SD13

Shadow Dash Q&A

I'm bored, and this seems like a good way to get to know other ponies (no Shadow, it's a way for them to get to know you. You don't get to ask questions)

Just ignore that voice. It is of no meaning. (Yep. That's why you're typing everything I say)

Anyway, feel free to ask any question you like. I'll do my best to answer as honestly as I can. (Yes, Shadow, that's how a Q&A works. We all knew that)

And just pretend that nagging voice isn't there. (You know they like me better than you)

Does Kierkegaard's Leap of Faith represent the ultimate admission that theodicy is the refutation of the Divine, or does it indicate that the surrender of reason is the only just path?

Okay, I had to do a little bit of research on that to understand that question, but in my uneducated opinion, it seems to indicate that surrender of reason is the only just path. Only by making an internal change can faith be reach. You must surrender your reason and believe in the unreasonable before faith, the just path, can be reached. He did his best to give a good explanation, but we know he's still researching this question.

There is no "educated opinion" about that, that blue voice is so wicked.

My question is : Would you like to have a talk with your parents about MLP ? Or you gave up for ever ?

13 hours ago, Bakaarion said:

My question is : Would you like to have a talk with your parents about MLP ? Or you gave up for ever ?

As much as I'd like to have a talk with my parents about MLP, I know it's a horrible idea. When they caught me watching it, the only response they had was taking away my phone and refusing to even mention it again. I'd love to have a chance to defend the show, but I'll never get it.

11 hours ago, Cipher_42 said:

What is the answer to the question of Life, the Universe, and Everything?

42. But I think you knew that. Pretty sure that was a rhetorical question, Shadow. Don't take things so literally.

5 hours ago, Cinder Vel said:

Waaaaaait wait. Didn't I fry you that one time? I remember the other guy was very happy about it.

I remember that. It was funny. You should do it again.

1 hour ago, Sylveon said:

Do you think ponies and pokemon can coexist?

Avatar is ponified Fennekin. Of course they can coexist!

And imagine how cute it would be to watch Fluttershy taking care of them.

My name is Paul. I am the nagging voice in Shadow's head, both in real life and on this forum.

I was created when he began to write his book. I was the enemy who wished to kill him.

But I have realized that torturing him by criticizing everything he does works much better.

So I have taken up residence in his head. It can get hard speaking over all of the other OCs in his head, not to mention Rainbow Dash, but I do my best.

And the greatest part: although he created me, he can't destroy me. It would ruin his book if he didn't know my personality.

He had no idea what he was doing.

6 minutes ago, Shadow Dash said:

As much as I'd like to have a talk with my parents about MLP, I know it's a horrible idea. When they caught me watching it, the only response they had was taking away my phone and refusing to even mention it again. I'd love to have a chance to defend the show, but I'll never get it.

What, as like a punishment? For watching a cartoon? That's messed up. Were you watching it *on* your phone? Were they thinking that if they cut off the 'symptoms' of their son not living up to an arbitary societal standard they could shove their fingers in their ears and go LALALALALA and you'd snap out of it and go try out for the football team? I couldn't think of anything to ask before but now I want to know what their issue is. You don't have to understand your kids' interests but if they aren't strangling neighborhood cats then just mind your own business ffs.

I will personally buy you a My Little Pony shirt if you agree to wear it around the house until they're forced to confront the issue. Then you can defend away.

• Like 1

Heres a toughie: If you could take one thing about the US education system and make it better, what would you do and why?

32 minutes ago, Friendship is Horses said:

What, as like a punishment? For watching a cartoon? That's messed up. Were you watching it *on* your phone? Were they thinking that if they cut off the 'symptoms' of their son not living up to an arbitary societal standard they could shove their fingers in their ears and go LALALALALA and you'd snap out of it and go try out for the football team? I couldn't think of anything to ask before but now I want to know what their issue is. You don't have to understand your kids' interests but if they aren't strangling neighborhood cats then just mind your own business ffs.

I will personally buy you a My Little Pony shirt if you agree to wear it around the house until they're forced to confront the issue. Then you can defend away.

See, I wish I could do that. But I know that if my parents saw me in that t-shirt, they would know that I must have gotten it online from someone. And to that, they would have one of two reactions. If they were in a good mood, they would tell the school district to ice my computer accounts; kick me out of robotics, drama, and youth group, and ground me to my room indefinitely. They would make the rest of my 3 years at home miserable and probably ruin my chances of getting into a great college for programming.

If they were in a bad mood, they'd cut out the middle man, put me in foster care, and refuse to ever see me again. They've threatened to do that before, and I have no doubt that they would actually do it if they knew I was on these forums. My only real option is to hide everything from them and wait until the freedom of my 18th birthday.

19 minutes ago, Sylveon said:

Heres a toughie: If you could take one thing about the US education system and make it better, what would you do and why?

That one is not necessarily a tough one. Rather than predetermined courses that you need to graduate, taken at certain times, I wish you could choose the classes you wanted to take, and take them when you wanted to take them. For example, I'm years ahead in my math classes, but for all of my elementary and most of my middle school career, the class rigor I was taking was way too easy for me. I wish I could have taken them sooner. Also, I'm taking classes I'll never actually use but need to graduate, like PE. I wish I could replace those with classes I actually want to take, like more Drama, or Beginning Guitar, or maybe even an art class.

Wow, I can't imagine parents ruining their son's life because of watching a TV Show.

They probably have a very rude opinion about MLP, like a sexually deviant symptom ? It's a common mind over here, even if it's rarely said.

Yeah, their general ideology is that all bronies do is clop, all furries do is yiff, and all anime watchers do is watch hentai.

It really irritates me, but I see it like this. If they're going to refuse to let me watch the show, I'm going to keep watching it in private. But they have my personal guarantee that the moment I leave for college is the last they will ever see of me again.

Then give up forever x)

Another question with no spoil (require answer with no spoil) : Do you like daybreaker ?

I'm not sure. What is daybreaker? Because, from my quick google research, it's an early morning dance party.

Which, granted, sounds awesome, but my insomnia makes it hard to wake up. A lot of the time I have to listen to Luna at full volume a few times to shock myself into awakeness.

I'm up to date on US releases. I have the Canadian ones downloaded for tonight.

I'll get back to your question in about 18 hours. I'd say tomorrow morning, but timezones...

I think he knew that, Shadow.

Oh, many a time. I once actually managed to trap the other OCs and face Shadow one on one. I would have destroyed him forever if I hadn't underestimated the power of one of the OCs. But although the OCs overpowered me, the only way for them to stop me from destroying him was trapping themselves with me for a week when he needed them most.

One day, though, I'll overpower him. I know how to do it. I just have to kill the OC he cares for most. It will crush him.

Ow, I finally found somepony who is not alone in his head too !

Anyway I added last week the episodes 7 to 11 in a temporary 480p resolution on the server, feel free to download it. It's all US version.

Yeah, I got them from there. Thanks for that. Would've been a boring 3 day weekend.

Yep. Because MLP is the only thing you need to do.

19 hours ago, Bakaarion said:

Another question with no spoil (require answer with no spoil) : Do you like daybreaker ?

OK, now that I'm caught up on the Canadian releases of Season 7, I can answer that question correctly. Knowing you, it'll be the wrong answer.

Daybreaker. Is. AWESOME!!!!! Seriously, that fight scene could've been a movie of it's own. I'd pay to watch that.

I'm just imagining what Equestria would look like under her rule. I thought Nightmare Moon was bad...