Sign in to follow this  
Nightwing

Fallout 4 hype train(Fallout 4 discussion) Hypest Hype

We can talk about game mechanics, right? As long as we don't talk about the story, nothing should be spoiled..

Because we know we don't find the spoilers, the spoilers find you..

Edited by Yoko

Aye. Please properly tag all spoilers! Mechanics is fine, unless they somehow tie into the story, in which case they should be spoiler tagged. Use your best judgement; if you aren't sure, then tag it.

Taking a short break from Fallout 4... to post about Fallout 4!:hithere:

References aren't spoilery they're just entries on an unrelated terminal somewhere. I can also confirm i saw a yellow painted Giddy-up Buttercup toy at [REDACTED]. Might be unrelated but she kinda looked like Fluttershy. And there's a custom white painted Mr. Handy at [REDACTED] that rings home for Rarity, might also be unrelated due to context later on. 

Yes, I did censor myself. No I'm not crazy!... I don't know how to get the spoiler tags to work... Don't look at me like that! GET BACK HERE! *revs up Ripper* :megusta:

Edited by Skyrazer
Typos...

Hole in the floor followed by "I just don't know what went wrong" and "I can't afford to be tardy. Clock is ticking, Arlen. Clock is ticking" are straight up out of Last Roundup and Lesson Zero.

Unpopular opinion here, I don't like how they recycled the Fallout 3 songs and put them in Fallout 4. I don't want to be reminded of Fallout 3 when playing Fallout 4, I want a new experience, damn it!

• Like 1

Yeah, that is a pity, but I guess because timeline wise it is pretty much at the same time Fallout 3 happens I guess they sticked with the same tracks.

I'm installing the game as this is being posted, soon I'll FINALLY get to create a character that looks like me...to then wear a helmet for the rest of the game...

Edited by Light Landstrider
Had to add a couple of lines

It's uh, actually happening at the same time as Fallout 3 is. Which is strange considering the lack of pre-war weapons in the Commonwealth. I know it's a different game but I haven't even seen a valid explanation why the conventional weapons from Fallout 3 / NV are missing and replaced with like DIY .38 weapons.  It's literally my only complaint about the game.

Unpopular opinion here, I don't like how they recycled the Fallout 3 songs and put them in Fallout 4. I don't want to be reminded of Fallout 3 when playing Fallout 4, I want a new experience, damn it!

FO3 had some damn good songs, and I'm not at all upset that they brought some back. The new ones are also excellent.

FO3 had some damn good songs, and I'm not at all upset that they brought some back. The new ones are also excellent.

They brought some of the songs back? I didn't notice. Anyone care to point out the similar ones?

Also, speaking of pre-war weapons. The loading screen keeps showing me a Silenced Walter-PPK pistol. HAS ANYONE FOUND IT?!

In case you're not sure what it looks like, here:

Walther_PPK-L.jpg

They brought some of the songs back? I didn't notice. Anyone care to point out the similar ones?

Also, speaking of pre-war weapons. The loading screen keeps showing me a Silenced Walter-PPK pistol. HAS ANYONE FOUND IT?!

In case you're not sure what it looks like, here:

Civilization - Danny Kaye

'Maybe' and 'I Don't Want to Set the World on Fire' - The Ink Spots

Way Back Home - Bob Crosby

At least, those are the one's I've heard already. All on Diamond City Radio! Guess the presence of FO3 songs in FO4 makes sense, given the Commonwealth's relatively close proximity, least compared to the Mojave or the Midwest, to the Capital Wasteland. 

Also, Fallout 4 takes place a decade after Fallout 3. Playing through the BoS storyline (among other tihngs), it becomes evident that it is not at the same time as Fallout 3.

Edited by Storm

It's uh, actually happening at the same time as Fallout 3 is. Which is strange considering the lack of pre-war weapons in the Commonwealth. I know it's a different game but I haven't even seen a valid explanation why the conventional weapons from Fallout 3 / NV are missing and replaced with like DIY .38 weapons.  It's literally my only complaint about the game.

F4 is actually a couple decades after 3.

As much as there are quite a few DIY weapons, the number of prewar weaponry isn't lacking:

We have the combat rifle and shotgun, both used by the prewar military and the assault rifle.

Double barreled shotgun.
Gangster sub machine gun (tommy gun).
The hunting rifle which in this iteration is less fixed-with-tape-and-hope and more actual prewar build.
All the plasma, laser and institute weaponry with the exception of a few like the laser musket for example are obviously prewar tech.
.44 revolver and your run of the mill 10 mm pistol.
Rocket launchers, nuke slings and Gatling guns/lasers.
All the melee weapons but the shishkebab and the deathclaw gauntlet.
Fragmentation, plasma and pulse explosives.
Edited by Light Landstrider
Had an extra empty spoiler

Yeah, it has a few literally game breaking bugs, though they're working on them. Make sure your game is kept patched and up to date. 

It's apparently a problem a lot of people are having. Here's what it is (possible spoilers)

I'm siding with the Minutemen and the next quest I should be getting is Defend the Castle, but the guy in the radio refuses to sit in the hair and broadcast Radio Freedom. He says there's not enough power (but there is) and won't get on the radio so I can't even get the quest. I've tried a bunch of console commands to try to reset his AI, but nothing works.