AI-senpai

Equestria Girls 4 Confirmed

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/10/equestria-girls-4-confirmed-by-hasbro.html

Honestly, I'm all for it. I thought Friendship Games was the best one yet and it blew me away. Here's to hoping the next will be even better. :dealwithit:

Just to be clear, this is not the 2017 film with actual ponies.

Edited by ultimateAI
  • Like 1

lol wat

find it

or I guess if you can't then just wait for a release that might be more official

To be clear, though, it aired on TV 7 days ago at 8:00 p.m. EST

Edited by ultimateAI

Terrific, like we really need another one. My real question though is who is going to write this? Meghan can't because she got a major promotion as head of Hasbro's animation department or something like that. They can't have Haber write it because he screwed up Friendship Games big time. There's just too much money to be made on EqG

Well to be fair, we didn't need any particular thing from FIM or even the show as a whole, but we got it and love it. I'm not saying everyone has to like EQG though.

I don't really care who writes it, honestly. I try not to be too critical about something before it even comes out, so I wait and I watch and finally I judge.

How did Josh Haber ruin FG?

Edited by ultimateAI

FG Is honestly my fav one, it somehow managed to be beat Rainbow Rocks in my book. I really don't care who writes the new one, long as the quality keeps going up as it evidently does. And as long as in the end they finally bring Sunset back to Equestria. DO IT HASBRO! JUST DO IT! :gonkity:

• Like 1

And as long as in the end they finally bring Sunset back to Equestria. DO IT HASBRO! JUST DO IT! :gonkity:

I honestly do not believe Sunset will ever set foot back in Equestria at this point. There's no reason for her to and nothing left for her on the other side. She has everything on the human side though - friends, a home, and responsibilities overseeing magic there.

The ONLY plotline I could imagine that could get her through the portal for any length of time would be if she got a message saying if one of her parents or siblings were dying/badly hurt in a hospital, and then I'd only see her visiting to see them (and possibility air some family tensions from back when she was in bitch mode), then explaining she has a much better life on the other side of the mirror in Human World and return to CHS, to the place she calls home with her friends.

Nah... I see the fourth move being that since Twilight herself finally broke the taboo of meeting her human counterpart that her pony-side friends find out and, fair's fair, she lets them go on a field trip to CHS. However, while at first, nothing bad seems to happen, like Old Spice Odor Body Wash, the collective magic of TWO Mane 6's together is like DOUBLE SUN POWER!! and everything goes haywire. This would be the cause of the villains, which in this case I'd hope to be an Adagio Dazzle/Abacus Cinch alliance.

Where's Sonata and Aria in my idea? I figure given Sonata's personality, she wasn't really too bad to begin with, and without the evil ex machina around her neck, she'd actually start a redemption route herself, and is possibly also working on a taco food truck. Aria seemed not wholly bad but not nice either and would become a moody loner, and if caught in the final battle, I think she would ultimately help the good guys as an anti-hero, in part to spite Adagio.

I'd like to know that too. I think he did a good job too. Wish the final fight sequence was longer in FG, and Celestia raised more of a fuss to call the games after the plant attack in the name of student safety, but otherwise... I see nothing all that bad he did wrong.

• Like 1

My headcanon is that the sirens stop being evil soon after their gems are destroyed, possibly losing their identities as sirens and becoming human.

This idea seems to be positively received.

My headcanon is that the sirens stop being evil soon after their gems are destroyed, possibly losing their identities as sirens and becoming human.

This idea seems to be positively received.

My belief was that Adagio was the only one of the three that was genuinely evil, the other two following her because it was all they knew to do, drawn to Adagio by her cult of personality. I mean, when you listened to them talk about gathering power, only Adagio seemed to approach it with a sense of conquest and megalomania. Sonata didn't seem to care in the slightest about the task, like was just doing it because she had to, and Aria... she seemed to approach the whole matter more like just trying to get a bite to eat than trying enslave all of humanity:

• "That was barely worth the effort, Adagio. I'm tired of fast food. I need a meal."
  • "So we're just gonna do what we always do? Stir up some trouble and then feed off the negative energy? Some plan, Adagio."
  • "But the punch is awful, too."

Meanwhile Sonata's first line:

• "For realsies? Because I think this place is the worst."

When taken into context with her dialogue and the context of actions later on, it would infer Sonata probably just didn't like that town, not the human world in general. Another line that points to Sonata not really having any concern or desire for power or evil was when the Dazzlings first entered the cafeteria:

• Adagio: "This is it, girls. The moment we've been waiting for."
  • Sonata: "Lunch?!"
  • Adagio: "The chance to get our true Equestrian magic back."
  • Sonata: "Oh. Right."

So, in all, that's why I think if they return, Adagio is still gonna be evil, but the other two won't be.

I see what you mean, which is why I'd like to elaborate and say that they all still become good, but Adagio feels the most reluctant and troubled about it since she was the most evil and now experiences emotions she never knew before.

When you compare Rainbow Rocks, which was written by Meghan, to FG there's a massive difference. Rainbow Rocks was actually really good all the way though. Great villains, great songs, and a great final battle with amazing animation. FG felt meh at best, somehow even worse than the first movie was. Josh's problem is that he really doesn't have a lot of passion towards FIM, at least in my opinion. He's openly stated he views FIM as a sitcom that resets after every episode, which honestly is far from what Lauren Faust wanted the show to be. When he was at Babscon earlier this year it seemed like he really didn't want to be there. He seemed almost bored and and agitated the entire time. 

I don't know I just don't think Josh has the passion that say Meghan and Larson do. Meghan may have an obsession for Twilight, but she can make some good episodes. Larson's episodes are almost always good to. Josh has a few that are good, but for the most part his episodes are average at best 

I understand it's just an opinion, but as I said before, FG was by far the best of the three, so I can't say I agree with you. I also enjoyed his episodes, especially the third of S4. If he said something, then he said something, and I don't agree with that either, but to me it doesn't really show.