leonbrony17

About the chinese spammers here.

I heard many people grieving about chinese spammers. And i also noticed people who are just comming here and making posts like:

To stop that, i suggest that we invent the rule that the only legit language on this forum should be english.

And everyone who make post's in a different language should get banished (or at least a warning).

It would be kind to think about that idea.

Thank you.

I agree because its getting out of hand

to the point where everytime we turn around its happening again

now hold on there a bit leon that give a warning to other languages you're sorrta jumping the shark.

but I see where youre coming from

That's why you learn Chinese so you can read their posts.

But why would you when they're all the same ad and language isn't the problem, it's accessibility to the forum that is. There are other things that can be done to subvert or give the bots trouble, one has been carried out and I suppose we're waiting to see if it works. All else fails we can institute a system of Captchas and run with that.

Of course the problem isn't entirely solved so long as the capitalist system remains in place: but whaddaya gonna do.

The staff is already doing something regarding the bots.

In an effort to stave off the spambot menace, we've turned on e-mail validation for new registrations. If you are a new user attempting to sign up and are having issues creating an account, please send an e-mail to kaethela@equestriadaily.com and we'll get you sorted out.

AaronMk speaks wisely. If this implement doesn't work then Captcha should be added. Also I imagine an anarchy-communist revolution in USA and other world powers is needed to break the capitalism.

Also while I can understand English only rule for forum threads I am against not being allowed to speak my own language on my own page or PMs. But well Forums aren't democracies, it depends only on the Administrators good will.   

It doesn't works. Ban languages is a totally ineffective, I remember some post where we already posted Chinese, Russian, German, ... Moreover, spammers already used English posts.

I guess spammer bots are able to change IP too.

I don't know if a deep programming is possible to do in these forums, but if not, I'm afraid there is no way to counter these spammers. Captchas are already required for any new members.

• Like 1

They're bots, they aren't gonna see a rule saying speak english and go "well golly gee I guess I can't spam here"

The theory is that an actual person is verifying these accounts and then letting them lose

Or they have a interface for just enter the captchas when it's required and everything else is done by the program, including e-mail validation and IP changing. That's common.

Anyway, if a rule prevent the bot from posting, they will try to bypass. As they already do with captcha and IP ban.

Of course somebody is checking if the program running well. That's why I think ban Jap/Chinese is pretty useless, and it needs to be deep analyzed.

16 hours ago, Nightshroud said:

I agree because its getting out of hand

to the point where everytime we turn around its happening again

now hold on there a bit leon that give a warning to other languages you're sorrta jumping the shark.

but I see where youre coming from

WHAT???

Now, they're coming every night and making over ten spam threads at a time. Most of their thread titles include names of Universities, for some reason. 

We've had Captcha turned on since the beginning. Turning on e-mail validation was an additional step to try to curb the sheer number of them. There's only so much I can do with the tools I have.

• Like 1