PinkiePie97

My Little Pony: Equestria Girls: Dance Magic

I'm aware some people already saw the specials, but this is their first time airing on Discovery Family, so I thought I'd make the discussion thread.

Title: Dance Magic

Synopsis: Rarity convinces her friends to join a music video competition; when the girls learn that Crystal Prep Academy is also interested in participating, they worry whether they'll be able to pull together and make a winning music video.

Airs: Today at 11:30 A.M. on Discovery Family

• Like 1

I liked it. I enjoyed Rarity in it. I do like that she decided to help the Crystal Prep Girls rather than go with her original video upon finding out that they didn't actually have anything. I also enjoyed seeing the video ideas the others had and I liked the song.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, PinkiePie97 said:

I liked it. I enjoyed Rarity in it. I do like that she decided to help the Crystal Prep Girls rather than go with her original video upon finding out that they didn't actually have anything. I also enjoyed seeing the video ideas the others had and I liked the song.

Agreed! It made a great turn in the plot that I didn't expect. G.M. Berrow did a good job, this time. 

This is my favorite moment in the episode:

Rarity: Okay, where's the dance studio?

Twilight: There is a dance studio?

Rarity: Didn't you go to this school?

Twilight: Well, I can show you where the library is.

large.png

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PinkiePie97 said:

The song rocks! Loved it since 2015. :sunset:

Seeing Sunny dance to it was even better~! :awesomedash:

12 minutes ago, ChB said:

Agreed! It made a great turn in the plot that I didn't expect. G.M. Berrow did a good job, this time. 

This is my favorite moment in the episode:

Reveal hidden contents

Rarity: Okay, where's the dance studio?

Twilight: There is a dance studio?

Rarity: Didn't you go to this school?

Twilight: Well, I can show you where the library is.

large.png

I know right?! Oh Twi and her books! :ajlol:

I think my favorite part was the nom nom~ :gonkity:

• Like 1

I think the 22-minute restriction helped keep the story moving and the pacing tight. Rarity having her breakdowns was awesome as always, if somewhat more subdued than her magical couch-summoning canterpart.

I found it very true to form that her generosity was roused when she discovered that the Crystal Prep crew were having the same crisis she was going through.  Didn't hesitate for a second to help them out even after they put her through so much anguish.

Since I'm only catching these on the US TV release schedule, I'll be looking forward to the next few!

• Like 2

Same here on looking forward to the others! Just saw the next one that released today. Discussion on that one in the other thread. As for Rarity here, well you might saw her generosity shined through to the CPA girls when she thought to offer help even though they stole her idea. :sunset: