Unknown

Will you chase me away if I started rewatching MLP, even if it is a hated season?

I'm just wondering if this topic will be allowed here. I'm not sure how else to write this.

Anyway, many times I've expressed that I've liked completely hated seasons besides the liked ones and it resulted in me staying away from the show for indefinite periods of time. This happened many times until in 2016-17 when I finally had enough because I couldn't take the toxicity and death threats that everyone was throwing around because of the seasons that aired then, whether it was at one another and I was just a spectator, or directly at me whenever I said something as small as I like Season N.

I think I want to go back to where I left off (just around season 6 I think) , but I'm afraid of what will happen if I say things like "I'm finished/watching Season 6 and I like it" or "I'm rewatching the show and the other seasons and I like them."

Are you going to hate me or threaten me or ban me or chase me away forever simply for saying I like the aforementioned things?

• Like 1

On 8/19/2021 at 8:33 AM, Otaku-sempai said:

Hey, as far as I'm concerned, every season had its good points. Watch away!

Even Seasons 6 and 7? Because I felt like the toxicity towards the writers and between the fandom was at its peak. 

I'm still welcome to watch those 2 seasons and the later ones like 8 and 9?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Unknown said:

Even Seasons 6 and 7? Because I felt like the toxicity towards the writers and between the fandom was at its peak. 

I'm still welcome to watch those 2 seasons and the later ones like 8 and 9?

Sure! There are some perfectly fine episodes in those seasons even if you consider them weaker as a whole.

• Like 2

There isn't anything wrong with rewatching a season that was disliked or hated back in the day, i've always felt that saying what season was good or bad has been subjective at best and opinionated at worst, so to answer your question no, we will not be chasing you away with pitchforks and spears for it at all, you should watch whatever seasons you want to your hearts content! :happy_twi:

• Like 2

On 8/27/2021 at 9:14 PM, Otaku-sempai said:

Sure! There are some perfectly fine episodes in those seasons even if you consider them weaker as a whole.

That's just it. I don't consider any one season at all weaker than the others. Never had and never will.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Unknown said:

That's just it. I don't consider any one season at all weaker than the others. Never had and never will.

And there is nothing wrong with that!

• Like 1

@Otaku-sempai@Viridyan

(adding this to be clear)
Also forgot to mention I've received my own share of death threats when I simply and calmly stated  "I like Seasons 6 and 7."  The same thing happened later on with 8 and 9. 

So many people  and fans threatening to literally murder me all because I only said I liked them. When I repeated my opinion to affirm it, they finally snapped and said they will certainly carry out the threat when the general and popular consensus for the aforementioned seasons states for an irrefutable fact that they're horrible.

Will you and everyone else do the same by wanting to literally murder me when I say I like them?

(I'm sorry for writing something so controversial, but I'm still traumatized by all those years enduring their abuse and I cry myself to sleep sometimes because of that. I'm still frightened of fans and people like them. I'm deathly afraid that this will happen again no matter how many fresh starts I make.)

• Like 2

On 10/14/2021 at 9:56 AM, Unknown said:

Will you and everyone else do the same by wanting to literally murder me when I say I like them?

No one here is gonna threaten or hurt you.

But i'm wondering, what fucked up places have you been to if you had to deal with people like that?

• Like 1