PinkiePie97

The Powerpuff Girls Fan Club

This thread is where we can talk anything about The Powerpuff Girls, the 3 little superheroes from Townsville.

mP6dV2e.jpg

I know this looks like a weird setup, but I can't get the video to center for some reason.

Rules: No hate, no spam, and no NSFW.

• Like 1

Oh my gosh! Where to start? Powerpuff Girls was my all-time FAVORITE show in Cartoon Network! Everything about it is great, from story, to character development, to action-packed scenes. I was about 8-9 years old when I started watching it, and it was basically my story of "becoming a Brony" before MLP. It was the first show targeted to young girls that I loved with a passion, and at an age and generation where most people's definition of masculinity was a bit more conservative. I was too afraid to admit my love for the show to even my best friends.

Every...single...Friday was a day to look forward to, and a day to think how my entire week of hard work in school pays off. Cartoon Cartoon Fridays, FTW! And when a new episode of Powerpuff Girls was upcoming...the hype train is on full steam! 

It's so cool that Lauren Faust was Animation Director of the PPG, and that her husband was the Creator of the series. It makes me wonder if the Powerpuff Girls was one of the reasons I became a Brony, for it's possible that Lauren Faust has influenced my taste in cartoons. I'm sure that I'm not the only Brony who feels this way. 

I thank Lauren Faust for giving us not one, not two, but THREE of the greatest cartoon series in history!

full.png

Animation Trifectaby WillDrawForFood1

My favorite episodes include Monkey See Doggy Doo, Bubblevicious, The Rowdyruff Boys, and many more!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

The only episode of Powerpuff Girls that I remember is the one where Bubbles's pigtail gets turned into a chicken leg. 

latest?cb=20090724210150

That wasn't actually from a regular episode. It was from Meat Fuzzy Lumkins, the first PPG segment on What A Cartoon!.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Did The Powerpuff Girls just teach me history during TV fun time?...

As many Youtube commenters say, the Powerpuff Girls taught them more about Napoleon in 30 seconds than did their World History teachers teach them in all of high school. 

• Like 1

It's been YEARS since I last watched the original PPG. 

The only episode I can remember is that one scene where Blossom was dressed up as Cartman from South Park.

And I remember reading somewhere that the Cutie Mark Crusaders were loosely based off of the Powerpuff Girls.

You can see the similarities:

Sweetie Belle is like Bubbles,

Apple Bloom is like Blossom 

and Scootaloo is like Buttercup.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ChB said:

@PinkiePie97 What's your favorite Powerpuff Girls episode?

xjAXV4KS.jpg

I'm not sure if I can name a single favorite, but no particular order, I'd say my top ones are Superfriends, The Powerpuff Girls' Best Rainy Day Adventure Ever, The Rowdyruff Boys, Bubblevicious, and Uh-Oh, Dynamo.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Toki Zensekai said:

I'm still disappointed that the Anime version of PPG was never dubbed into English after all these years.

It was dubbed into English but it never aired in the United States.

The English dub of PPGZ only aired in the Philippines from what I can gather.

2 hours ago, Havocbyte said:

It was dubbed into English but it never aired in the United States.

The English dub of PPGZ only aired in the Philippines from what I can gather.

Given that I lived in Laos for a few months and heard Philippian dubbing, this slightly worries me if it was any good or not.

6 hours ago, ABronyAccount said:

So is the rebooted series still airing or not? I remember DVRing like 26 episodes and then nothing for the last year or so, it seems.

Yeah, it's still airing, though CN doesn't seem to care much for it at this point. Right now, it's just airing Sundays at 5:30 P.M. without promotion.