Sign in to follow this  
Steamworks

S5 Episode 19 - Discussion

Where to watch:
(Some of the pages have the episode title in them already. If you can't bear to even know that, you should probably avoid them until it's time for the episode.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/3km1kr/mlpfim_season_5_episode_streams_part_2/

(Discovery Family is airing Made in Manehattan, Brotherhooves Social, and Crusaders of the Lost Mark as a run up to the new episode. If you're behind, here's  your chance to catch up.)

DailyMotion: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3a0de4

So, basically... this was "Green Isn't Your Color," but with Pinkie in Twilight's hooves, an imaginary riceball in her head taking Pinkie's place in this version of the narrative screaming "FOREVER," and with babies instead of modeling. Seems legit.

Show continues to express its self-awareness through Pinkie. Wow, was she blunt during that scavenger hunt, hah! 

Overall thoughts : It's a Pinkie Pie episode hilarity and visual gags are guaranteed. 

Edited by Skyrazer
Derp.

This is the part where i say something really cynical about the begging of the episode. But i just can't do it. This is Hilarious.

I normally despise PinkiePie, but this is just to good.

Is that, like, Tixie's sister or something?

"Baby bottle" Right... Let's go with that...

"WE GET THE PICTURE! YOU LIKE BOOKS!!!" is quiet possibly the best line in the show...

Pinkie is experiencing what it's like to watch someone else play Portal for the first time. And there's cake at the end.

1004386__safe_pinkie+pie_screencap_edit_

"Free will is a myth, friendship is a joke. We are all pawns, controlled by a magic greater. MEMES, TWILIGHT."

Edited by AaronMk
  • Like 1

More Shining. This is good.

Pinkie's torture is delicious. Any other pony would have normal reactions. She also keeps looking at the Back to the Future bug.

Baby carrots? Big, strong captain of the guard favors baby carrots?

The music for the delivering cakes without interacting with anypony scene was way too perfect. It added just the right amount of whimsy to it.

What the fuck, Mayor Mare? Do you suspect Pinkie of harboring secrets against the state?

Cadance isn't showing yet.

Oh, Shining, you're a nerd and a dork at heart. You're never more cute than when that side of you is showing. https://derpiboo.ru/1004379 Oh how I'd steal you from Cadance in an instant if I had the chance.

For a brief moment, I had flashbacks to that awful G3 scavenger hunt ad episode.

Absolutely loved Pinkie Pie's reactions throughout the episode, "gotta bounce" was one of my favorite moments, I did however have this feeling of pending doom from the start to the finish beacause I was almost certain Pinkie would have snapped before the end...well she technically did but Shining Armor saved her bacon.

So a royal baby huh? Got to wonder if it will be an alicorn or a unicorn, I guess the first one is more likely.

Also crossbows are canon now.

Inb4 its a godlike pentacorn that creates an alternate dimension of evil Equestria.

plus the path this show is taking... A new (royal) baby means more daycare episodes, possibly filly episodes, and other stuff of that nature in the upcoming seasons.... G4 just doesnt want to go down easily, does it?

also, Twilight is the "smartest" but also the "slowest"

Eeh? Eeeh? :D 

Personally, I'm rooting for a pegasus foal. (That's what Cadance was born as, after all.)

It is kind of sad to see people coming down hard on this episode for not being like last week's. Never mind that it wasn't trying to be. This was a light-hearted Pinkie Pie comedy, not emotional character drama.

Still, I think I know why they're doing all this build-up. So it'll be devastating when Starlight tampers with the timeline and so much of this will be undone.

MMmyep, I know exactly how Pinkie feels.

(And I know plenty of things about my friends that they claim they never tell others I know secrets, secrets like ...oops)

In the entirety of the episode I'm surprised that no one once thought to ask or outwardly wonder if Pinkie was pregnant herself.

As with the last on- 

Show continues to express its self-awareness through Pinkie. Wow, was she blunt during that scavenger hunt, hah! 

Overall thoughts : It's a Pinkie Pie episode hilarity and visual gags are guaranteed. 

OH GOD DAMMIT THAT'S MY LINE!