Otaku-sempai

‘My Little Pony’ Movie Skipping Theaters to Debut on Netflix

Recommended Posts

Variety reports: ‘My Little Pony’ Movie Skipping Theaters to Debut on Netflix (EXCLUSIVE)

Quote

 

“My Little Pony,” an animated movie aimed at family audiences, is heading to Netflix.

Paramount Pictures was originally set to distribute the film, which had been scheduled to open in theaters on Sept. 24, 2021. Hasbro’s entertainment studio Entertainment One produced the movie and will retain distribution rights in China.

Though the exact release date is unclear, “My Little Pony” is expected to land on Netflix later this year.

 

 

No news yet on cast or characters, but there is this at the end of the article: 

Quote

Robb Cullen and Jose Ucha directed the upcoming installment with Mark Fattibene. Cecil Kramer and Peter Lewis served as producers.

 

I don't suppose there will be any further announcements about cast, characters or crew until at least the Hasbro Ivestor's Event on February 25 or WonderCon's virtual event in March.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ika Musume said:

Hopefully this movie comes out soon because I've been losing my mind hoping for new content, no offense to Pony Life fans

.

The original, theatrical release date was September 24, 2021. Netflix could debut the movie sooner

 

By the way, does anypony have any information on the production status? Is filming completed, placing it at either pre-production or completed? The movie hasn't been rated yet (nor do we know the official title).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard about this, and I'm definitely checking Netflix everyday until an official release date is confirmed, just so I can see it the day of or whenever it's publicly announced!

:spikeletter::moonjuice:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, October 10, September 15, or October 6 would be a great way to celebrate the anniversaries of G4, G1, and the G1/4 movie(s). maybe it doesn't make a difference, but it would be pretty cool if it was on these, or any other MLP historic (1985 - 2009) or current (on air from 2010 - 2019) mm/dd release date!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2021 at 4:22 AM, Spikeywikey said:

Oh, boy... I hate this synopsis. Sounds like what Disney did with Star Wars: grabbing a closed and done with story and ruining the legacy of previous characters for the sake of milking it some more because they're too scared of making something new.

I hope that I'm wrong and this is something entirely new, but doesn't look like it.

EDIT: "Somehow, Sombra has returned..."

Edited by Metemponychosis
I think that I'm funny.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am concerned it won't be offered in all regions instantly, at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2021 at 10:28 AM, Metemponychosis said:

Oh, boy... I hate this synopsis. Sounds like what Disney did with Star Wars: grabbing a closed and done with story and ruining the legacy of previous characters for the sake of milking it some more because they're too scared of making something new.

I hope that I'm wrong and this is something entirely new, but doesn't look like it.

EDIT: "Somehow, Sombra has returned..."

This new movie still takes place in Equestria? I hope it's not in the same continuity as Friendship is Magic because I'm not interested in revisiting that same Equestria.

If it isn't in the same continuity, I might be able to go with some references to the previous so.

If it's in the same continuity, I wonder how low my interest in the new MLP incarnation will be.

Honestly, I'm not even sure how interested I am in this new movie.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Number95 said:

This new movie still takes place in Equestria? I hope it's not in the same continuity as Friendship is Magic because I'm not interested in revisiting that same Equestria.

If it isn't in the same continuity, I might be able to go with some references to the previous so.

If it's in the same continuity, I wonder how low my interest in the new MLP incarnation will be.

Honestly, I'm not even sure how interested I am in this new movie.

 

Well, if by "the same continuity" you mean "takes place in the far future" you might be right. This seems to be long after the time of the Mane 6.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Number95 said:

This new movie still takes place in Equestria? I hope it's not in the same continuity as Friendship is Magic because I'm not interested in revisiting that same Equestria.

If it isn't in the same continuity, I might be able to go with some references to the previous so.

If it's in the same continuity, I wonder how low my interest in the new MLP incarnation will be.

Honestly, I'm not even sure how interested I am in this new movie.

There is another piece of news floating around that says that this is after the ending of G4. Some unspecified long time.  I'll try to track it down to shwo you.

I would preffer tenfold if this was another continuity, but the milking of the cow must go on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Metemponychosis said:

There is another piece of news floating around that says that this is after the ending of G4. Some unspecified long time.  I'll try to track it down to shwo you.

I would preffer tenfold if this was another continuity, but the milking of the cow must go on.

.

Maybe you're thinking of the official synopsis that was released combined with the image of Sunny the Earth Pony with nods to Celestia and the Mane 6 in her bedroom. We've also seen an image of Sunny and Izzy flanked by guards in what looks like a palace in a Pegasus kingdom.

Quote

 

In the new movie, the pony world of Equestria has lost its magic. Friendship and harmony have been replaced by mistrust, and Ponies now live separated by species. Sunny—a feisty and idealistic young Earth Pony—is convinced there’s still hope for this divided world.

 

When Sunny befriends a lost Unicorn named Izzy, they embark on an epic adventure that will include a daring jewel heist, outrageous conspiracy theories, elaborate musical numbers, and the world’s cutest flying Pomeranian. The world Sunny has dreamed of her entire life could finally become a reality as Sunny and her newfound friends fight to prove that even little ponies can make a big difference!

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Otaku-sempai said:

.

Maybe you're thinking of the official synopsis that was released combined with the image of Sunny the Earth Pony with nods to Celestia and the Mane 6 in her bedroom. We've also seen an image of Sunny and Izzy flanked by guards in what looks like a palace in a Pegasus kingdom.

 

Yes. I think that's the one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2021 at 12:15 AM, Metemponychosis said:

There is another piece of news floating around that says that this is after the ending of G4. Some unspecified long time.  I'll try to track it down to shwo you.

I would preffer tenfold if this was another continuity, but the milking of the cow must go on.

If this new generation of ponies will and must acknowledge Friendship is Magic, I wouldn't mind if the references were minor and minimal as even though the show disappointed me as a whole, there were at least some things I liked about it.

References to it might be inevitable since it's easily the most popular MLP show

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Number95 said:

If this new generation of ponies will and must acknowledge Friendship is Magic, I wouldn't mind if the references were minor and minimal as even though the show disappointed me as a whole, there were at least some things I liked about it.

References to it might be inevitable since it's easily the most popular MLP show

There will be references left and right because they can't start anything of their own and they want to milk the fandom for however long they can.

My hope was that it would be be just that. References. But as I said earlier, I don't think that they would be willing to start again with a new continuity.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now