Sign in to follow this  
Leonbrony17

The "Pinkie Pie Presents Her New Show 'Hello Pinkie Pie'!" Animation

Alright.

I know this has been out for a while now and this topic looks like it might be about 2 and a half months too late, but somehow something always came inbetween me wanting to make this topic and discuss this properly, sooo here i am.

A few months ago the official Mlp Youtube channel has posted a short animation called "Pinkie Pie Presents Her New Show 'Hello Pinkie Pie'!".

(For some reason i can't post a link to the video here, or any link for that matter, so i'll try to do that in the comments and hope it's not a bug or something)

This seems to have been the first official 3D animation from the show and with words like "all NEW pony friends" and "beyond Equestria" in the description of the video it seems to imply that there is more of this to come, or that this might even be a tease for the upcoming CG movie.

It could just be test footage to see how people react to it but if this is the actual and more or less final animation style the upcoming movie will use then it's looking pretty bad to me. I just don't like this. The way her neck and legs stretch sometimes. The way her mane looks like.

But that's just my opinion.

More important is. What do you think about this animation?

Do you think the upcoming CG movie will be fine looking similar to this or do you think it needs some drastic overhauls or even a complete change in animation style?

Would you like to see more of this or not?

16 minutes ago, ABronyAccount said:

It was okay for what it was, but there was literally no reason not to get Andrea Libman.

It was not her?

Damn, i didn't know that. I noticed that her voice sounded a bit off but since i can find no information from behind the scenes of this whatsover that's a bit of a suprise to hear she didn't have her original voice actor.

Maybe this will be the new voice actor for the new Pinkie Pie?

@CloudMistDragon Thanks for sharing the new one. :)

Pinkie Pie having a different voice actor becomes even more audible to me in the second one. She sounds more like Rainbow Dash when she laughs during the Cheese Sandwhich part.

They also have slightly reworked her character model. Her hair looks less realistic now. I like it a tiny bit more the way she looks now.

ALSO, on their official Youtube channel they seem to have started another "show" of short 3D animations. This time stop motion animations which look they they're related to Pony Life. I've yet to check them out.

• Like 1

They just released a new one. It's around the first 2 minutes of this video.

Just like the stop motion shorts they also seem to have put this one in a weird compilation of all the previous animations. I don't know why they do that.

Twilight makes her debut in this one.

Her wings and face look a little bit weird and hearing someone other than Tara Strong voicing her is a little bit painful in my opinion.

I saw a few videos of the Hello Pinkie Pie show they’re ok I mean they’re funny and everything but I think I like the real show better:popcorn:

2125840.gif

• Like 2

Another one came out recently. With more Twilight in it.

And i have some things to say about it.

Twilights horn isn't lit up when she is walking in with the potions but the potions are.

And what is up with those weird cuts here and there? You see Twilight and Pinkie in one shot, then in the next shot it's a bit closer and moving a little bit, then slightly zoomed out again, then zoomed in again? That's some questionable cinematography and it's a bit headache inducing upon first and second viewing.

Why do Pinkies eyes not have the white little reflection in them when she is tiny?

medium.jpg

On top of that, in the shot above Twilights doesn't light up her horn or pick up any of potions. But in the next shot,

medium.gif

she looks in a different direction, her horn is already lit up and she already has two potions grabbed with her magic. Nothing inbetween those two shots. Once again, weird visual choices.

And why does Twilight not grab Pinkie Pie with her magic when she's floating away at the end instead of running after her and trying to physically catch her like a fucking idiot?

On the good side though. I like the way Twilights magic looks like.

medium.png

I'm pretty late on this one.

How the fuck is Gummy holding the hammer? He's small and he has no fingers.

When Gummy hits the gong you can clearly see he has no piece of paper in his mouth. But in the next close up shot of his face he holds a piece of paper with his mouth.

Rainbow Dashes eyes are blue when she enters the stage.

medium.png

Also, her hair doesn't bounce around or moves at all even though she is moving around quickly and right after that entrance you can clearly see how her and Pinkie Pies hair always moves and bounces around when they move and and shake their heads and stuff.

ALSO, OH GOD, RAINBOW DASHES VOICE SOUNDS SO FUCKING TERRIBLE. It's too deep and she sounds even more like a boy. I don't like it, man.

And just like in the last episode there are really weird cuts here and there. After saying "It's time for..." we go from Pinkie Pie standing on one shot to holding her face with her hoofs in the next shot. Nothing inbetween. And at least to me that looks and feels a bit weird.

Her hair also kinda glitches and freaks out for a moment while she says "... the eclair jenga challenge" and presents the eclair tower. I wish i could find a gif of this.

"Whoever knocks down the tower loses. But the winner get's to eat all the eclair and be dECLAIREd the most awesome eclair player." And then the winner is gonna die of fucking diabetes.

55-552509_absurd-res-artist-pinkie-pie-t

After that she excitingly jumps through the air and here i noticed some weird whit dots on the ceiling (maybe they are supposed to be lights?) and when Pinkie jumps around they are layered above her. Once again, if only i could find a gif of this. They should really double and triple check for such weird little things before they release those episode.

When Rainbow Dash pushes out the first eclair her mane freaks out as well.

When Pinkie Pie grabs those eclairs near the end and opens her mouth to eat them they then just disappear. It looks so funny, man.

Also, when Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash start kicking around a pumpkin at the end all the eclairs that should be around them are gone. They just vanished into thin air.