Sign in to follow this  
Nightwing

Fallout 4 hype train(Fallout 4 discussion) Hypest Hype

Vertibird pilots in Fallout 4 make me ashamed to be an avid Brotherhood supporter since Fallout 3. BROTHER, DOES THOU EVEN FLY? :doublefacehoof:

If I had a Frag grenade for every time I've seen a Verti pilot do something retarded or crash into something, I'd be overencumbered from them alone and have enough grenades to level half of Boston.

That's never happened with me. :stararity:

You haven't looked closely enough. In the last 20 minutes of gameplay I've had roughly 5 vertibirds crash and/or explode due to :piloting: 

I'm producing about 1000 caps of purified water every in-game day.

*Makes it rain caps*

Can you please explain to me how production in this damn game works?! I must know the secrets!

yuno.png

build things

acquire peasants

build farms and water

peasants work the land

???

profit

IIRC water purifiers (not pumps) add the water to the workshop inventory so making caps off that would be as simple as taking the water out and selling it off.

So basically what you need to do is set up a lot of industrial water purifiers. Sanctuary should be a good place to start if you aren't too keen on farming quests to find a place with water. What you want to do is set up two purifiers in the water for every large generator and wire them together. Make as many of these as you can afford/will fit. Settlers will use the water and any leftover will be sent to the workshop where you can pick them up (although I think there's a max you can have at any given time).

Also note that if you have supply lines, any connected settlements will take away from your profit, at least with direct connections, not sure about indirect lines.

For this to work I recommend Local Leader 2 and Cap Collector 3 (if you can't get 3 then 2 is fine). Once you have a good supply of water you want to make sure you have someone to sell it to, so use Local Leader to set up shops. I've found that the Clinic shops have the most starting caps, but if you don't want to invest more perk points for Medic then the normal traders will do.  Cap Collector 3 is good here because you can invest 500 caps to increase their buying capacity.

Edit: also keep in mind how defense in this game works; defense should be at least food and water combined. Raiders just love Sanctuary, though for some reason one of my other settlements is making ~350 water and hasn't had a single attack yet.

Edited by RadioactiveNuke

Does anyone feel like the side quests are a little lacking? I'm not sure if it's just because an AI bug has forced me to put the main quest on hold, but I haven't really had much to do. Building a multi-million cap water empire is nice and all, but sometimes I just want someone to come up to me and say "Go kill everything in this general direction." Settlement defend quests end up reusing the same places and it's getting stale. There have been a couple amazing side quests here and there, but there's just not much I can find compared to other games like Skyrim and New Vegas. What do you guys think? Do I just need to investigate every little thing I come across?

Exploring the Wasteland is half the fun, plus it's sort of conducive to laying waste to all that lie in your path.

Heeeeeeeeeeeey Batter, batter, batter, batter, swing, batter!

He can't hit, he can't hit, he can't hit, he can't hit, swing, batter!

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/402306747087267364/2D33463F34654283BE0938F3D4CF698A2CF603ED/

@RadioactiveNuke I didn't feel like the side quests were lacking, so far my quest log seems to be ever full of quests which distract me from the main one, what I will say is that the map feels a lot bigger and there are a lot of places to visit, so unlike fallout 3 or new vegas you have a lot more "filler" areas to discover in between places that usually hold side quests.

But really just wander around, that mysterious signal you just found? A side quest. That new settlement/town? Side quests. That curious looking building in the back ground that stands out? More side quests. You just have to stroll through the wasteland and you are bound to find something.

So I finally managed to fix that bug with console shenanigans. Turns out that all you need to do is change the variable that determines whether or not you're allowed to assign someone to the radio. When I tried assigning someone else to it the original guy apparently didn't want to be replaced and got right back on it. Job security must be a nightmare in the post-nuclear apocalypse.

If anyone else is having this bug on PC I can post the specifics for a fix.

As it turns out having max INT and the idiot savant perk is still better than 1 INT plus the perk, as on the long run you get more experience by having the intelligence bonus plus random chance of multiplying it.

Also got to love the "HUURRR DUURR DUUURR BOING" that happens all the time :scrunchy:

9 hours ago, Light Landstrider said:

As it turns out having max INT and the idiot savant perk is still better than 1 INT plus the perk, as on the long run you get more experience by having the intelligence bonus plus random chance of multiplying it.

Also got to love the "HUURRR DUURR DUUURR BOING" that happens all the time :scrunchy:

It is, but it requires alot more save scumming to get it to trigger on quests so I just decided to keep my INT low,might only get it to 3 for gun nut

I needed science for modding power armor and plasma/laser weapons, then figured it would be just as good to get it to 9 and find the bobble-head (in the Boston library by the way).

I don't have the idiot savant perk, might not take it at all at this point, still might consider it if I just want to have a laugh every time it triggers.

13 hours ago, Storm said:

Wait what? How is that an X-01? That's a T-45 helmet, arms look like they could be off either T-51 or T-45, definitely a T-51 body and T-51 legs! X-01 is the Enclave variant and it looks very differnet from the pre-war ones. :glare:

Was thinking the exact same thing Skyrazer, clearly not the Enclave experimental armor as the helmet alone gives it away, guess either a quick Photoshop or the game wrongly displaying the contents of the armor.

15 minutes ago, Skyrazer said:

Wait what? How is that an X-01? That's a T-45 helmet, arms look like they could be off either T-51 or T-45, definitely a T-51 body and T-51 legs! X-01 is the Enclave variant and it looks very differnet from the pre-war ones. :glare:

10 minutes ago, Light Landstrider said:

Was thinking the exact same thing Skyrazer, clearly not the Enclave experimental armor as the helmet alone gives it away, guess either a quick Photoshop or the game wrongly displaying the contents of the armor.

Apparently it's a bug with the specific suit of power armour at the specific location I found it in that makes it look like a different one until you actually use it. 

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/X-01_power_armor#Bugs

EDIT: Yes, it looks like proper X-01 armour now

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/402306883433148787/5CDFEEA7045859C48CD1A18E3546A685CDAC068B/

:pinkieshrug: