Autumn

What is your favorite Final Fantasy game?

Mine is 7 so far. But Final Fantasy 5 has an amaaaazing battle music, atleast the one i played on Steam. I dont think just listening to it would work, you have to have it on + battling for awhile, its incredibly nice. Final Fantasy 7 has my all time favorite fanfare, its just beatifully made, dont know how to describe it, its like you win so much when you hear it, almost like it came out of the Super Nintendo era of pure fantasy magic.

But I have actually beaten Final Fantasy 1 Origins (i am a cheater :P) Normal mode + auto attack + running. And i have taken the final boss of Final Fantasy 3 which i played on Steam, Cloud of Darkness, i tried reaching level 99, but i gave up on level 95. You have no idea how many times i have retried and quit this. If one thing i can say.. you get your money's worth for playing those games, they are incredibly hard to beat. Final Fantasy 2 Origins i got to that Jade's Passage, but i never actually beat it.

If i had more spare time i may have considered trying it again. But for now i just play Final Fantasy 4 on Steam currently, i have a Wii so i will play it after i beat the Steam version. Since there is two versions, and they are very enjoyable games

But what is in your view your favorite Final Fantasy game?

• Like 1

From the main serie : Final fantasy the 7th or course. I played the 2/4/7/8/13 and the 7 is the only one I finished on a bugged emulator. What a great game !

Otherwise, My very favorite FF is tactics advance 2. So much time spent to farm, to reach lvl 99, to learn all the spells and techniques... This game is awesome. I played final fantasy tactics advance 1, and final fantasy tactics, but the advance 2 is the very best for me.

Also I loved cristal chonicles on gamecube. First I though that fight under a bubble protection would be annoying and boring, but finally no. The scenario is cool and pretty mysterious. Plus the musics match perfectly with the different worlds.

• Like 1

Something between 4 and 7. I admit, 7 was the most surprising for me; while it was not the perfect game the fanbase makes it out to be, at the same time, it was no where near the pile of crap it's detractors said it was. It's a very good JRPG and I can't hold it against anyone who claims it's one of the best games ever made. That, and the soundtrack rules.

• Like 1

Most of Final Fantasy 7 music is in my view depressing. Not sure why its so highly praised, but like i said i love the fanfare but thats about it. I mostly liked it for the sake of the story at the time.. although now i can't say thats my main selling point. Besides the story, it was mostly outside of it the summonings in battle that sold me most of the time, which is why i called Bahamut my wingman, same with Aeris since she was the healer. But then she died... and that was such a pain.

Yeah i dont like thinking back to 7, it gets me too emotional. Though Sakaguchi story concept i would honestly or wish it could've been excecuted just to see how it would end up as a result. Since it was ment to be in new york in 1999 where you are a detective or something.

8 is my favorite, though I did spend more time on 7.  Didn't really dig 10 a whole lot, but I did love the blitzball minigame on it.  I recently picked 9 up as well and am going to play through that one at some point in the future.  I just really liked the characters in 8 and the love story and whole setting in general.  Thought it was pretty cool.  7 is a very close 2nd for me.

Final Fantasy XI is my all-time Favorite. I've been playing it for years. The community is nice and most people liked me for what I do such as assembling parties for certain runs and fighting certain mobs alone and the people are nice to get along as well. My Main job is Summoner followed by White Mage as a support (sub) job which is my all-time main job followed by samurai / dancer as my secondary job to honor my friend's job and make myself useful in some runs. Other Jobs, Well I normally play as White, Black, and Red Mages, Scholar, Dragoon, Paladin, and Dancer. Beastmaster, well I normally use it for solo and farming purposes only. The music in the game are pretty catchy, but mostly The chocobo theme, Windurst, Jeuno, Ronfaure, Aht Urghan Whitegate, and Battle Music are my favorites in the game.

My favorite game in the entire franchise is the OG Tactics, but as far as the main series go, I have difficulty choosing, but it's probably VIII

With no hesitation, Final Fantasy V

I have yet to try 8,9 and 10, but so far, V is the one in my heart.

Final Fantasy V is like, Final Fantasy I, but with an improved storyline and memorable characters. It's cliche, but unique at the same time. Even the god damn villain, itself, is unique. 

Final Fantasy VI should have been my personal no. 1 Final Fantasy Game, but the main protagonist is extremely bland, which kinda affects the story. I don't really get it why 7 is praised by Final Fantasy fans, the story is just too bland and boring compared to the other FF games like Final Fantasy II. I don't know about y'all, but I find the Final Fantasy II gameplay fun and creative.

Sure, there are many fun mini games in FF7, but that, itself, doesn't make the game the best among all.

I've only played 1,7,8,13, and 15, but I bet 6 would be my favorite if I played it. I want to play 9 and 10 after playing 6. The best I've played so far for story: is 7, best gameplay: 15 best music: 13 (that's the one of only nice things I have to say about ffxiii), best art direction: 1 (the original concept art is awesome), and best overall: 8. I really should play ffvi.

FFVII is the best, hands down.  A little-known SNES game called Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest comes in at a distant second.

@LostSanity  This is for you cuz you appreciate a good OST:

Most people instantly say FFVII, but my personal favorites  are FFVI and X. Six is my most favorite because of the story and Kefka, never seen

someone this wicked. FFX is also my favorite for a different reason, it was finally a Final Fantasy with a vast and difficult endgame content. 

I Should mention that I never used Yojimbo in a single fight, except for sacrificing him to black bestia attacks. 

FFVII is still my third favorite, but mostly with a mod that makes the game terrible hard. I think the name was "New Threat" I can absolutely recommend that mod. 

Oh boy, that's like asking a kid what's it favorite sweet...

Alright, the first one I played was Final Fantasy X, which is why it will always have a special place in my heart. I have to say, though, that Final Fantasy IX had my favorite setting and feel, and Final Fantasy VIII had my favorite main character. If the Dissidia games count I probably spent the most play time on those 2, except if Kingdom Hearts counts as well (if it does, my definite answer is Kingdom Hearts 2).

But if I had to pick one, it would be a draw between Final Fantasy XIII and Lightning Returns.

Honourable mentions: quite literally EVERY other Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts game.

I'll admit to not having played a lot of the Final Fantasy games only having actually beat FFX, FFX-2, FFXIII and XIII-2, and only finishing disc one of FFVII. But I'm definitely attempting to rectify this with the very same friend who introduced me to Final Fantasy (and Kingdom Hearts) who has a similar problem but more FF games under his belt. Anyway, out of all the Final Fantasy games that I've actually beat, I'd have to say that FFX is my favorite.

Hmm, for me I think it's a toss up between 7, 9, 10 and 15.

10 was actually the first FF game I ever played and the rest came later, so I guess it holds a special place for me...

I think I'm gonna end up on 7 for my favorite game, though. It just has the most memorable characters and setting, although that may be influenced by me watching the Advent Children movie quite a lot ;)

I haven't played a Final Fantasy game (let alone a video game) for quite some time, but Final Fantasy IV was the one I enjoyed the most back when I played such games.  Final Fantasy VII was a good game in itself, but I don't feel it is the best one in the series.