Sign in to follow this  
PixelGrip94

If You Could Erase One Episode From The Show, Which Would It Be And Why?

Pretty simple topic. What episode would you erase from canon and why? Could be a personal reason, could be practical, whatever you feel.

Personally, I'd erase Daring Don't simply because it made so little sense to make Daring Do real and a lot of the episode itself doesn't keep consistent with the world.

For example, if Daring Do doesn't trust anypony with the secrets she encounters, why does she write books about her adventures after they happen? Not a very well kept secret if you publish it to the masses. Also, how could the rings used in the episode affect the sun when Celestia controls it? It's supposed to cause 1000 years of sweltering heat, but couldn't Celestia fix that in a millisecond? She's the alicorn princess who moves the sun on a daily basis and has done so for well over 1000 years so I'm sure she knows how to control it's heat. Just so many things that don't make sense that it bothers me they exist in the lore and I've never been able to wrap my head around it in any way that makes sense. 

• Like 2

For me personally I think Daring Don't made the Read it and Weep episode weaker. I mean the point was for Dash to enjoy reading but now since it is real she is back to fawning over physical achievements again. Also guess it slightly annoys me that she fawns over Daring Do so much. Also for those that read comics Daring Don't ruined the lil bit of information that it was Twilight's mother who wrote the books.  

Still I would rather remove Stranger than Fanfiction when it comes to Daring Do episode.

But hey this is why we have fanfiction and headcanons so I am not bothered.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, LostSanity said:

One of these two:

What About Discord?

or

Every Little Thing She Does

Oh dear God, those two. The former was just not funny at best and outright annoying at worst. As for the latter, if I watched it again, I would probably get up and walk away by the time the episode was at the home stretch.

• Like 2

I have quite a few that I would not mind wanting to eliminate, but the most I'd want to eliminate is Dragon Quest since that episode is nothing but terrible biased crap that took four seasons for dragons to restore their reputation after that mess.

45 minutes ago, LostSanity said:

One of these two:

What About Discord?

or

Every Little Thing She Does

Yeah, I think What About Discord would be another one I would remove from the series. That and Neal Dusedau's other episode, Princess Spike. In the former's case, why would any of the Mane 6 be so cruel to Twilight, especially when Discord is involved? Maybe Rainbow Dash, but the other Mane 6 wouldn't act this way. And in the case of Princess Spike, Spike gets all the blame when in reality, Spike only did what he thought was right. In the end, Spike should have some of the blame, but Princess Cadance should share some of the blame seeing that he only did it because Cadance told him to allow Twilight to sleep. She's at fault too, not just Spike.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, leonbrony17 said:

I don't know.

But you stole my post.

Not really. Your post focuses only on a character. Mine focuses on an entire episode. I will admit that I got the idea from your post, but I didn't completely steal it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, leonbrony17 said:

Alrighty then :)

Honestly, I think your topic could be more interesting anyway. Mine only focuses on the episode, so a character featured in it can still exist, but that particular situation and how it affects said character(s) is all that's removed. Removing an entire character affects a whole heck of a lot more because of how much impact that particular character may have had on the series as a whole be it with other characters, locations, storylines, etc.

Well, ignoring Butterfly Effect (not an episode, look it up), I'd erase either Episode 100 (the fanservice one) or "Honest Apple"...

Honest Apple was actually kind of annoying but episode 100 was a bit too much...

I'd definitely have to say Where the Apple Lies. That episode is one of the only two that I refuse to re-watch, the other being Owl's Well the Ends Well. The deciding factor is that Owlicious managed to redeem himself later in the series enough to at least justify the latter episodes existence, whereas Where the Apple Lies didn't really add anything to the series (aside from possibly Spoiled Rich's amusing maiden name) and the episodes moral had already been covered much more effectively in Sweet and Elite

• Like 1

13 hours ago, baltoist said:

actually I take that back. Where the apple lies

Might I ask why on the matter? I'm curious to know.

2 minutes ago, Nuke87654 said:

Might I ask why on the matter? I'm curious to know.

I just found it to be nothing but cringe. For an AJ backstory they could have done WAY better

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baltoist said:

I just found it to be nothing but cringe. For an AJ backstory they could have done WAY better

Understood, ty, I'll need to consider that and Alabenson's point as well when I come to review it.

• Like 1

Oh right Where the Apples lie. One of three episodes I didn't bother to finish. Also provided amusing if very...questionable possibility about Apple Bloom birth considering the Apple Parents were gone already. Though despite me not liking the episode I wouldn't remove it simply because it doesn't add anything anyway. Probably most interesting thing to happened was that Derpy was having an eye surgery.

• Like 1

This isn't hypothetical for me. I've already erased one episode from the show. You'll understand why after I explain.

This episode was originally written when Ashley Ball was fighting off a throat injury caused by her voice acting and touring with Hey Ocean. It was meant to give one of her characters a send-off, reducing the amount of voicework she would need to perform.

The cold open is in the Ponyville hospital. Granny Smith is gravely ill, and Applejack feels responsible. She beseeches Twilight, Zecora, even Celestia herself in search of some way to restore Granny Smith, but they're all powerless to help. Just as Applejack is resigning herself to the inevitable, a young filly we've never seen before introduces herself and promises to help. She leads AJ to a pony who says she can indeed restore Granny Smith But there is a catch.

At this point, the mare reveals herself to be Discord. Discord insists that he's serious about using his reality-warping power to heal Granny, but in return Applejack must also let him erase her friendship with the rest of the Mane 6 from history. She suspects a trick, a ploy to retroactively keep the Elements of Harmony from imprisoning him in stone years ago, but Discord also guarantees that he'll work in a replacement pony who can stand in for her in the new timeline, a new Element of Honesty to assume her role protecting Equestria... and her friendships with the other ponies. Equestria would be safe and her friends would never miss her.

After a lengthy internal debate, Applejack decides that family is more important to her than anything. She agrees to Discord's terms, and he resets history to remove AJ from the Mane 6 but otherwise leaves everything the same, and heals Granny Smith, whom he assures AJ will still have many more happy years left. Applejack is clearly trying to make peace with her decision, even if it means losing her closest friendships. But because it's Discord, he has another revelation. The mysterious filly who led AJ to him was going to be her future daughter: Apple Streusel. Except with this new timeline, AJ will never meet the father and she will never exist.

Applejack finds herself back on the farm, all her family present and Granny Smith as healthy as she's been in years. But she also sees the new Mane 6 gallop off to deal with a monster threatening Ponyville. When the Apple family gathers for supper, AJ proposes a toast to a brand new day in Equestria.

The title was "One More Day." You don't remember it because I erased it. You're welcome.

Unless you read Spiderman in which case, nyeh!