.

Aaaaaaaand let's get into it.

"And all kinds of food on a stick" Like Scootaloo on a stick, if you know what i mean.

Lifting up Sweetie Belle with one of your backhoofs? Wow Rarity, you keep getting stronger and stronger. xD

Aaaand of fucking course every single one of the mane 6 is busy at the exact same inconvenient time.

"Or you can end up in a strange town, lost in a dangerous situation with nopony to help you" You mean like you and your friends got lost in Starlights town?

"Right now i can't find a single reference to this flower" How about Beauty and the Beast rip off?

"Hey Sweetie Belle. Why is your face all lit up?" Hey Scootaloo. Why didn't you notice the increasing glow of the flower earlier?

Damn. They look good as grown ups. Sweetie Belle in particular. But Scootaloos wings are still tiny and useless?

Holy shit, another pretty darn good song.

Okay. So they were competent enough to get the tickets but not competent enough to take the right train or get out on the right station? I mean did they even get the tickets themselves or one of the mane 6 or their parents? I have so many questions

Biscuit? Oh no. What is his second name then? This is almost Dragonball levels of awkward names.

So barrier and teleporting others at the same time? Damn Twilight, you're skilled as hell.

"And things could have been a lot worse" Yeah, be glad you didn't have a time limit until your wish becomes irreversable. Like i thought it would be.

Alright. I liked this episode. The song was good. The plot wasn't too cliched and predictable. And even though the scenario itself felt a tiny bit fanficy and the whirlwind dog at the end felt like another one off plot device, good episode.

I give it a 7.5/10.