I'm reading that a trailer for My Little Pony: A New Generation will drop on August 20, 2021. Sooner than expected! The official My Little Pony Facebook page reveals that the trailer will premiere on August 12.

I once had a dream where when i was still in G4 Equestria i made a device that allowed my favorite characters and friends frfom other wolrds to come here, and then it changed to where suddenly Sunny Star scout appeared but i was in the room alone and she was shocked at what i told her

• Like 2

I wonder how long is the time period between G4 and G5 and what caused the pony races to split off like that and does that also apply to other non-pony races in Equastria and beyond that the Mane 6 befriended by the end of Season 9?

twilight-sparkle-mlp.gif

If Twilight is still alive, I bet she must feel pretty disappointed of how the amount of work she and her friends worked for was undone.

I personally would have preferred that the new generation series takes place in the setting we left off with, ponies living in harmony with other races, could have had non-pony or two in the main cast. Sounds more interesting the concept of this new iteration.

• Like 3

I'm so stoked for the movie! I do agree that it would be interesting if things picked up where we left off and all the species from G4 were still around, but on the other hand it makes sense that we're starting from scratch — after all, there's probably a good chunk of people who will watch the movie/new series having never seen FiM. Probably easier to start off with ponies and build our way back up...that being said it would be awesome to see Sunny and co. befriend some hippogriffs and yaks down the road!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BBally said:

I wonder how long is the time period between G4 and G5 and what caused the pony races to split off like that and does that also apply to other non-pony races in Equastria and beyond that the Mane 6 befriended by the end of Season 9?

twilight-sparkle-mlp.gif

If Twilight is still alive, I bet she must feel pretty disappointed of how the amount of work she and her friends worked for was undone.

I personally would have preferred that the new generation series takes place in the setting we left off with, ponies living in harmony with other races, could have had non-pony or two in the main cast. Sounds more interesting the concept of this new iteration.

I'm guessing that there was some kind of catastrophe (maybe natural, maybe not) or other huge event that shifted the planet Equus into orbit around its sun so that magic no longer controls the rising and setting of the Sun and Moon. Each of the Pony tribes blamed one or both of the others for the event and magic was lost. The Pegesi blamed the Unicorns, and with the loss of Cloudsdale and their abilities to fly, cloudwalk and control the weather, they drove the Unicorns away from Canterlot and took over the mountain.

I'm genuinely curious about how they'll explain the sun and moon continuing their cycles too...it was definitely too big of a concept in G4 to just sweep under the rug with no explanation. I'm personally convinced that maybe there's still an Alicorn princess behind the scenes who somehow retained her magic despite the friendship debacle, and she's responsible for maintaining the day/night cycle.

• Like 1

The trailer has definitely piqued my interest; it was more interesting than I though it would be (my interest in G4 ended up fading to an extent).  I never got around to finishing seasons 8 and 9 of G4, so perhaps I can try to get to that in the meantime.

• Like 3

The trailer made a pretty good impression.

The artstyle and animation looked much better than what those first images from February gave off.

I still have some concerns but overall i'm feeling a whole lot more optimistic about the new movie now.

Let's just hope that the characters and story deliver.

• Like 1