Sign in to follow this  
Steamworks

The Force Awakens

Tickets have been on sale for like 30 minutes now. I have mine. Do you have yours?

I'll edit in the new trailer when I can find it.

Edited by Steamworks

I'd love to watch it. I'm a big fan of parts of the Star Wars universe and I love the Mandalorians with their culture. Im curious if the new film has any Manda bounty hunters, since Jango and Boba were absoluetly awesome.

But there are already two things I dislike: The incredibly stupid looking helmets of the clone soldiers and the friggen lightsaber with crossguards.

Gonna leave this here:
2312.png

I think the crossguards were necessary considering the amount of "phallic" jokes over the last few decades...

Edited by Yoko

The crossguard  should help prevent dehandification. I forget the name, but the stuff that is basically lightsaber proof is very rare. It's likely way cheaper and easier to have the extra beams than seek out that stuff. 

The crossguard  should help prevent dehandification. I forget the name, but the stuff that is basically lightsaber proof is very rare. It's likely way cheaper and easier to have the extra beams than seek out that stuff. 

Phrik or Cortosis. Those are the materials you are looking for.

Additionally, crossguards shouldn't even be necessary. You have the force telling you where to block, there is no need for those hilarious looking crossguards. The comic has a good point: What's next? The Lightflail? Lightarmor? Lighttanks?

I'm not really happy with the direction the film takes, but I'll wait with my judgement till I've seen it.

Also, after Disney declared 99% of the stories (comics, books, games, etc) as "It didnt happen", the whole universe feels dead. The whole story only exists around the films, one game and maybe two books. It really grinds my gears.

Current canon also includes Rebels and The Clone Wars.

This was a thing in old EU canon. A lightsaber with a crossguard is far, far less ridiculous: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightwhip

(Also, do note that Kylo Ren's saber is seemingly primitive compared to all the others we've seen. It's likely his only knowledge of the Force comes from Sith holocrons. He may not have the finesse to see into the future a bit with the Force.)

jeeze, it's not that bad of a change, next you'll complain if they start adding accessories to blasters,gaaaah

No, blasters are fine. Mandalorians modified their blasters all the time. And like I stated earlier: I will judge it when I've seen the movie, however I already have a bad feeling about the film. The points I stated are the reason for that. I am a huge fan of the old canon, and I dislike seeing the old canon being dismembered and violated to fit Disney's idea of Star Wars.

Current canon also includes Rebels and The Clone Wars.

This was a thing in old EU canon. A lightsaber with a crossguard is far, far less ridiculous: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightwhip

(Also, do note that Kylo Ren's saber is seemingly primitive compared to all the others we've seen. It's likely his only knowledge of the Force comes from Sith holocrons. He may not have the finesse to see into the future a bit with the Force.)

When you look at the whip, it somehow gives me the impression that it is a vibro weapon, not a light weapon. Quote from the very page you posted:

"A fact that seems to confirm that the weapon is indeed a vibrowhip is the fact that it did not sever Kenobi's leg when it wrapped around it. "

So still, at the moment, that crossguard really bugs me.

And seriously. After Darth Sidious' and Darth Vader's death there were many more sith still in the galaxy left. They weren't the only sith alive during the time of the Empire. So Kylo wouldn't need holocrons, he could just learn from the other sith.

(On a side note: I love geeking over Star Wars!)

Old EU is dead, remember? The rule of 2 lives, though, so we're going to have to assume the sith died along with Vader and Palpatine for now. 

Old EU is dead, remember? The rule of 2 lives, though, so we're going to have to assume the sith died along with Vader and Palpatine for now. 

Do we have any official word on that? If Darth Bane never officially existed, there's nothing to say that the "rule of two" did either, except anecdotal evidence.

Plus people aren't good at following rules. There may have been Sith in other parts of the galaxy who did not recognize Palpatine's authority as Lord of the Sith.

I have to ask this:

Are Republic Commandos still canon?

I haven't seen anything from The Clone Wars, because it appeared a little too childish for me. So I don't know if RepComs were featured there. I really would hate Disney when they removed the four BEST Star Wars books from the universe.

No idea. I never cared for the art style in The Clone Wars. I've also heard that only the first few seasons are way too far on the childish end of the spectrum.

Don't most consider the Thrawn Trilogy the best the EU had to offer?

My body is ready. If only Battlefront 3 could be as epic as this looks.

What is Battlefront 3 I have never heard of it. I mean there is a game called Star Wars Battlefront coming out maybe you are confusing the two.

What is Battlefront 3 I have never heard of it. I mean there is a game called Star Wars Battlefront coming out maybe you are confusing the two.

Star Wars Battlefront 3. Y'know, because it's the third one and well, I'd rather not just call it "SW Battlefront" because that would soil the good name of the original <3

I'm really not convinced by that game. I love Star Wars, but Battlefront 3 looks so... boring average. And the lightsaber duels only consist of fast button mashing. Im really disappointed. However, I dont know what I expected from EA.

It's almost upon us. The red carpet premiere is going on like right now.

I've had my tickets for a while, and I'm about to lock my s-foils in the hype position and prepare for my final run on the theater.

Edit:
I think this photo from the premiere may show who's robotic hand that is in the trailer. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWO2MlpUkAAEvqu.jpg:large