Light Blade

What is your favorite Anime that you think is a hidden gem?

Mine would be Kuttsukiboshi (Stars Intertwined). It's short, lovely, happy ending, love of two girls undefeatable, and I love it :3

Onegai My Melody. It's a magical girl show...with My Melody! (That one rabbit with the hood made by Sanrio, aka the people who made Hello Kitty)
IS THIS NOT THE FACE OF MERCY?

latest?cb=20130815075957

I don't know any anime I've seen that I can say is obscure, most of the stuff I like tend to be well regarded, or at least fairly well known among weebs

I haven't seen it fully in a while, but it's definitely Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun) for me. It's a very solid anime, though I haven't seen anyone talk about it much.

The animation/comedy is top notch and practically every character is likable for their own quirky reasons. There's only 12 episodes with a 6 episode special. As far as I know, the manga is still ongoing.

On 15.6.2017 at 12:03 AM, LostSanity said:

3 words:

Final Fantasy Unlimited

The negative reviews are BS

Agreed. It's a great anime, and I had many debates with friends who see it otherwise.

Though I have to say, for me it would be Kekkaishi. I had read the manga for the first 20 Volumes, and then they had canceled the german translation and denying us the last 15 volumes, so I stopped reading right in the middle of the plot many years ago. Then, very reccently, I found that there wasn't only an anime, but also an english dub of it, so I gave it a chance, and instantly fell in love with it again. It's probably the best anime adaption I've ever seen, following the original so closely that I'm almost certain they simply used ripped out pages from the manga as the storyboard. But, it never got a second season, and the first one seems to end before volume 20 of the manga as well, meaning it's unfinished and thus probably a hidden gem.

Initial D

An anime where eurobeat, drifting and the world of JDM cars comes crashing together into a battle of who's fastest on Japan's most challenging mountain roads. Follow Takumi, a laid back High Schooler who insisted to use his father's old AE86 Corolla to deliver tofu for the family business but whom is also secretly the fastest racer in the mountain...or is he?