Unknown

Being told to "throw away" CDs

Throw away CDs?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. You threw away your CDs?

• Y
    • N
    • Sold/gave them

So now we live in an age of streaming and downloading straight from the oh so glorious internet.

But one too many times I've narrowly avoided being told to dispose of old CDs for music and movies and games.  And somehow I still manage to keep them all.

Maybe I won't use them anymore, or at least hardly, but I say this is more than just for sentimental reasons. I seriously want to keep them for history's sake. I really want an archeologist to remember what we used and how it gave so much joy to me.

But I suppose most of you have already thrown away your CDs?

• Like 1

Not really. I left all my CDs behind when I moved from my Parents House. I currently have no CDs in My Apartment though.

Seeing as I'm a minimalist I really dislike clutter, so If I can have less objects lying around the better. CDs being one of them.

On the topic one could ask how many people even own something similar to a CD player. I don't have one electronic device that could currently read disks.

• Sad 1

I am a bit old fashioned in that I like having physical copies of music, video games, books, etc. Internet outages aren’t too common, but when they do happen, streaming services don’t do one much good. 

• Like 1