VG_Addict

Things in media that scared you as a kid.

Tell us about things in media that you were afraid of when you were younger, no matter how silly it seems now. It can be anything, like shows, commercials, video games, etc.

I remember I used to be afraid of Olmec from Legends of the Hidden Temple.

• Like 3

I used to be afraid of the Klasky-Csupo robot logo when I was younger.

It was mostly the face and the weird robot voice.

• Like 2

There was as a scene in Robocop II that showed the bad guy's whole nervous system and his eyes in a glass tube. That image scared me, for some reason.

Another thing I remember scared me was Alien. The original movie. Not so much the creature, but the sound design, the scenario and the oppressive atmosphere.

And Maleficent. She creeped the hell out of me.

• Like 1

I remember when Kluger the mailman scared me, when I first saw a preview of "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town." 

• Like 1

The one stupid fear I still can't quite figure out: until I was like 12, I was terrified of the original Ghostbusters game for the Xbox 360. All of it stemmed back to when I tried to play it when I was 8, and ended up getting nightmares for a week. Which made no sense because at 8, I sucked too much to actually reach an intense part.

That and A Bug's Life. That movie still gives me the creeps.

• Like 1

well for me it was a list of things

1:the ghost train from Thomas

2: the dead tug on Theodore tugboat

3: buggy the clown one piece

4: Panic Yugioh

5: the baby ghost from luigi's mansion

• Like 1

One thing that scared me as a kid was learning the sun would eventually explode, my child mind was scared by the thought.

Now I don't really care, I'll be dead anyway

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Badshot said:

One thing that scared me as a kid was learning the sun would eventually explode, my child mind was scared by the thought.

Now I don't really care, I'll be dead anyway

Technically, our sun won't explode, as it lacks the mass. In addition, the resulting white dwarf remaining after the red dwarf stage will be well below the Chandrasekhar Limit of 1.4 solar masses, and would exceed it's Schwarzschild radius, so no black holes or neutron stars or pulsars either.

• Like 1

The first Muppets Show revival had a skit with a "Mystery Date" game show. There was a question, and then a cut to the eligible bachelorette (a monster) having eaten all of the players, swallowing a last straggling arm as she announced the crime.

Somehow that stuck with me and gave me a couple of nightmares. Once, I dreamed that she ate my dog and was coming for me.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2017 at 0:15 AM, Shadow Dash said:

The one stupid fear I still can't quite figure out: until I was like 12, I was terrified of the original Ghostbusters game for the Xbox 360. All of it stemmed back to when I tried to play it when I was 8, and ended up getting nightmares for a week. Which made no sense because at 8, I sucked too much to actually reach an intense part.

That and A Bug's Life. That movie still gives me the creeps.

That actually makes sense. I remember getting nightmares from movies I haven't even watched, just from looking at the cover and backs of the DVD's at the store when I as a kid lol. 

• Like 2

I remembered the THX sound and scene freaks me out whenever before a movie starts. 

The "AOL man" from the early days of the internet always scared me for some reason like he was going to come out of my computer! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Starlight said:

I remembered the THX sound and scene freaks me out whenever before a movie starts. 

Same here. The THX logo used to freak me out too. 

And also the "Hairbrush Song" from Veggietales used to scare me and make me cry for some reason. (Because I had a Larry the Cucumber toy when I was a baby that sang that song.) 

• Like 2

There's an old movie called Lost Continent where a badguy fed someone to an icky creature under the floorboards. That scared the crap outta me when I was little, and it still does. 

Just remembered one.

I can't remember the episode title or even what it was about... but...

There was an episode of 2 Stupid Dogs that legitimately gave me nightmares when I was a kid.

I can't even remember it now.

I think it had something to do with cheese? It was a REALLY LONG TIME ago so I can't remember.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2017 at 5:43 PM, LostSanity said:

Just remembered one.

I can't remember the episode title or even what it was about... but...

There was an episode of 2 Stupid Dogs that legitimately gave me nightmares when I was a kid.

I can't even remember it now.

I think it had something to do with cheese? It was a REALLY LONG TIME ago so I can't remember.

Was it.... this?

• Like 1

@ABronyAccount

I don't think that was it sorry. I wish I could remember but I just don't. Like I said it was a REALLY long time ago.

I'd probably have to rewatch the series to find it and that's not really something I'm interested in doing.

:why:

EDIT: Okay so I looked through it's Wikipedia page and skimmed through episode descriptions and found a potential suspect.

Episode 6b "Red"

Here's the description:

The two dogs meet Red, a parody of Little Red Riding Hood, who is going off to her ill grandmother's house to give her some cheesecake. The dogs lead her to the Three Bears's house, where they go through the series of events Goldilocks encounters.

I'm not going to try to find this episode to see if it was it or not.

Why?

Reasons.

:twitwitch:

• Like 1