Steamworks

S5 Episode 20 - Discussion

Where to watch:
(Some of the pages have the episode title in them already. If you can't bear to even know that, you should probably avoid them until it's time for the episode.)

https://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/3km1kr/mlpfim_season_5_episode_streams_part_2/

(Discovery Family is airing Brotherhooves Social, Crusaders of the Lost Mark, and The One Where Pinkie Knows as a run up to the new episode. If you're behind, here's  your chance to catch up.)

DailyMotion: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3awvcy

Nice little episode, a simple yet pleasant story about family traditions and we finally get to hear the whole Pie family which is pretty much just as I expected them to be...except Limestone and Marble Pie, the aggressiveness of Limestone was quite a surprise and I somehow have found yet another favorite character in Marble, she's so adorably cute :awesomedash:.

More Maud Pie is always welcome in my book, and she made me giggle here and there, even laugh at her "I'm pushing as much as I can" passive moment.

Huzzah for the Pie family, and their wacky rock farm.

While it turned out generally how I predicted, I still enjoyed the way it was done. In particular, it was a pleasure getting to see Pinkie's family member's characters since their first appearances in the S1 episode "The Cutie Mark Chronicles". The new shipping opportunity was cool as well.

I watched it on YouTube (aside from a livestream/true airing, would you really prefer anything else?). If I'm too late to catch it there, however, I end up having to see it on Dailymotion, which really sucks because it runs very slowly on my pc for some reason to the point where video (not audio) stops and skips constantly, struggling to catch up. Luckily I can watch it fine on my phone, but still. Does anypony else have this issue and/or know how to fix it if possible?
Edited by ultimateAI

It certainly was great seeing Pinkie's sisters again after not seeing them for so long. Not to mention Inkie and Blinkie's (I'll still call them this despite them having canon names) are, interestingly enough, kind of how I saw them in my own headcanon of them, Blinkie being a bit more aggressive while Inkie is more reserved and shy, plus quite adorable too.

Not going to be looking forward to the ship, though, yet I do hope we get to see her being paired up with Fluttershy, as they have been shipped together in the past (Inkie with her, to be exact).

Am I the only one who thought Marble was the genderswap version of Big Mac minus the strength?

No? Ok. *crawls back into Cave*

Good episode though, I could've sworn that rock was gonna crack and reveal a huge geode.

I enjoyed the episode, especially since we got to actually see the rest of her sisters now. Although the moment I saw Marble my first thoughts were, "OH boy, here comes the R34."

Nothing is sacred. Dammit.

5VDqvND.png

Edited by Toki Zensekai
  • Like 1

Eh, the R34 of that Make-A-Wish kid's OC from "Trade Ya!" was much more inappropriate.

Leave it to a greedy dragon to get too eager for gifts.

McAllister pones on the train to the rock farm.

But we already know the story of the first Hearthswarming Eve. This telling left out the weaponized friendship burning the Windigoes alive.

Amish pones.

Limestone Pie just sounds like a bitch.

Marble Pie needs to hang with Fluttershy. Initial impression is that she makes Fluttershy look bold and confident.

So much rock obsession. How did Pinkie end up with a party obsession while growing up around all this rock?

We need to see the Choosing Stone.

A gift search does sound a little fun, at least once.

What might be nice as an eventual lesson (and very likely totally unrelated to this episode entirely) is that you have your family by blood and you have your family that you choose. If your blood family is shit, leave 'em in the dust and search for your happiness with the family you get to choose.

Ah, Hearth's Warming Eve, the holiday that's like Christmas, if Christmas were about an ancient terrible famine, preventing a potential race war, and you have to sing carols not because they're fun but because they stave off gaseous demon horses of hate in the sky. Seems legit.

Igneous I found was far scarier than Limestone. Something about that cold old-school Amish-like persona gives me the creeps. Limestone just felt like she was OD'ing on tsundere. Her and Trixie must have gotten along well (I still think Maud x Trixie makes more sense as a Rock Farm Trixie ship though).

Apparently, Pinkie truly is the black sheep of her clan.

So much rock obsession. How did Pinkie end up with a party obsession while growing up around all this rock?

I call it "schizophrenia." Makes sense to me.

Good episode though, I could've sworn that rock was gonna crack and reveal a huge geode.

*minutes later*

Pinkie: "Rarity!! When did you you get here?! You're here to celebrate Hearth's Warming Eve with us too?"

Rarity: "Some days I hate my horn."

Party rock?

We need to see the Choosing Stone.

Absolutely.

holder's boulder was so cute and sooo shy omg im gonna ship  with big mac in my supernatural x mlp pony cross-over fanfiction trilogy

But we already know the story of the first Hearthswarming Eve. This telling left out the weaponized friendship burning the Windigoes alive.

Weaponized Friendship how this show solves every problem, they needn't really mention it. Happy they even made a joke out of it in Rainbow Rocks.