TealMint_Moonrise

Equestria Girls FanFic in progress!

Hey everypony!

I've just begun writing a FanFic that is themed around Equestria Girls, that tells a personal story that I've been dying to tell people, but never really new how to say it. I plan to submit this to EQD by October 7th, just to make sure y'all get some extra smiles for Pinkie Appreciation Day. The title of my story will be: “Through the Pone zone: The Seventh Element”

here's a quick sneak peek, which will be included in the story. I hope you all enjoy, and always remember, "you don't need wings to fly above the rest"

Prologue

She had no other options. The only friends she’d had were in a place that she’d soon be traveling to. But their safety came at an unknown cost, and she wasn't willing to give up on them. Not yet, or ever.

It had been a successful week; finishing the collection, proudly decorating and observing what she called, “The Pone zone”. It didn’t come as a surprise to many of those she knew, that she enjoyed a “little” pony every once and awhile. It had now been a year since she had first begun her studies under the teachings of  her-majesties, Princess Celestia, and eventually Princess Twilight Sparkle.

It had proven hard, considering how many of her friends saw it as a hobby. But from the start, Caetlyn had known that this would be a second chance to finally prove to the others, especially the Mane Six, that she was as worthy a pony as any, to be the wielder of the nearly forgotten, but most important element of harmony, The Element of Purity.

• Like 1

Ooh, I like what I've read so far! Very nice, indeed! :squee: I hope to see more of it in the future! ^_^

Good luck with the rest of your fanfic! :D

As a side note, I recommend posting all things fanfiction in the Crystal Empire Library sub-forum. I think it's best to put it with all the other fanfic-related content.

• Like 1

Finally! :facedesk:*Exhausted/excited-ly slams hoof on table*:mlp_facehoof:

I've finally found a patch of my time were I was self motivated and inspired to once again begin working on my FanFic. A lot of my ideas have changed since then, but I still enjoy and value my original ideas around this idea, so I've spent hours reflecting on the best way to work with the current progress rather than totally re-write the story.

I used Much of the time not spent on this story, to do a bit of character development in myself rather, and I am trying my best to represent the best side of this fandom, and I often, in a usually unsuccessful attempt, fantasize about how I should go about designing the real pony I aspire to be. I think deeply while listening to "the pony I want to be".

I know through learning from our favorite pastel ponies, that finding a special talent is not a one-try-success, and it can take you by surprise when you do discover it. I am referring to the final part of designing an original character, the essential piece of anypony's representation,......

The Cutie Mark! I have many ideas but I can't exactly place my mind on which one to choose, and I have a feeling that there will be a moment, almost an epiphany, where I will discover "the magic inside", and that will be when I realize the perfect Cutie Mark that will represent me in no better way possible.

If anypony has any suggestions on how they've progressed from there beginnings, that would be very helpful!

Nvm anything I've said before. I've entirely changed my focus, seeing how similar my previous story was to the majority of bad cliches I could think of. Still keeping the date set to Spooktober 7 tho, and I've also added in a whole bunch of new OCs. I finally realize how hard making OCs is, and that's just the original name half of it. The one thing I can confirm, is that it's the same core theme, but entirely different character cast, setting, dialogue and plot. I can also say that it will be worth the wait, and a total surprise, even to me probably. Other than that, I just thank other fic writers for a bit of inspiration. thx! :yay:

Update 3:

I've made my final decision. I'm either going to work entirely on completing and perfecting this fanfic, or writing shorter stories, each with different themes based on different FiM characters.

I plan to read some fanfics before I get started just so that I know how to write a good story. I aim to finish by October 7, but if not, I see a window of opportunity between Applejack, and discord day October 20 - November 9

:eyebrow::confused: