Creative canvas

What Mlp has meant to me

Not sure if this is where I should post this, but anyway, Mlp has meant something to everyone, and now that the show is over, I wanna hear your stories. So what has MLP meant to you? 

I joined the fandom around summer of 2011, I was in my early 20s, a couple of years out of high school  and had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I realize now what I was meant to do with my life. I love to draw, I love animation, if it wasn't for Mlp I wouldn't have figured out that I love animation as much as I do, I've always loved animation and creating things for people, telling stories, ect. If it wasn't for Mlp I wouldn't have known that  I wanna be an animator and a story teller. I have three little godkids, so I wanna be able to tell stories and create fantastic worlds  for them to play in and create their own stories. Mlp made me realize what I want  to do with my life. It's been with me through most of my twenties so thank you MLP for helping me realize what I want to do with my life. You changed me for the better :partycannon:

• Like 1

I found Mlp in late May 2016. Through Mlp i found Mlpforums and this one (which is much better btw). Through the forums i found my very first friends, something i never had before. My friends kept me from commiting suicide.

So yeah, the show has led me to many wonderful things and it has a very special place in my heart.

I will miss G4.

MLP was great. I wish more shows followed on its wake. For everything I didn't like there were several that i loved, and, obviously, I can  only speak for myself. I'm sure people out there think it was perfect, and if it was for them, then good for them. I was on med school when I started watching it and had a hard time fitting in (long story) and MLP and the fandom was certainly a big help.

• Like 1

There are many hypocritical assholes in the fandom and i would lie when I tell I feel bad for my leave. I won't look back, that's for sure.

As for the show, it was a great cartoon and it was a big part in my life until season 5, when it started losing its way and i lost interest more and more.

How and where do I begin to answer this rather loaded question? It's quite an expansive answer, however I look at it. I began my love affair with MLP in February of 2012, beginning with a partial viewing of "A Dog and Pony Show" and then a full viewing of "Fair Weather Friends" days later. Of course, it really began with Keanu Reeves. Don't suppose the old depressed Keanu memes ring any bells? The one of him sitting on a park bench looking sort of despondent? Well, there was a version with Lyra sitting beside him and Bon-Bon laying beside the bench, and Fluttershy after that, and one by one he eats them. And I remember looking at those ponies and thinking what wonderful fanart that was and wishing they'd thought to make the characters look like that in a remake.

And then I discovered that is precisely what had happened.

I was quick to download Season 1 and follow Season 2, and now, here we have Princess Twilight Sparkle, ruler of Equestria, ageless before her friends, and I am filled with love and sorrow in equal measure. I never got into the debates and fallout following her Ascension, that didn't bother me but I also wasn't going to get into any fights over it either way. I didn't take a stance, I just chose to continue loving the show.

I never felt alone while I had MLP in my life, whether through fanfiction, fanart, or music, or the show itself, I was in a good place when I was with ponies, and those who love ponies. I fell in love with the show and the community both and I don't regret it. And after all this time, I still count myself a big fan and that isn't going to end anytime soon. I write, I read, and I engage with the community when and where I can.

Thank you for being.