LouviLove

Insert existing attachment and image from URL

Greetings,

When I make a post and that I want to put a image form my computer, I have to upload it on a image hosting website. However, this website sure will stop hosting my image at a moment.
So, there is a way to avoid getting this ?

tlmj.jpg

Also, how "insert existing attachment" work please ?

• Like 2

Hi, LouviLove!

If using the image upload approach, I'm pretty sure there are some websites that will keep your uploads hosted without being taken off after some time limit. One good website I've seen being commonly used is https://imgur.com/. Click on the green "New post" button on the top left-hand corner to upload a new image.

esQMf5b.png

As for the "Insert existing attachment" option, I actually don't know why it is not working. Normally, you should be able to upload your images to your account's collection of attachments, however I can't seem to find an option on this forum to do so. After searching through the forums, I guess this option is either disabled, or it's quite well-hidden. So that's why when clicking on "Insert existing attachment", you see the message "You do not have any existing attachments". So yeah, because of this, it seems the "Insert existing attachment" option is quite useless.

Edited by RaraLover
Reworded some of the content.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

it seems like this question has already been answered, and I admit I don't quite understand all the image uploading talk above, but I would say it depends on what device you're posting from.

I post from my computer, so what I do now, and always have done, is just find the image a want on google, right click, select "copy image", go to EQDF in the post I'm making, and hit "ctrl V" to paste it in.

I've only uploaded photos taken by me on three separate occasions, so I vaguely remember selecting it directly from my pc downloads, putting it right into the post, or using google slides or docs as a middle place in order to identify it as a photo before putting it in my post.

other than that, I'm totally oblivious to how this works. if by some miracle this helps, thank you for reading this - if not, I apologize for wasting your time.:rdwink: :scrunchy::sadtwi:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Greetings TealMint_Moonrise

I can't post images from my computer directly. So I have to put it on website in order to be able to post it here like a image found on Google.
The problem was that these images have to be constantly on this website to continue to be displayed on the forum but the website delete the images after a while.

Thanks to RaraLover's answer, problem solved.

However don't be so harsh with you, you take time to answer the post in order to help me and maybe other ponies having the same problem so I thank you so much. :HappyPinkie:

• Like 3

I'm glad that I was able to solve your problem, @LouviLove!

However, I do believe that uploading to an external website is more of a temporary solution. I don't really like this method because it means you would be uploading photos publicly to this external website, even though your own intention is to only upload it here. While I haven't really encountered any issues when using this method myself so far, it does make your personal images more potentially widely available on the Internet - someone could randomly find this image online from a website that is not this forum. Although, it's up to you if you are concerned with this or not. I guess my point here is that if you are deciding to use this method, keep in mind of this fact.

Edited by RaraLover
Removed some content due to some issues with making this post. If you've received a mention that links to this post, but don't see the actual mention, just ignore it. My apologies for any inconvenience.
  • Like 2