leonbrony17

Do you prefer the evil Sunset or the good Sunset?

Well...if she stayed evil, I wouldn't be that much into her. I am too friendly for that.

Of course I prefer good Sunny. Her turnaround is the main reason why I let her settle side by side with Twilie in my heart. Why be enemies when we can be friends?

And besides, good Sunny is adorbs. How can you disagree.

Look at the face. Look at the face. Look at the face. Look at it. LOOK. AT. IT! AWW!!!!

large.png

• Like 2

Evil Sunset was a pony acting like selfish teenager and appropriately was in a teenage human body. Even though she should be older than Twilight. Maybe at least, not really clear. Anyway she was rather boring evil villain and her plan was very weird. Steal the crown from another dimension and then she decides to "win" the crown in human world. Unsure how she even knew Twilight was near mirror if the there even was a crown as elements were recovered rather recently. Heck she gave up actually at the end but got sick of Twi monologue so Sunset jumped at her and eventually took the crown and became a demon. Doesn't seem like she expected it all, she just got drunk with power.
This is why I don't see Glimmer to be same as Sunset besides the fact that both were reformed. And Luna did that before it was cool.

The Good Sunset actually became a believable character to me.

I think most people are of a mind that Sunset works a lot better as a hero than a villain. At least based on what they did with her in the movies. I think she had great potential as a villain being the former student to Princess Celestia, but as a villain she would've worked better in the show than she ever could in the movies due to the limitations the human world has vs the pony world. In the pony world, she is a unicorn and could probably hold her own against Twilight being she was also a student of Celestia, but because the human world only allows her to do stuff based on what she has from Equestria, it'd be a lot harder to keep her as a villian and make her a good one at that. So I definitely prefer her as a hero. However, I still prefer her outfit in the first 2 EQG movies than the new one they gave her in EQG 3 and on.

Sunset was an awful villain, but she's so much more fun as a good guy.

Really I'm glad they decided to give her a second chance. With her redemption she really had no where to go but up, but boy did she go up

I far prefer Sunset as a villain. So many of the badguys end up reforming that I just want to see one real threatening villain that isn't so conveniently easily reformed. Besides, she made a great baddy. I like her that way. 

I like good Sunset Shimmer. She makes a great leader, a good friend to Princess Twilight, and seems more relate able. Bad at driving, love art, think talking is more to the point than emojis? These are all things a real tween and teen might feel and do. Opening portals and corrupting oneself with magic energy? Not really an issue for most people. ^__~

• Like 2

In Equestria Girls, Sunset Shimmer is quite simply the single biggest walking cliche in the entire movie. Granted, EqG1 is a cliche itself, but Sunset Shimmer was such a boring, uninteresting villain; though admittedly Juniper Montage comes VERY close to her due to pettiness; but that's another discussion.

The good Sunset Shimmer is really a revelation for Equestria Girls, and is really the only reason to have continued the franchise after the first film. Granted we've had other good things like interesting villains and some of the huMane 5 eventually developing in character, but Sunset's fall, struggle, and rise are what really drive the EqG franchise, if you will.

My interest in her as a hero has declined somewhat lately, but I still find her fairly endearing and entertaining in that capacity. I really liked her around the Rainbow Rocks and Friendship Games era, and she's slowly built up a more well-rounded personality lately, but she's a little lacking in depth beyond the redemption arc, I feel. Even with that, though, I rather like her, and certainly like her more than as a villain. She was a really uninteresting and bland villain. 

Good Sunset by a country mile. From everything I've seen evil Sunset was pretty damned boring and flat. I can't believe I'm about to type this, but Anakin fucking Skywalker had a better Fall to Darkness than Sunset Shimmer.

I smell the sweet stench of necromancy. My second favorite kind of magic. My opinion hasn't changed though, Evil Sunset is just boring. 

26 minutes ago, RK_Striker_JK_5 said:

Anakin fucking Skywalker had a better Fall to Darkness than Sunset Shimmer.

Wait what? Sunset had a Fall of Darkness at all? I thought she just woke up as bitch and stayed that way until she got hit by a rainbow.  

• Haha 1

On 3/8/2018 at 2:45 PM, Cinder Vel said:

I smell the sweet stench of necromancy. My second favorite kind of magic. My opinion hasn't changed though, Evil Sunset is just boring. 

Wait what? Sunset had a Fall of Darkness at all? I thought she just woke up as bitch and stayed that way until she got hit by a rainbow.  

Exactly! By virtue of having any sort of Fall to Darkness, Anakin beats Sunset here. That's how bad they fucked up Sunset's backstory.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2018 at 11:35 AM, RK_Striker_JK_5 said:

Exactly! By virtue of having any sort of Fall to Darkness, Anakin beats Sunset here. That's how bad they fucked up Sunset's backstory.

I only remember Sunset's "backstory" being given in a comic, and even that might not be in continuity since I doubt the team behind the comics communicate with the team behind the EQG movies. But yeah, I can't say the comic actually gave anything useful away.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Number95 said:

I only remember Sunset's "backstory" being given in a comic, and even that might not be in continuity since I doubt the team behind the comics communicate with the team behind the EQG movies. But yeah, I can't say the comic actually gave anything useful away.

You're right. The only source of info we have on Sunset pre-Equestria Girls movie is a dubiously-canon comic. The thing is, even in that? She was still a massive asshole.

• Like 2