Sign in to follow this  
Lonely Fanboy48

Is there going to be a Magical Movie Night 2?

Now I watched all 3 specials (Even if there still not released in America) and I found them disappointing (Made a 4 part review on that). And I said i'm done with this only because it cloud of been a 5th movie because you can do more in 1 hour. But I finally realized that maybe Hasbro is running out of ideas for EG Movies. Now it's not that the MLP movie is coming out later this year, because of what I think they made 3 22 minute specials because they can't think on what to do in movies after LOE. Now I get people want to see a TV show from EG but the problem with that is there working on the MLP cartoon as well. They should have more time on MLP then EG since EG only gets one movie per year. I hope they will do that either later this year or in the beginning of 2018 because I found MMN the worst I seen in EG (I know it sounds weird for me saying that but I have different opinions on MMN)

What I want to see in MMN 2 (If it's going to happen) is:

Special 4: Starlight get to know more about the Human World because one of my problems with Mirror Magic is when the paring between Sunset and Starlight feels forced. Sure people were looking forward to that (myself included) but Princess Twilight not being in this for a 3rd time makes my patients worthless. Even at the end of Mirror Magic where she's okay with Starlight going through the portal without her knowing (which made me hate Mirror Magic more). If Starlight is going to be in EG again she should know more about the human world instead of being there for Paring scenes with Sunset.

Special 5: You already know what I want to see in EG and thats Human and Princess Twilight interacting with each other. Sure they did talk to each other in Sleepover Surprise but they still don't know each other. And the stuff that happened in LOE like Flash getting over Twilight is just forced too because Princess Twilight wasn't aware of what's going on that Sunset did. If Flash got tough love then maybe Princess Twilight should get tough love in order to settle this because ending it like that is just wrong. Also they should have Princess and Human Twilight to become friends so they won't have the problems like awkward stuff like not knowing each other. And finally is the story, what I want to see is what can Hasbro do with this parring. Even if its because of paradox reasons (I have my thoughts on that in my review of MMN) they should do something predicable since Princess Twilight is now missing everything of what happen.

Special 6: They finally see that the stature is leaking magic and to make matters worse the magic came straight to The Dazzlings and now they want there revenge. They now need to use there new powers to take down the Sirens again. And thats all I have for the Special 6, my point is that if there going to have characters return they should have The Dazzlings finally come back because we never see what happen to them after RR. And also for the ending of Special 6, Human Sunset and her family came to Canterlot High so Human Sunset can be in school but what she doesn't know is that she sees Pony Sunset and we have the same ending that FG did (Because there doing the same jokes from there old movies so they should do the same moments).

Thats all I have. Whats your opinion if EG is going to have another MMN?

On 1.6.2017 at 4:44 AM, Lonely Fanboy48 said:

But I finally realized that maybe Hasbro is running out of ideas for EG Movies. Now it's not that the MLP movie is coming out later this year, because of what I think they made 3 22 minute specials because they can't think on what to do in movies after LOE.

I don't think that they are running out of ideas, they simply tried something different, partially due the fact that they're already producing a movie this year.

In regard to new storylines, the difference to previous Installments was simply that they "foreshadowed" at least one Element of the next Installment.

Rainbow rocks fully integrated Sunset into the Human 5 (or 6) and showed Sci-Twi.

Friendship Games integrated Sci-Twi into the Human 6 (or 7) and foreshadowed some heavy Sunset / Sci-Twi interaction.

Legend of Everfree introduced the Super powers and the lingering Magic within the human World.

Mirror Magic (Or these specials as a whole) did no such thing, unless they want to focus on Starlight or Juniper Montage, which i doubt because EqG does not need more Main Characters beside Sunset and Sci-Twi.

The only thing that Mirror Magic did show that the lingering Magic will still be an issue in the future, which is no surprise.

I think there are still some storylines in EqG left to tell, aside from the obvious suggestion for a Sunset / Celestia meeting.

Aside from that, to address some other points.

Twilight getting "tough love".

If Princess Twilight will ever appear in the Human World again, it might be touched upon, but it would be rather awkward.

I mean, after LoE you could say that Flash is over Twilight, but then she suddenly shows up again and has feelings for him, then he rejects her or Sunset tells her not interact with him? the scene would be just strange.

This whole relationship thing is something i found rather distracting in EqG, LoE in my opinion put an acceptable ending to it, at least in regard of Flash Sentry, i actually "liked" the character for the first time.

In general, i have to say that i wouldn't raise my hopes for Princess Twilight making more than a cameo appearance in EqG, i think this concept died with Friendship games, having Sci-Twi and Twilight on screen is just awkward, same voice, same name, similiar design, for a short moment, perhaps, but that's about it.

I also feel kinda split on a Sunset / Human Sunset meeting, on the one hand it would cool to see Sunset running into her "old self", however it also cause rather awkwards moments similiar to a Sci-Twi / Twilight meeting.

On top of that, you gotta resolve the fact that you might be having two identical people running around on the same school, the Human Sunset would have to vanish from any future Installments, because it would just causes problems in terms of writing on the long run.

It's also been mentioned that the characters themselves rather avoid such things, Celestia kept the Mane 5 back in Eq1, Twilight herself in Rainbow Rocks, Sunset also told Starlight she didn't run into Starlights counterpart, like in a potential argument for Starlight not visiting the Human world.

I think the idea could be explored in a different way, perhaps Sunset started to think about this whole counterpart thing, worries about what will happen if she ever runs into her counterpart, a villlains learns of this fear, then uses magic to disguise herself as Sunset, then exploits this to cause trouble.

Finally, if they're ever going to do something like Magical movie night again, my lesson would be to make all 3 episodes more independant of each other or turn them into like 3 part movie.

However, to my knowledge EqG 5 has been "semi confirmed" already, at least i read that at some Bronycon, some kind of unofficial announcement was made but any news was later pulled by Hasbro.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2017 at 8:16 PM, JohnnyP said:

I don't think that they are running out of ideas, they simply tried something different, partially due the fact that they're already producing a movie this year.

In regard to new storylines, the difference to previous Installments was simply that they "foreshadowed" at least one Element of the next Installment.

Rainbow rocks fully integrated Sunset into the Human 5 (or 6) and showed Sci-Twi.

Friendship Games integrated Sci-Twi into the Human 6 (or 7) and foreshadowed some heavy Sunset / Sci-Twi interaction.

Legend of Everfree introduced the Super powers and the lingering Magic within the human World.

Mirror Magic (Or these specials as a whole) did no such thing, unless they want to focus on Starlight or Juniper Montage, which i doubt because EqG does not need more Main Characters beside Sunset and Sci-Twi.

The only thing that Mirror Magic did show that the lingering Magic will still be an issue in the future, which is no surprise.

I think there are still some storylines in EqG left to tell, aside from the obvious suggestion for a Sunset / Celestia meeting.

Aside from that, to address some other points.

Twilight getting "tough love".

If Princess Twilight will ever appear in the Human World again, it might be touched upon, but it would be rather awkward.

I mean, after LoE you could say that Flash is over Twilight, but then she suddenly shows up again and has feelings for him, then he rejects her or Sunset tells her not interact with him? the scene would be just strange.

This whole relationship thing is something i found rather distracting in EqG, LoE in my opinion put an acceptable ending to it, at least in regard of Flash Sentry, i actually "liked" the character for the first time.

In general, i have to say that i wouldn't raise my hopes for Princess Twilight making more than a cameo appearance in EqG, i think this concept died with Friendship games, having Sci-Twi and Twilight on screen is just awkward, same voice, same name, similiar design, for a short moment, perhaps, but that's about it.

I also feel kinda split on a Sunset / Human Sunset meeting, on the one hand it would cool to see Sunset running into her "old self", however it also cause rather awkwards moments similiar to a Sci-Twi / Twilight meeting.

On top of that, you gotta resolve the fact that you might be having two identical people running around on the same school, the Human Sunset would have to vanish from any future Installments, because it would just causes problems in terms of writing on the long run.

It's also been mentioned that the characters themselves rather avoid such things, Celestia kept the Mane 5 back in Eq1, Twilight herself in Rainbow Rocks, Sunset also told Starlight she didn't run into Starlights counterpart, like in a potential argument for Starlight not visiting the Human world.

I think the idea could be explored in a different way, perhaps Sunset started to think about this whole counterpart thing, worries about what will happen if she ever runs into her counterpart, a villlains learns of this fear, then uses magic to disguise herself as Sunset, then exploits this to cause trouble.

Finally, if they're ever going to do something like Magical movie night again, my lesson would be to make all 3 episodes more independant of each other or turn them into like 3 part movie.

However, to my knowledge EqG 5 has been "semi confirmed" already, at least i read that at some Bronycon, some kind of unofficial announcement was made but any news was later pulled by Hasbro.

I kind of agree with you on everything but Princess Twilight. If someone finds out that theres magic leaking from the portal then Sunset probably needs Princess Twilight help since it can take you to both worlds. My Specials are my predictions, and I'm just mad at Mirror Magic because of everything in it.

On 8.6.2017 at 5:19 AM, Lonely Fanboy48 said:

I kind of agree with you on everything but Princess Twilight. If someone finds out that theres magic leaking from the portal then Sunset probably needs Princess Twilight help since it can take you to both worlds. My Specials are my predictions, and I'm just mad at Mirror Magic because of everything in it.

Personally i just hope this whole portal leaking thing is not supposed to become a major plot "reveal" in any installment, first off because it's obvious "where the magic came from", second it was already revealed to the audience.

As for Twilight, most of my points remain, when the portal itself becomes a focus of an installment (or episode), Princess Twilight might play a role in it, however i doubt that this will be anytime soon, due the portal being such a crucial element to EqG, because that's where the magic comes from.

While i feel your pain on Mirror Magic, to a certain degree you have to take the episode for what it was: a Fan service, some people said on the synopsis that it sounded like a Fan-fiction.

While it most certainly didn't have to turn out the way it did, the "damage" the episode done is rather small, there's not much in the episode itself that "needs" to be addressed in future installments.

20 hours ago, JohnnyP said:

While i feel your pain on Mirror Magic, to a certain degree you have to take the episode for what it was: a Fan service, some people said on the synopsis that it sounded like a Fan-fiction.

True but I made a review on all 3 Specials and even if it's understandable I still can't stand Mirror Magic. You should probably watch my Review of MMN to understand what I feel about MMN.