Sign in to follow this  
Ixrec

Hello everypony, I just binged everything

Way back when the COVID-19 lockdown started, I decided to finally catch up on some of the Western animated shows I had been hearing great things about for years but never got around to trying myself, like Avatar: The Last Airbender and Steven Universe and most recently, of course, MLP:FiM. In the last month I've watched all of FiM including the movie/specials/shorts, then read most of the IDW comics, then watched all of the EqD movies/specials/shorts, and somehow I haven't had enough pony yet, so here I am. I've had basically zero contact with any generation of MLP before that, so I consider myself very lucky to have (completely unintentionally) tried this so soon after the last season aired so that I could simply binge all of it at once, though that probably also gave me some unusual opinions (e.g. I loved Fame and Misfortune, I don't hate Pony Life, etc).

Rainbow Dash is the pony I like and enjoy watching the most for the obvious general awesomeness reasons, but Twilight Sparkle is easily the one I empathise with the most (yes, I was the overarchieving bookworm student, I still make too many todo lists, and I've had the occasional Twilynanas freakout), so you could call either of them my "favourite". Honorable mention to Maud Pie as the side character I find most consistently hilarious, and also empathise with in other ways (there's a reason my online friends joke about me being a robot).

Right now I'm doing a partial rewatch of FiM (i.e. whatever episodes strike me as "I'd like to see that again") and dipping my toes into fan content and forums.

• Like 1

There's also a lot of terrific fanfic out there, both in print and on YouTube. Some YouTubers worth looking up:

Scribbler Productions

Skijamaraz - Tone Shift

StraightToThePointStudio

Sparrow 9642

Agent0Fluffy

DRWolf001

Lightning Bliss

Lotus Moon

Magpiepony

ForgaLorga

AgrolChannel

Enjoy!

• Like 1

I would suggest my fanfic Sunset Stuck In Equestria Part 1 (I’m going probably going to write Part 2 very soon):sweetieyes:

• Like 1

I spend just about every second I find looking for more pone, since I've seen all the movies (3 times each) and I'm on my third rewatch of all 9 seasons.  I watch almost any EQG shorts and new episodes I can find. I occasionally binge all 15k+ of Scribblers (I've only gotten to 120), and others' comic dubs. I've only read the first of the FiM comics. I also scroll and search endlessly through youtube to find any early g1 - g3 pony, and I've found a collection of episode clips, and episode reactions. I'm Also constantly checking EQD for more updates on Pony Life. The one "series" that I've left incomplete, is the "everything wrong with" FiM edition, by LittleShyFiM. I make sure to stay up to date on any theory videos, especially by Sawtooth Waves. When I'm not watching any pony, I'm listening to fanfiction readings, and attempting to finish the complete FoE series. I finished FoE: , so I'm trying to catch up on FoE: Project Horizons, FoE: Pink eyes,  FoE: Dead Tree, and possibly FoE: SAT or any other FoE side stories. If I'm not listening to the adventures of somepony, I'm searching for music to add to my collection of fan music to listen to. I found an app called brony tunes that has just about every "artist", all their albums, and the majority of their songs. When I'm not rocking out with everypony, I'm learning and practicing sketching/drawing ponies. aaaaand finally, when I'm not doing any of that, I'm planning my next trips to Walgreens, Target, (possibly gamestop? for POP figures?) and Fry's for any pone merch, including mini figures, (I found a ball, printed with the mane six minus Rarity and AJ) and, if you're lucky, I found two MLP FiM books ( one was a magic water brush book about the episode, "Fake It 'Til You Make It", and the other was a music book about the movie) in the last two weeks. (I didn't buy the music book, because in the MLP FiM: The Movie reaction, done by Bronies React, Viva Reverie, one of the bronies, pulled out the exact music book, used it for a joke, and was completely disgusted at how TRASH the audio was, because the sound was distorted and it didn't match the images. )

*inhales*

In conclusion, it is impossible for me to ever have enough pony.

But that's what EQD is for! thanks everypony!!!!!!!!, for bringing me more pony!!!!!!

• Like 1