• Sonic Unleashed
    • Sonic 4
    • Sonic Colors
    • Sonic Generations
    • Sonic Lost World
    • One of the Storybook games
    • Other (please specify)
    • One of the Sonic Rush games

With 2017 looking to be a big year for Sonic, with both Sonic Mania and Sonic Forces recieving surprisingly warm reception compared to most other games over the past 15 years, what's your favourite adventure so far?

Personally, I've only played the mainstream platformers up to Heroes, but I've heard positive things about Colors and Generations.

In my opinion, Sonic 3 & Knuckles is my favourite, followed closely by Sonic Adventure DX (it just feels more colourful than the Dreamcast version), then Sonic CD. The first two games have their problems (namely 1 not being very memorable and 2 getting too hard for its own good near the end), Adventure 2 doesn't look nearly as nice or seem nearly as intriguing as its predecessor, and Heroes is a mixed bag, but I can safely say all of them except Heroes are good games in their own right.

Sonic 3 & Knuckles perfects the speedy formula of the first two and ties it together with fun bonus games, the series' first taste at an epic story and incredible music. Sonic Adventure DX is super fun as a foray into the third dimension after years of anticipation, and you can see the foundations of what would make Modern Sonic both work and not work in a surprisingly solid package. Sonic CD expands on the level design of the 2D games and offers several vibrant, layered locations. The American soundtrack is alright, but the Japanese one is just bitching (easily the best music of the whole series).

What about you? What are your favourite Sonic games and why?

Okay, okay, I played sonic 2 on megadrive when I was a kid, but I never finished it. It was too difficult.

The first sonic I finished was sonic adventure 2 on gamecube, and in despite of some shortcomings, it was pleasant to play, and the plot was good. Then my favorite.

I also completed sonic 1 and 2 on emulator, and sonic adventure 1 who is... pretty terrible imo.

Oh, I owned later sonic unleashed on wii, but very boring, and sonic and the black knight. This last one is not so bad, the all the pleasure I had, was on mastering some levels.

Sonic CD was my first Sonic game, so it kinda has to go on here. Mostly for the opening animation, and its earworm (which I now have on my phone, and listen to frequently). Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom...

Sonic Adventure DX has to be second place for me. It was a bit uneven (I have no love for Big, while I could play Sonic/Tails/Super Sonic for days with a smile on my face, and I don't really recall Knuckles/Amy/Gamma but they were probably alright), but I still loved it more than 2... although, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was also a fun time way back when, and I still have City Escape stuck in my head after all this time. I really only loved the Sonic/Shadow levels (was okay with Tails/Eggman, didn't like Knuckles/Rouge, and the Super Sonic/Shadow final boss was... meh...), but I still really loved those levels.
Chao Garden was neat too, even if I didn't really know what I was doing. I somehow got a green Shadow chao tho, so that was cool. And I did enjoy the 2-player, even if I usually just played it on my own.

I also kinda like Sonic R (and the music is something of a guilty pleasure), though I never tried to play it in multiplayer (because I had nobody to multiplayer it up with) so that might have something to do with it. And maybe this is a bit off-topic, but I kinda wish they'd just make a Sonic racing game that didn't have cars in it, they could maybe make something like F-Zero here... Thinking about this makes my mind start Super Sonic Racing...

So, in some kind of order:

1) Sonic CD

2) Sonic Adventure DX

3) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

My favorite is Sonic Adventure 2 Battle if you're talking about the entire game (due to the Chao garden). If you're talking about just the main game then Sonic 3 & Knuckles would be my favorite, followed by Adventure 2.

Sonic Battle is my favorite. I liked the story, I liked Emerl, I like collecting the cards, I enjoyed the fight system, I liked the mini games. Close runner ups would be Sonic Advance 1 and 2.

Before, this was kindof a hard choice. Now its EASILY Sonic Mania!

Honorable mention: Sonic Battle (please come back!) :kdR94: