Sign in to follow this  
Otaku-sempai

Is the 'Tails of Equestria' RPG getting cancelled?

From Forbes: Exclusive: Renegade Game Studios Extends Partnership With Hasbro

Today [September 30, 2020], Renegade Game Studios announced an extension to its partnership with Hasbro to produce games for the hobby market. In addition to more games featuring the Power Rangers brand, Renegade will produce card and roleplaying games for Transformers, My Little Pony and G.I. Joe brands. “Hasbro has brought so much joy to fans through these worlds filled with rich narratives and iconic characters. We are excited to expand our relationship with Hasbro to help bring these stories to hobby tabletops in a new way,“ explains Scott Gaeta, President and Publisher at Renegade Game Studios.

“We’re thrilled to expand our relationship with Renegade Game Studios to include more fan favorite brands from our portfolio,” said Casey Collins, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Global Consumer Products at Hasbro. “The tabletop and roleplaying games Renegade Game Studios innovated for the Power Rangers franchise have proved to authentically connect with both gamers and the Ranger Nation and we are confident that G.I. Joe, Transformers and My Little Pony fans will love the exciting games coming soon.”

Renegade looks to put out two major styles of games in their partnership. The first will be deckbuilding games, where players construct a deck from a common pool to win the game. “We wanted to do something that would appeal to gamers but also to someone who is a fan of the show,” said Gaeta, “and those are going to be deck building games. We really like deckbuilding games. They are a nice middle ground that doesn’t take up the bandwidth of a collectible card game but they scratch a similar gameplay itch. We have a series of deck building games in the works based on all the different brands.”

“We’re thrilled to expand our relationship with Renegade Game Studios to include more fan favorite brands from our portfolio,” said Casey Collins, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Global Consumer Products at Hasbro. “The tabletop and roleplaying games Renegade Game Studios innovated for the Power Rangers franchise have proved to authentically connect with both gamers and the Ranger Nation and we are confident that G.I. Joe, Transformers and My Little Pony fans will love the exciting games coming soon.”

Wow this is exciting news! I play Tails of Equestria all the time so I hope that all hope of new content doesn't get lost, but I look forward to seeing what Hasbro has!

• Like 1

Received in today's mail:

Festival of lights an adventure for Tails of Equestria by River Horse

"Step into Umberfoal, an ancient city beneath the Badlands in the southern reaches of Equestria. Umberfoal is sheltered from the world, but plagued by threats from deeper in the darkness – and it needs your help! Can you delve into deepest lakes and darkest cave to face the dangers within? Will you be able to help the ponies of Umberfoal hold their ancient and magical ritual, the Festival of Lights?"