WaterPulse

Season 7 Episode 10 - Royal Problems

1 minute ago, Metemponychosis said:

But they didn't actually show anything or even that Celestia would be, necessarily very good at it. Part of my complaint is that I saw that Luna is good at her job, so it's fine that she isn't good at social stuff. But I've never seem Celestia doing her job well, I don't have a reason to believe that she does, while she's bad at Luna's job. They did Luna right, but Celestia has missing information. I'm supposed to imagine that she's good at it, and the point of an episode is to show these characters doing things and changing because of them.

Seconded here. Like they say, "Show don't tell". Unfortunately, they haven't done much showing since Season 3 onward, assuming I'm not missing anything.

As for the subconscious thing, unfortunately, I watched a solid upload on YouTube and they don't mention anything about it, direct or otherwise.

2 hours ago, WaterPulse said:

"Blessing crops"? Honestly this sounds more Spice And Wolf than MLP:FiM. Nonetheless, I do admit that Celestia's day job was anticlimactic compared to  what Luna has to deal with. Granted, there's no way Hasbro will give Celestia a role super complex, but it's not like it's impossible to have her do something important. I wrote an fanfic in my head - and yes, I was desperate enough to rip off an episode concept as soon it was announced - where Luna was in Celestia's role and had to talk with Ember and not make an ass of herself in the process. Have her do that or settle some argument with the Yaks or Changelings or even go to the magic school and teach unicorns some, well, magic. It would present Celestia has actually being relevant in something and still go for the schadenfreude route. Instead, they played it safe in a moment they should not have had and the whole conflict as is comes across more like a Zephyr Breeze/Vinyl Scratch episode than a Celestia/Luna episode.

I was getting stuff off the top of my head. Seemed like something related to the sun and something actually more important than being the government...

Since you mentioned fanfiction, Daybreaker pissed me off because I love that idea that Celestia is very powerful, but she can't show it all the time because if she did, she'd lose control over her inner monster. That story both Luna and Celestia would be so powerful that they'd risk ruining Equestria (their job is to assist, not control) because they'd get "drunk on power". I just called her Sol Invictus (at the time I didn't know there was a Roman deity with that name, but it certainly fit anyway) and she was a whole lot more terrifying than Daybreaker. I gave her a whole story about how much Celestia actually hurt herself by repressing a part of her. Eventually, one character convinced Celestia that she needed to stop with it and stop running from herself, finally facing and defeating Sol Invictus.

Now I don't expect the cartoon to do this, obviously, but I still gravitated towards the idea of Daybreaker (even though I always feared the cartoon wouldn't "do it right". But unless I'm terribly mistaken and somewhat of an idiot, Daybraker wasn't Celestia's inner demon like everyone is saying: she was a construct of Starlight Glimmer's dream because she thought that she had screwed up with the sisters.

It was a huge waste of an idea, in my eyes.

2 minutes ago, WaterPulse said:

Seconded here. Like they say, "Show don't tell". Unfortunately, they haven't done much showing since Season 3 onward, assuming I'm not missing anything.

As for the subconscious thing, unfortunately, I watched a solid upload on YouTube and they don't mention anything about it, direct or otherwise.

Its difficult to defend Celestia's case, because they've done a poor job at displaying her skill as a bureaucrat. Not that handling of the day to day ruling of Equestria couldn't be interesting, but they haven't SHOWN it to be interesting.

I'll allow the show's depiction of her duties making her tired. ANYTHING can make you tired if you do it all day. I make gaming videos on youtube, and after an hour or of talking to yourself while staring at a screen, you start to get weary of it mentally. Tia spends her whole day listening to the complaints and shmoozing of other noble ponies, zipping from one appearance to the next. This could easily get exhausting day after day, especially when you have to maintain positive appearance 100% of the time doing it.

The DOWNSIDE is that we mostly have to just accept that this is what she does, instead of getting time to see how SHE handles it outside of little snippets. Further strengthening my arguement, I feel, that this would have been better as a two part premiere. It would have had a cool villain duo, AND set up that we'll be seeing more of side characters getting to do things.

8 minutes ago, WaterPulse said:

Shame.

Well, that is why they invented fanfiction, right? :awesomecheer:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Metemponychosis said:

I was getting stuff off the top of my head. Seemed like something related to the sun and something actually more important than being the government...

Yeah, I see where you're coming from. I'm looking on the internet about the sun in culture and seeing what could be incorporated into Celestia's character. I like the idea of a gardener/healer, and it fits traditions of the summer solstice (from Wikipedia):

Midsummer tradition is also especially strong in northern areas of the country, such as Galicia, Asturias and Cantabria where one can easily identify the rituals that reveal the pagan beliefs widespread throughout Europe in Neolithic times. These beliefs pivot on three basic ideas: the importance of medicinal plants, especially in relation to health, youth and beauty; the protective character of fire to ward men off evil spirits and witches and, finally, the purifying, miraculous effects of water. What follows is a summary of Galician traditions surrounding St. John's festival in relation to these three elements.

EDIT: Unfortunately, there's the possibility of overlapping the occupations of Zecora and the Apple family. Well, crud.

EDIT 2: You know what, screw it. If Starswirl can still have his rep intact after Starlight Glimmer has run circles around him, then Zecora and the Apples can still be masters at their craft if Celestia is a harvest/healing princess.

• Like 1

@WaterPulseSummer solstice is what I was going for, but I also delved a bit into amazonian native cultures (my country) and a few neolithic "mother" ideas from some fictions, being the sun a source of life and the moon of intelligence.

• Like 1

@Metemponychosis Neat! :D

One of the things that made me reconsider your harvest angle is that I had a copy of Jethro Tull's Songs From The Wood lying around on my computer and some of the songs reference the solstices and nature via ancient Celtic rituals. One of the songs, "Jack-In-The-Green", refers to a nature spirit that helps flowers grow when spring starts. I think one of the lines in that song - It's no fun being Jack-In-The-Green / No place to dance, no time for song - would have been perfect for a frustrated Celestia telling Luna that daylight isn't all fun and games. I like to think winter is a way for this version of Celestia to ensure that she is able to raise the flowers every spring.

• Like 1

Even though this episode made me stop watching the show, there is one thing the writers did very good.

1441266__safe_screencap_daybreaker_night

I remember so many Luna/Nightmare fans gloating and mocking. Her best princess is better and so on. Now they are watching at this...And some of their comments. Oh boy. That compensates for it.

It doesn't matter if dream or not. Daybreaker wiped the floor with NNM. And it happened on screen. Who is stronger now, you "lunatics"? :P

The feeling of satisfaction. It feels very...satisfying before I go. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PinkiePie97 said:

I thought this was the best one of the season so far. I liked Celestia and Luna in this episode, and I enjoyed Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon.

Indeed. Might finally knock out the 4th episode as #1 so far. :sunset:

No denying how epic Daybreaker is. Though, honestly Sunny's Daydream form is prettier in my opniion - and a good girl to boot. :approve:

• Like 1

*comes in thread*

*angry mob already forms*

Eh. :pinkieshrug:

The following viewer discretion warning is brought to you by the following theme. Why? Because somehow it just 'fits.'

*cracks knuckles*

:scaryluna:

So apparently...

The map has lost it's common sense now. Because even inanimate objects are losing common sense. HORRID NOT REDEEMED character sent on a friendship mission to Canterlot.

Guess there's only one thing left to do. *grabs table destroying tools* :newspaper:

All this aside...

At long last... we get our long awaited Celestia and Luna episode.

To be honest... it was everything I was hoping it would be.

Twilight freaking out is always cute. :mlp_DERPE:

However... IF YOU WERE THAT WORRIED THEN IGNORE THE DAMN MAP AND GO HELP. CLEARLY YOU SHOULD HAVE INSTEAD OF HORRID NOT REDEEMED CHARACTER. :mlp_facehoof:

The Celestia and Luna relationship not only expanded... but was shown. To be honest... this episode felt like a combination of two of the IDW comics. The Luna Micro Series comic and the final Friends Forever comic. Both of which I LOVED TREMENDOUSLY. Same with this episode.

As much as I wanted to RAIN ON HORRID NOT REDEEMED character for what she did... unfortunately it looks like it was  good call. DON'T DO IT AGAIN THOUGH. OR YOU NEED TO BE BANISHED FOR SURE. :newspaper:

The Luna and Celestia handling the others' tasks were pretty enjoyable as well. Luna can't smile and Celestia talking to herself. :mlp_DERPE:

Not surprising... the Nightmare Celestia was just in dream form as Starlight's worry of what would happen if Luna and Celestia couldn't get along and for her making the wrong call.

Nightmare Celestia huh? I see.

ALL OF MY YES. :happybonbon:

I think I have another soapbox thing I can make. Because Equestria Daily is biased against me so it won't go up as always. :derp:

For now though... FINALLY CELESTIA DOES SOMETHING FOR ONCE AND ISN'T SEEMINGLY WEAK.

Celestia encouragement by Luna resolves the day. That was basically the episode as Twilight comes in at the end still freaking out. :ohyou:

So here's a summary:

The only reason I liked this episode was because of it being the long awaited Celestia/Luna episode and it being a pretty decent episode. That's pretty much the ONLY reason. HORRID NOT REDEEMED character was easily ignorable due to this.

So yeah I liked this episode.

I still want Nightmare Celestia as a villain for one of the seasons. Maybe it'll be this season? Though I doubt it. :fluttersmith:

Now... about my 'status...'

Current Status:

Stay: 80%
Leave: 20%

No change due to it being the long awaited Celestia/Luna episode, and it being a good episode. It would have went up if HORRID NOT REDEEMED character wasn't in it. It canceled out. That's why there's no change.

• Like 1

We finally get an episode finally putting the alicorn sisters in the center. Sort of. They’re sharing the stage with Starlight. *snarls* REALLY?! Why was she needed in here? This really didn’t need to be a map episode because Celestia and Luna aren’t one-shot characters, which was the reason certain ponies had to go to certain locations to solve some friendship problem. I guess Celestia and Luna have been so underused that they may as well be minor characters, but they’ve been around since Day 1. I don’t know what this character lineup will mean to a casual or first-time viewer, but this episode didn’t need Starlight because the stuff about her took focus away from the sisters.

As for my thoughts on the actual episode, I’ve got too much to say, and my full thoughts are so chaotic that I doubt they’ll make sense to anyone else. I even had to use at least 3 word documents because my prior attempts to organize them kept failing, but it’s taking now too long just to put all those together. So I’ll just talk about the biggest aspects of the episode: Starlight and the alicorn sisters.

I’ll just get the stuff about Starlight out of the way first. I really hate that she could just casually switch the sisters’ cutie marks. And this isn’t me wanting the alicorns to be some goddess. I like to think that they are stronger than the average pony because why make them alicorns at all if they aren’t? Even though Starlight is a power user of magic herself, just changing the cutie marks like that makes the sisters seem so weak especially when neither Celestia nor Luna seem to be able to reverse this. Starlight did remove Twilight’s cutie mark in the premiere of season 5, but I just went with the idea that Twilight was an artificial alicorn. Then again, Celestia doesn’t have many instances of doing something impressive. This really comes down to my problem of the alicorns being unexplored as a species. Also, THE SISTERS DIDN’T NEED TO SWITCH CUTIE MARKS JUST TO TRY EACH OTHER’S JOBS. COULDN'T THEY JUST WILLINGLY SWITCH POSITIONS FOR A DAY? The point of this “mishap” was that Starlight acknowledged that she was reckless with her use of magic, but there was no actual consequence of such a seemingly questionable act because she was praised for doing it. Starlight did notice her mistake toward the end, but Celestia still directly commended her for that accident. So whether Starlight walked away learning about her impulsiveness or overreliance on magic remains a mystery, or at least wasn’t made clear. Ultimately though, Starlight’s story was fine on paper, but it could’ve been saved for another episode because she really wasn’t needed in here. Someone might say that the unicorn was needed to guide Luna and Celestia through their new tasks, but shouldn’t there already be a pony for that? Showing that other pony instead could at least let us see more of the royal palace.

As for Celestia and Luna, there were too many things for me to nitpick about, but I’ll skip (some of) those for obvious reasons. If I had to describe their overall actions and portrayal in one word: underpowered.

The conflict of the episode is caused by the sisters not appreciating the work that the other does. Wasn’t that the reason Luna became Nightmare Moon? According to the premiere, Luna felt that other ponies disliked the night. I’d like to note that this was never actually dramatized somehow, so she could’ve been a brat and overreacted for all we know, but I digress.

The episode implied that they’ve been having these negative feelings for some while, so why have they not confronted each other about this? I can accept that too much working can stress out ponies like them, but there’s too little to this setup. This becomes even more curious when taking the Nightmare Moon stuff into account. Oh yeah, Starlight says the princesses aren’t good at communicating with each other. Isn’t that telling instead of showing?

One might argue that close siblings (assuming Celestia and Luna are close) might still hide things from the other. Fair enough. So I ask again: Why have neither tried to say anything? Or if one of them did, what happened? Either of those could’ve revealed something about their relationship or perspective of each other. The show has tried to give some of the latter, but it only says their feelings instead of showing it. For example, Celestia said that she has missed Luna in “Princess Twilight Sparkle” and needed Luna this episode. So Luna means a lot to Celestia, but why exactly outside of being a sister? Luna has said in “For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils” that she felt overshadowed by her sister, but we don’t see other ponies explicitly preferring Celestia over Luna or something similar. So that line from Luna comes off as empty, or bratty and attention-whoring if she is randomly oblivious to the (off-screen) attention she gets. This all just points to the relationship between Celestia and Luna being nonexistent because of the show giving so few scenes that are just about the two while also emphasizing how underpowered and arbitrary their resentments are toward each other.

OK, so the setup doesn’t make sense, but what about the stuff Celestia and Luna switching tasks? I find myself struggling to come up with coherent thoughts about this stuff, so I’ll just have to put down what plays out and my thoughts on anything that might interest me. Apologies in advance for the messiness.

Luna starts by telling the staff that she’ll be doing Celestia’s tasks for the day. From the confused looks of those workers, they could be reasonably confused about this sudden change. Then again, Luna had to assure them of her ability and the staff left with chatter that doesn’t sound positive, so maybe they’ve hardly interacted with her. And she apparently doesn’t have “royal duties” as Celestia will later find out.

Luna goes around Canterlot with a huge grin on her face that she has difficulty keeping. I’m sure she doesn’t need to go that wide since Celestia goes around with a simple smile, but apparently Luna hasn’t noticed. She also waved to the Canterlot citizens, opened some store, and gave ribbons to the contestants of a contest. Nothing to say here other than Starlight’s list being followed.

Then Luna has photo-op for a school fundraiser, but she was so tired from smiling that she frowned right when the photographer took the shot. I’m sure she would’ve been allowed a short break if she was tired. I’m also sure that photos can immediately be seen after being shot, and retakes are possible if the picture is dissatisfactory. But we need Luna to see the difficulty of Celestia’s job, so whatever. She becomes unhappy after seeing the resulting picture and learning that the fundraiser didn’t make enough money. Hm, I feel like this could be somewhat related to her “trait” of holding onto a mistake like in “Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?”, but I doubt anyone in her position including Celestia would’ve been thrilled about this fiasco. At the very least, Luna’s reaction made more sense here than in the season 5 episode as we see how the result affects the ponies including Luna. She’s focused on this mistake when she has other immediate concerns and mopes about it. Starlight tells Luna that Celestia would have “put on a brave face” in this kind of situation. Looks like I’ll have to take Starlight’s word for it. Luna then deals some other representatives from nearby towns about rumors of timberwolves by shouting the info, so she wanted to do this as quickly as possible. Though for some reason the representatives immediately believe the opposite, but that’s not too important. Luna muses that her solitary job gives plenty of room for solving problems that might come up with Starlight responding that Celestia wouldn’t be able to do that during a normal day. Seems I’ll have to take their words for it again. As Luna approaches the room for her next task, she shows discomfort and uncertainty. Not bad. And Luna is so tired after all the work that she knocks out for the day.

I did find some things I liked about this segment like Luna’s struggle and how she deals with it, but there was a recurring problem. The episode had the characters saying how other problems are handled instead of actually showing it, and this is easily obvious when we aren’t shown how Celestia approaches these specific tasks and mistakes that come up. That would’ve added to Celestia’s minimal characterization as well as better comparing and contrasting the sisters. For example, I’m guessing the three hours to settle a dispute was meant to convey that Luna took too long, but the episode doesn’t tell how long Celestia would take for a similar scenario.

Anyways, Celestia arrives and is smugly amused that Luna struggled. I guess that’s a start. Celestia then raises the moon and remarks that it’s easier than raising the sun. Didn’t she raise the moon herself for 1000 years? She shouldn’t be that surprised unless she forgot, but whatever. According to her, Luna only needs to “watch over Equestria, visit the dream realm, and protect ponies in their nightmares.” So Luna is confirmed to have no royal duties, then. I’m guessing the only new task Celestia took on after sending her sister away was to raise and lower the moon, so her overall job didn’t change that much. If that was the only new task after the NM event, does that mean Luna was unneeded since Equestria lasted 1000 years without her? Also, how were the nightmares of ponies dealt with before Luna’s return? And where are Luna’s bat-ponies from “Luna Eclipsed”?

Celestia musing over the shorter list must mean that she thinks watching over Equestria and protecting ponies are easy tasks. The 2-parters of this show say otherwise. She also talks to herself because no one else is with her, and she (allegedly) tends to do a lot of talking while working. Again, I would’ve liked to see how she interacts with other ponies while working and how she feels about it. She might have enjoyed the interactions and was thrown off by this sudden change. Or she could’ve been tired of all the talking and was eager for some solitude only to find disappointment.

The alicorn looks through the various dreams and still believes her task to still be easy. OK, I’ve got another complaint. The sisters not knowing everything about each other is one thing, but they seem to know barely anything about each other, or at least each other’s jobs since their beliefs were both oversimplified. I guess they never or barely talked to each other about anything? I thought they’d try since they were separated for 1000 years and would want their relationship repaired. And Luna has been awake during the day multiple times, and it’s not just for “royal duties”. She was intentionally awake to help Sweetie Belle during a season 4 episode, for example. Also, Luna hardly seemed tired during the daytime in her respective episodes, so I don’t know why she recently and suddenly had to deal with a bunch of difficult nightmares. I don’t know, whatever.

Starlight’s nightmare happens and believes her action drove the sisters further apart. Unless it was meant to be just a mere thought, that didn’t seem to happen. Starlight also had to remind Celestia that the sisters need each other. *sigh* Are those alicorns really that dim? The unicorn points out the problem of the sisters not getting along with their evil counterparts being the result. Granted, this is Starlight’s dream, so this is what she thinks will happen. But it still doesn’t reflect well on the sisters being unable to do this themselves.

Nightmare Moon shows up in Starlight’s dream, and Celestia says she can handle this evil pony. The premiere and “The Cutie Re-Mark” would like a word with you.  Daybreaker, Princess Celestia’s evil side, then shows up. Being Starlight’s dream, was this her creation? There’s no indication that Celestia influenced this dream. I’m guessing the creative staff wanted to tell a side story about another part of Celestia, so I’ll be generous and go with this route even though it doesn’t make much sense in-universe.

Daybreaker claims that Celestia has been holding back and doesn’t need Luna. That “holding back” part seems to be an attempt to remedy Celestia’s losing streak, but I’d still like to point out “The Cutie Re-Mark” saying the opposite while “Twilight’s Kingdom” made the alicorn look stupid and cowardly. Celestia retorts that she does need Luna. Again, telling instead of showing.

Then a fight between Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon happens, and this is actually a decent fight. Daybreaker’s attacks have some creativity such as tackling NM in a fireball, breathing fire, creating a nova, and creating a fiery spiral. The sun isn’t made of fire, though, but whatever again.

Luna gets a nightmare about the failed fundraiser, and this manages to work as the episode already showed how she felt about this. Helping this case is that it’s a problem with some kind of consequence. It’s a small problem with a small consequence, but that’s fine enough for the episode. She is rescued by Celestia and notices the evil alicorns in Starlight’s dream. It looks like Luna has nothing to say about Daybreaker. And Celestia comments that Starlight is afraid that a fight like that will happen if the alicorns don’t fix their problem with each other. I still don’t know why they didn’t try approaching each other beforehand nor do I know how exactly they acted and felt before the problem came to a “boil”.

Celestia believes that she can’t handle this nightmare and wants Luna’s help, but we didn’t see Celestia actually trying and struggling to deal with the trouble. Luna points out that Celestia’s powers are useless in a dream. Luna is still in the dream, so she doesn’t need to be inactive. “Do Princesses Dream of Magic Sheep?” already showed ponies with no dream powers still being able to take action. Celestia breaks down and cries for a moment, and I even take issue with this as this makes Celestia seem weak and helpless. Yes, even “strong” people can feel helpless at times, but not seeing Celestia previously try to deal with the nightmare would’ve given the scene some weight. And there’s also her previous appearances I have to consider.

Luna also smiled when she thought she was praised for being brave and strong. Maybe she was actually looking for an ego boost. Also, Luna doesn’t seem to have much difficulty dealing with nightmares if the CMC are used as examples, so the episode still manages to make Celestia look bad somehow. At least Celestia finished off the evil ponies, but it was too quick. Then again, it was a dream, so I’ll go with it.

After the dream was finished, Luna gives Celestia some pancakes, and we get some genuine interaction between them. Turns out Luna is horrible at making them, and Celestia tries to hide her disdain. But Luna knows otherwise and encourages her sister to speak the truth, which Celestia becomes direct about with Luna agreeing. Celestia gives explicit gratitude, and the sisters embrace. Hey, that wasn’t bad. I would’ve liked more of this kind of interaction in the episode or even the show in general, and they don’t have to be friendly ones. Just an interaction under a different circumstance or different setting. Luna then suddenly informs Celestia of some unresolved problems and rushes to bed. I’m not too sure I like that Luna doesn’t seem to think much of the problems when she just had a nightmare about one of them, but on the other hand I do like this display of immaturity.

This has gotten a bit long. So how do Celestia and Luna’s actions seem underpowered? What’s noticeably missing is the lack of a relationship that the episode tries to build upon. Why are they suddenly having this fight? Saying that one doesn’t seem to care much about what the other does and both are too tired is oversimplifying things as they made no apparent effort to fix anything, and some outsider had to be called to guide them. Celestia made pancakes that her sister dismissed. Since Luna was unhappy about Celestia not noticing the flower arrangements, maybe the pancakes are something of a thanks? Did Celestia really think nothing of the flowers? Luna probably doesn’t think that pancakes are enough due to her long hours, which can make her look bratty. Her struggle with the day assignments don’t mean as much without direct comparison, which was one thing the episode aimed for. And this can be applied to Celestia handling Starlight’s dream. We haven’t seen Celestia try before calling for Luna, so I’d just have to guess that Celestia immediately gave up. Luna was only shown to struggle with her own personal nightmare, though I’ll add that it wasn’t done well. And the sisters assert that they’ve become closer by the end of the episode. Really? We have no idea how exactly they felt about each other before this, so how much does being closer matter? They didn’t seem that close at all, which again only makes me ask why. Overall, not much about their relationship was given. And the same conflict and ending could’ve been kept without Starlight so more focus could’ve been devoted to the sisters.

At least it was a genuine effort. I can’t say this episode was good, but it wasn’t bad either.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LostSanity said:

*comes in thread*

*angry mob already forms*

Eh. :pinkieshrug:

The following viewer discretion warning is brought to you by the following theme. Why? Because somehow it just 'fits.'

*cracks knuckles*

:scaryluna:

Hide contents

So apparently...

The map has lost it's common sense now. Because even inanimate objects are losing common sense. HORRID NOT REDEEMED character sent on a friendship mission to Canterlot.

Guess there's only one thing left to do. *grabs table destroying tools* :newspaper:

All this aside...

At long last... we get our long awaited Celestia and Luna episode.

To be honest... it was everything I was hoping it would be.

Twilight freaking out is always cute. :mlp_DERPE:

However... IF YOU WERE THAT WORRIED THEN IGNORE THE DAMN MAP AND GO HELP. CLEARLY YOU SHOULD HAVE INSTEAD OF HORRID NOT REDEEMED CHARACTER. :mlp_facehoof:

The Celestia and Luna relationship not only expanded... but was shown. To be honest... this episode felt like a combination of two of the IDW comics. The Luna Micro Series comic and the final Friends Forever comic. Both of which I LOVED TREMENDOUSLY. Same with this episode.

As much as I wanted to RAIN ON HORRID NOT REDEEMED character for what she did... unfortunately it looks like it was  good call. DON'T DO IT AGAIN THOUGH. OR YOU NEED TO BE BANISHED FOR SURE. :newspaper:

The Luna and Celestia handling the others' tasks were pretty enjoyable as well. Luna can't smile and Celestia talking to herself. :mlp_DERPE:

Not surprising... the Nightmare Celestia was just in dream form as Starlight's worry of what would happen if Luna and Celestia couldn't get along and for her making the wrong call.

Nightmare Celestia huh? I see.

ALL OF MY YES. :happybonbon:

I think I have another soapbox thing I can make. Because Equestria Daily is biased against me so it won't go up as always. :derp:

For now though... FINALLY CELESTIA DOES SOMETHING FOR ONCE AND ISN'T SEEMINGLY WEAK.

Celestia encouragement by Luna resolves the day. That was basically the episode as Twilight comes in at the end still freaking out. :ohyou:

So here's a summary:

The only reason I liked this episode was because of it being the long awaited Celestia/Luna episode and it being a pretty decent episode. That's pretty much the ONLY reason. HORRID NOT REDEEMED character was easily ignorable due to this.

So yeah I liked this episode.

I still want Nightmare Celestia as a villain for one of the seasons. Maybe it'll be this season? Though I doubt it. :fluttersmith:

Now... about my 'status...'

Current Status:

Stay: 80%
Leave: 20%

No change due to it being the long awaited Celestia/Luna episode, and it being a good episode. It would have went up if HORRID NOT REDEEMED character wasn't in it. It canceled out. That's why there's no change.

Your rants are always my most looked forward to part of these episode discussions :awesomedash:

22 minutes ago, Thaliel said:

still irritated that they are prtending as if the comic in which luna takes over for a whole day never happened

The comics aren't canon to the show.

• Like 1