Sign in to follow this  
Leonbrony17

How was your 2019?

How was everyones 2019?

Was it good? Was it bad? Or meh?

Did anything special happen during your 2019?

You can talk about your 2019 here if you want to.

• Like 1

I quit my job and got my soul back. Sweet Celestia I do NOT want to go back to that company. They are in the headlines frequently, never for good reasons. Their not-good-reasons extend downwards to the parts of the company you never hear about, like mine. It was very stressful and I'm glad to be out. Bonus: rent is already paid through the end of the year so I can take some time off for the holidays and help get my affairs in order, finish some stuff I didn't have time to do while working 65hrs a week.

Also FiM ended so there's that. And some Steven Universe happened? I'll have to catch up with that now that I have no-work.

• Like 2

It was very weird.

My cousin FINALLY moved out, I got a new phone and a new computer, I'm still studying and I got to play Borderlands 3!

• Like 1

For me, my 2019 was pretty hectic. :blink: I was mainly focused on school and study due to the face that this year is year 12 for me, so it's super important. This year is probably the year where I will lose interaction with many of my friends because me and my friends have now finished school and are all going to different universites. :(

To sum it all up, it think 2019 was okay. It could have been better, but overall it wasn't too bad, compared to some previous years. :yay:

• Like 3

Looking back at earlier months from 2019 just makes me even more sad at how i thought this year could have been great but ended up being the year of disappointments.

All the things of 2019 that i was looking forward to ended up disappointing and hurting me.

In late February my father decided to get me my own apartment and pay for the bills until i can pay for myself. Which at first sounded like a great idea. I can have my quiet away from him and he can get drunk every day and do his shit without me "being in his way".

(And, unless my HIGHLY increased activity here gave it away, i feel like i should have mentioned that when it happened after i got my internet working in late March 2019)

Apartment was disgusting, partly full of trash in some corners and the washing machine was broken. And my internet kept cutting out at the most random moments, for weeks sometimes. The bed is uncomfortable and hurts my back still to this day. Oh, and it has mold problems which make it hard to breath in it. And because of those mold problems i will have to go back to my abusive father in late February 2020.

I had my first big crush on a girl in August. Girl turned out to be a liar and manipulator and just used false promises and fake kindness to get me to join her religion.

I got a job. It was terrible and i lost it rather quickly.

My old phone stopped charging more or less so that i had to buy a new one. Screen of my new phone breaks after not even a month and i currently lack the money to let it get repaired.

Mlp finale. It was garbage.

Mlp 2020 news. Not looking too great imo.

Captain Marvel. Boring garbage imo.

Avengers Endgame. Full of plotholes, out of place jokes and bad writing decisions. Good movie, but it could and should have been so much more.

Spiderman Far from Home. Full of Plotholes and cringy jokes that hurt the movie and really didn't need to be there.

The only things that stood consistently good and fun throughout the whole year were, my time here, my time with my friends (at least the real ones that didn't just use me for their own selfish gain), me watching and reviewing episodes and me watching and partly reviewing movies. And thanks to not having had to deal with almost daily insults, threats and sleeping schedule problems my mental state has improved drastically.

As for now i have no hope for 2020.

• Like 2

On 12/16/2019 at 8:40 AM, RaraLover said:

For me, my 2019 was pretty hectic. :blink: I was mainly focused on school and study due to the face that this year is year 12 for me, so it's super important. This year is probably the year where I will lose interaction with many of my friends because me and my friends have now finished school and are all going to different universites. :(

To sum it all up, it think 2019 was okay. It could have been better, but overall it wasn't too bad, compared to some previous years. :yay:

When I was "going to university," email and AIM/MSN/ICQ/IRC were the only ways to keep in touch with somebody remotely, since not everybody had Livejournal. (I'm skipping letter-writing, which we really didn't do by then, and phone calls, which ((let's be honest)) most people try to avoid). Now you and your friends that this "social media" thing so you can stay in touch to exactly the degree you all feel like maintaining contact. It definitely won't be the same as hanging out together, but it's a good sight better than it was back in the Dark Ages of the Pre-Homestar Runner Internet.

I say make use of what you've got if you want to keep in touch! Just don't fall into the easy guilt trap; if you don't contact your friends for a while, sometimes you feel guilty about it which makes it even harder to reach out to them later. The best way to cure that feeling is to just reach out regardless of how long you've all been idle. Everyone gets busy with "real life" happening day to day, so don't feel like you're expected to chat with each other at 3pm every other weekday on-the-dot. Obligation is not the feeling you want to be under when it's really just talking with friends. Good luck at University!

On 12/17/2019 at 9:56 PM, Leonbrony17 said:

Looking back at earlier months from 2019 just makes me even more sad at how i thought this year could have been great but ended up being the year of disappointments.

[...]

As for now i have no hope for 2020.

I understand what it's like to live with someone who's emotionally manipulative and suffering under addiction on top of it all. It'd be easy for me to say "don't be discouraged, keep looking for a new job!" but I know from experience too that it's not that easy either. I will say that I greatly enjoyed the independence that came with having a steady paycheck and work to do, so keep that in mind if you start to feel down about losing the old job. You can look for part-time work and not feel like you're going to be stuck doing a dead-end job; nobody expects anybody to stay in one "career" anymore so it's perfectly fine to look for a paycheck on a year-to-year basis, especially if you're trying to get your own feet under you. There's a freedom in taking menial jobs if you can use that as a platform instead of thinking about it as a wall in front of your future.

I will say that while 2019 may have been disappointing, as the years pile up under your belt it's easier to look past the bad of any one year, or even any five to ten years. Time and experience have a way of broadening perspective, and there will be opportunities to move into a better place emotionally as well as physically. There is no need to let the events of one year, one month, or even one week become baggage weighing down your actions in the future. It's not as simple as saying "my past is not today" because we're all built out of moments we've lived before, but with that comes the realization that we are constantly being given new chances to jump the track onto a better path forward. Think about the ways that 2020 can be the year you gain independence.

• Like 2

It was pretty good. I finished school and was hired to the company I've been working for a couple of years already. I was however too busy wasting my life and didn't have the time to watch season 9 episodes. If you know where I can watch them please let me know.

2019 was a pretty good year in my life. College is going well and I've made a couple of friends there. Got a new laptop and bought SSDs for said laptop and my PC. (It was begging for any kind of upgrade)

Hopefully this keeps up into 2020 and beyond.