Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skylight Point

Friendship is… POWER!

Once upon a time, there was a young filly. Her name was Cozy Glow. Cozy Glow had no friends, and no cutie mark. But, Cozy Glow was a very clever filly, the smartest of her whole orphanage. So one day when Ms. Dartmoor,  the head of the orphanage, announced that a new filly had been brought to the orphanage, Cozy Glow had a plan. Ms. Dartmoor was a grumpy unicorn. She always had her mane in a gray bun, and her frog green eyes always looked like they were squinting. “This is Aurelian Ocean” announced Ms. Dartmoor. “ I hope you all make her feel welcome”. But her tone did not sound welcoming. When Ms. Dartmoor left Cozy Glow introduced herself “Hello! My name’s Cozy Glow! Wanna be friends?” Aurelian Ocean stared at her for a few seconds, but then said “Okay!”. Cozy Glow was happy, but not for the same reason Aurelian Ocean was. Aurelian Ocean was happy because she made a new friend. Cozy Glow was happy because she made a new puppet. A few days passed, and Cozy Glow asked Aurelian Ocean if they could talk somewhere more private. “Alright” said Aurelian Ocean “but… why?”. Cozy Glow was a little flustered but forced a smile. When they were in a closet, Cozy Glow said her plan. “I have an idea! Wanna escape the orphanage?”. Aurelian Ocean looked a little tense. “I don’t know Cozy…” she murmured. “Oh, come on you need a little fun!” exclaimed Cozy Glow “We could see all of Equestria! Maybe we can even get our cutie marks in this…!”. Aurelian Ocean thought for a while. “ Okay, but… what if Ms. Dartmoor catches us, and how will we get out? I mean, you can fly out, but me… I’m just an Earth Pony!”. Cozy Glow grinned at her “I can fly us out!”. Aurelian Ocean stared at her. “Ms. Dartmoor is a Unicorn” she said “She could use her magic to grab us!”. Cozy Glow snickered. “Ms. Dartmoor barely even knows a simple levitation spell! She doesn’t know almost anything about magic!” She said. Aurelian Ocean looked a little more convinced. “Okay, so here’s the plan” whispered Cozy Glow.  “ You distract Ms.Dartmoor. You have to tire her down. When you are ready, give me the signal. I swoop in, grab your hoof, and I fly us away.” Aurelian Ocean nodded. “Understood” Cozy Glow grinned “Good, step one”. Aurelian Ocean nodded, and headed to Ms. Dartmoor. “M’aam” she said, “may I show you something?”. Ms. Dartmoor scowled at her, but said “very well”. Aurelian Ocean took Ms. Dartmoor outside. “Did you take me here to show me something or waste my time?!’ roared Ms. Dartmoor. “N-no Ms. Dartmoor. I took you here to show you… uh… that cloud over there!” Stuttered Aurelian Ocean. “You took me here… to see a cloud?!”  Said Ms. Dartmoor. “Yes M’am” replied Aurelian Ocean. “Why you little…” Exclaimed Ms. Dartmoor, as she chased Aurelian Ocean. “Now!” Called Aurelian Ocean. Cozy Glow swooped in. “Give me your hoof!” shouted Cozy Glow. When Aurelian Ocean held her hoof out, Cozy Glow slapped it away. “You really thought that I would want to be friends with you?” howled Cozy Glow “Golly? you really a a brainless little filly!”. Aurelian Ocean looked like she had been kicked in the stomach. “what…?” Said Aurelian Ocean. “so long Aurelian Ocean!” Said Cozy Glow, as she flew off “so long”, she could hear Aurelian Ocean’s cries in the distance “TRAITOR! TRAITOR!”. But she didn’t care.  Suddenly, she felt different. She looked down at her flank, and saw a Chess piece on it.  She had gotten her cutie mark. 

:derpydance: I love how Cozy completely unnecessarily stops to gloat, getting close Ms. Dartmoor, and potentially wrecking her own escape plan, but does it anyway. I mean, it sounds like she could've flew off literally whenever she wanted to. But messing with the first pony to ever trust her was just more fun. :slymac: 

Of course she's an orphan.