Yesterday, Boomerang in Australia aired Discordant Harmony. Feel free to discuss!

Title: Discordant Harmony

Writer(s): The Fox Brothers

Summary: "When Discord invites Fluttershy to his realm for tea, he worries she won't be comfortable there and begins to change it and himself with disastrous results."

For those who want to see it early, check out the DailyMotion video below.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5rc23n_my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-s07e12-discordant-harmony_tv

Wasn't bad at all, it was pretty alright. I'd be interested to see the credits screen if the tea and teapot ponies are named or unnamed. If they are unnamed ponies, they'll be given fan nicknames.

Honestly, I think Discordant Harmony may be even better than perfect pear as this episode actually made Fluttercord a ship that I want to explore more in the fandom. They made it actually an endearing one between the two. For the most part in my first watch, I consider this the best post reformation Discord episode in the series yet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nuke87654 said:

Honestly, I think Discordant Harmony may be even better than perfect pear as this episode actually made Fluttercord a ship that I want to explore more in the fandom. They made it actually an endearing one between the two. For the most part in my first watch, I consider this the best post reformation Discord episode in the series yet.

This was the first episode where we really got to see the friendship between Discord and Fluttershy in action. The result? A hilarious and heartwarming story with one of the best morals of the show. The friendship between the two just felt SO genuine.

• Like 1

Headcanon: Discord's fine as long as he doesn't outright 180 his dimension itself; simply "not being chaotic enough today" isn't going to rub him out.

Otherwise, how could you enjoy his antics anymore?

You'd be too busy thinking this about him:

I like the episode's moral in, "Be yourself whether how different you are" through Discord's display. It was a light-hearted moment between Fluttershy and Discord and seeing them together was something I wanted to expand on. Fluttershy understands and appreciates Discord like a good example a friend would do. 

• Like 1

Okay, I'm not that big a fan of Discord. in other earth-shattering news, water is wet. ;) But here? I really liked him. Hell, overall I liked this episode. I mean, he pays for the stuff he buys. Holy crap!

• Like 1

On 6/22/2017 at 1:36 AM, Starlight said:

I like the episode's moral in, "Be yourself whether how different you are" through Discord's display. It was a light-hearted moment between Fluttershy and Discord and seeing them together was something I wanted to expand on. Fluttershy understands and appreciates Discord like a good example a friend would do. 

Spot on. :sunset:

I liked this episode quite a lot for the fact that it was a solid Discord episode that was so...Discord. And when he wasn't being himself, the Fluttershy sillyness was an overload of adorableness. "Is this doing anything for you?" Yes. Yes, it is. :awesomedash:

On June 22, 2017 at 4:36 AM, Starlight said:

I like the episode's moral in, "Be yourself whether how different you are" through Discord's display

That's a great moral in the episode, but it's not the only great one. The other is "friends don't need to have things in common in order to be great friends and get along very well".

Welp... here we go...

I know how much you guys were waiting on bated breaths for this to return... (not) So wait no longer!! :twitwitch:

Although... this one...

Well... considering who is in it...

Should make it pretty clear what I'm going to end up saying. Which means... well...

I guess it doesn't matter anymore. I put them in spoilers for a reason. This one for sure though. Just as a reminder though...

READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Viewer discretion warning has made it's long-awaited return!!

This one...

UGH. JUST. UGH. :twitch:

Luckily... I really don't have much to say. Because there's nothing for me really to say.

It's the same as always when to comes to Discord episodes.

MORE PROOF HE'S AN EGOTISTICAL ASSHOLE.

MORE PROOF HE ONLY CARES ABOUT FLUTTERSHY.

OH I DON'T KNOW... MAYBE YOU'D HAVE MORE FRIENDS (other than Fluttershy) IF YOU WEREN'T SUCH AN ASSHOLE ALL THE TIME.

NO?

YEAH DIDN'T THINK SO. :newspaper:

Why didn't Fluttershy just let him fade into non-existence? That would have been HAPPY END for me. :applebelch:

Fluttershy kinda... went crazy if you ask me. GREAT. JUST GREAT. :toomuch:

Other than that... this episode was okay I guess... it's just... I HATE DISCORD. FLUTTERSHY SHOULD HAVE LET HIM FADE INTO NONEXISTENCE.

Yeah... I warned you. :rariwhat:

Current Status:

Stay: 70%
Leave: 30%

STOP EXPECTING ME TO LIKE DISCORD. HE'S AN ASSHOLE AND NOT REDEEMED. END OF STORY.

UGH. :angrytwi:

This has to be one of Discord's better outings, and blows the comic's attempt at a similar story (the Accord arc) clear out of the water.

• Like 1

Well, that was pretty good. Fun as any Discord episode should be, and also quite touching. If a little bit slow sometimes.

I feel like I should've liked it more, but I'm a bit saturated with Discord, I guess.

• Like 1