Mystic Thunder

Thoughts on Xbox E3 Update?

Earlier today, Microsoft unveiled Project Scorpio, which will be formally known as the Xbox One X. We found out that it will be able to play games from the original Xbox AND the Xbox 360. We were given the exact tech specs. Only one thing is left: what are your thoughts?

What do you look forward to? What did you like? Dislike? Any plans on picking one up?

First, I just want to say, I would've preferred the name Xbox Scorpio. Microsoft's code names are always more awesome than the release name.

All in all, I think it's going to be great. A lot of the graphics and processing power it has is really meant for TVs much nicer than the kind I have, but I think it'll lead to some very high-quality games. (I'm looking at you, Forza) The increased storage will be helpful for gamers too, even though I haven't had much problem with it yet.

The backwards compatibility is probably the part I love most. Because of how expensive the new games are when they come out, most of my games are still for the 360, and it annoyed me the Xbox One couldn't play most of them. If they get some real backwards compatibility going (which, with that kind of power, they should be able to emulate another console) I think it should be great.

As for getting one of my own, that'll have to wait until September 14, 2019. But I'm looking forward to stealing a few uses at a friend's house if I can. 

• Like 1

I was really happy with what I saw. I loved Scorpio, the plans for Minecraft, and some of the new games they showed.