Zakru

Why do you like the games you like?

20 posts in this topic

Just a simple question: Why do you like your favorite games?

Example:

Minceraft (Bye bye, MC haters! Thanks for coming anyway) - Flexibility, creativity and the easiness of modding (We can all thank LexManos for that one ;P)

I like visual electronic entertainment for it causes my glands to create endorphin which proceeds to give me positive feeling. It is very satisfactory. 

Seriously though I like my games because they are fun for me to play them. Either an RTS because I get to command an army or create a society (4X and TBS fit here too). Or CRPG for the story and worlds to explore but definitely not the mindless clicker rpgs Diablo style. Though I do enjoy a good FPS now and then, especially if it has creative weapons and cool enemies, which seems to be lacking in the age of two weapon modern realistic brown shooters.

And pony games because they have ponies :chillin:

1 person likes this

It speaks for itself.

1 person likes this

Initial post is pretty vague, so here goes again.

2007Scape is the best because no need to explain :awesomedash: the nostalgia... and the old school... seriously, who plays RS3 when you can play OSRS? Also, it's RuneScape with no cancer cells.

I also like FPSs like TF2. I want OW, but I can't get it because parents. CS:GO is meh.

Also sandbox games and modding is fun. And game development.

well samurai warriors

for me its the perfect stress killer because of the hoards of enemies you face in game

1 person likes this

New Hype, and incredible amount of nostalgia, makes my body unable to do anything actually.

Listen that atmosphere srsly !

You are alone. Definitely. Investigate in ruins, and you know something terrible happened here. Maybe... Maybe is it still there ?

2 people like this

DCS world, X plane and how can forget FSX!!! Call me a sim nerd but I don't care :dealwithit:

1 person likes this

Legend of Zelda A Link To The Past - First game I was so invested enough to finishing. Not to mention it aged like fine wine. Game mechanics is still great, still controls great, wonderful music. It's a game I can keep playing and still not get tired of it

Metal Gear Solid - One of the first games that made me real interested in the story, so much so that I immediately went and got every other game in the series for the whole picture

Transformers Devastation - It's probably the closest I'll ever get to my dream Megas XLR video game. Platinum's over-the-top gameplay, giant robots cars beating the shit out of each other, a great metal soundtrack

1 person likes this

Team Fortress 2: Fun shooter with many ways to play. Dialogue is funny too.

Garry's Mod: Because it, and similar games where you can do what you want, give you many options to do and even allow you to create your own videos. Gmod videos are still good, dammit.

1 person likes this

Grand Theft Auto 3: Lots of wacky ways to complete missions and drive around Liberty City. Also love the soundtrack.

1 person likes this

Portal 2: The puzzles, the environments and the soundtrack.

Overwatch: The story and the characters.

1 person likes this

Well That's an easy question, but I can list it down by series and why I like them

Kirby Games - Well I started out with Kirby Super Star and then I kept going on with these games from Kirby 64 to Kirby Planet Robobot so mostly I like these type of adventure games and Kirby Air Ride was an exception to me.

Pokemon Games - I started out with Pokemon Stadium 1 and then after that, I started the main series to the original ruby version which I lost and replaced it with original emerald version and then I kept going to Diamond / Pearl / Platinum > Sun / Moon. The spin-offs I've played were Pokemon Rumble, TCG, Puzzle League / Challenge, and Ranger. Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness, I did play them just to get some extra pokemon for R/S/E/FR/LG so overall, I like a mix of these games although TCG for Gameboy Color was the only game I play, but not just the whole TCG series. I do like some of the pokemon even though if they're cute and/or have good potential in battles and have some good movesets for the pokemon contests. I rely too much on legendary pokemon in terms of how tough the game is even without exp. share and bonus.

Mario Games - I probably started out with Super Mario Bros 1-3 at a longest (or my younger) times, but I improved my gameplay throughout the years. Mario Kart, Well Racing games is one thing in these games, but usually they get harder. Mario Party, I started out with Mario party 1 and continued on to Mario Party 3 so basically Yoshi is my main character in mario party games. I did happen to play mario party 5, but that was a friend of my brother's game who left it in my GCN system by accident so i decided to play the game as usual. Overall, It's mostly that I like the main game which is platforming followed by the multiplayer games such as mario kart and mario party. Mario RPG games such as Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario, and Mario & Luigi were an exception.

Legend of Zelda Games - I started out with the original (or Zelda Classic) although I do like a good challenge regardless how tough the game is and how tough the puzzles are in these games. The only thing I don't do is hero mode which is a lot harder than the normal mode. The Exception was Hyrule Warriors which was my type of game to play

Yo-Kai watch - Well My friend got me into these games so he told me that it's like pokemon and after seeing the gameplay videos, I got interested in it and then started playing the demo so I started to like these games since yo-kai watch 1 demo and so on including yo-kai watch wibble wobble.

Final Fantasy Games - Well I started out with Final Fantasy 1 for the NES, but not much so I moved on to Final Fantasy 2/4 and 3/6 for the SNES. It's mostly that I started out with 3/6 for the SNES and then Moved to 7-9 for PS1 although I didn't finish FF7 on my own data including 10 for PS2 till PC / Steam. My most played game is Final Fantasy XI which is a good online game for me to play, the people were nice, helpful, and easy to get along with, and traveling. I did play Final Fantasy XIII as well although playing as lightning in dissidia 012 made me play Final Fantasy XIII. The Game I liked the most in this game Series was Final Fantasy XI

Dragon Warrior / Quest Games - Well I started out with Dragon Quest 1 for the NES, but didn't make much of a progress including Dragon Quest 2 and 3 as well when I started the game out so when I played my brother's data, I just do the grinding for him. I did play Dragon quest 4 for the NES, but I've only played my brother's data till the DS version and then so on with the series although it's mostly that I played Dragon Quest 7 for PS1 the most because I help my brother out with the grinding and sometimes the gambling games like poker as needed.

and Super Smash Bros. - Probably I played these games just for fun and challenges, but mostly it's the challenges that i like no matter how tough they are.

1 person likes this

I love Super Metroid so much because I played that game WAY before I even began kindergarten. I played that game and it took me years before I beat it. Now I can beat it in like 2 hours. 3 if I go for all of the items.

2 people like this

I like games in general, but mostly the ones that involves high stakes risk and shooting, like PUBG, Overwatch, Splatoon, etc.

I also have a special admiration for story based shooters c:

1 person likes this

Super Metroid because it's just an amazing and overall very atmospheric game. And it's everything I love about the Metroid series, and it's my favorite video game.

1 person likes this

I like cuteness, platformers and bullet hell. Also fighting games (though that's more watching than playing, though I do enjoy playing too, I just suck at it). Anything that ticks one or more of those categories is something I probably enjoy. For a few more specific examples:

Kirby: Cutest platformer. Also, Kirby's always at least a fun, enjoyable time (and it's fun to mess around with copy abilities).
Kirby 64's probably my favorite, if only because of its ability-combinations (FIREWORKS KIRBY! EXPLODING NINJA STAR KIRBY! HARD HAT DYNAMITE KIRBY! ANIMAL FRIENDS KIRBY! REFRIGERATOR KIRBY! CURLING STONE KIRBY! FLAMING SWORD KIRBY! LIGHTSABER KIRBY!) and fun multiplayer modes (even if I didn't have anyone to play them with, besides the AI).

Rabi-Ribi: Cute platformer, with a dose of bullet hell for the bosses. I am compelled to enjoy this. The bosses being fun and challenging (especially the last few) also helps.

Splatoon: It hit me right in the 90s nostalgia. Also, it's a well-made, fun shooter. The sequel also has Salmon Run, which is too much fun.

Super Smash Bros: I can make Kirby fight Pac-Man, and I can play as Mega Man. That's all I really need, everything else is just a bonus.

1 person likes this

I like League cause of it's competitive environment.

Sonic cuz of it's FAST ASF B0i playstyle.

Minecraft/Gmod cause they can be pretty good with friends.

CS:GO cause of it's derpiness.

1 person likes this

I fall in love of Elder Scrolls games since the beginning, my first game of the series was Oblivion and since then i played almost all of them (With the exception of  old mobiles games), apart of the gameplay, rpg elements (Rpgs are my favorites) and exploration that make me enjoy and go back, the lore behind it is gigantic, with a lot of mysteries, cultures, mythology, politics. The races of nirn are exotic and there are not only humans or elves, theres also the feline races, Khajiit (Kitties FTW) and Kapo'tun, the argonians, the imgas...and so on. It is a big universe with posibilites and contradictions that can make you stay all the time.

I also love Soulsborne games, gameplay wise i love it, the dificulty is perfect. The lore is vague yet perfectly made to make you enjoy it. I love play it for pvp, challenge runs. I never get bored to play any of it. Fromsoftware created a truly awesome game series with excellent and beautiful worlds. Bloodborne is my favorite because it was the peak of perfection in lore, gameplay for me. Miyazaki really make it awesome and dark and in a victorian/gothic syle that i personally love.

Bioshock, what can i say, another masterpiece. being infinite my favorite of the 3. Because of the messages behind it, the history, it really was a excellent world to get lost in. I loved the combat, the exploration of the levels and i loved Rapture and Columbia. Songbird and Elizabeth are my favorite character in videogames, their relation was perfect, love and hate, desire and freedom. The mystery of who was Songbird. Awesome games.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R Games, these are a perfect example of and awesome survival horror and a shooter game, the first time you play them, it can be Scary, Dangerous and Mysterious. What is in the center of the Zone?, who is the monolith? i always recommend start this series with the first one, perfect games for people who love nuclear fallouts, mutant horrors, chernobyl and of course post-apocalyptic type of games, also who doesnt like some Cheeki breeki iv damke from time to time?.

1 person likes this

Overwatch, Undertale, Escape Goat, Portal, Sims, Goat Simulator, i some others i forgot, are pretty good

1 person likes this