PinkiePie97

MLP Movie Trailer

After so much flash animation it may probably take some time to get used to the new one.

But honestly, I am very intrigued! Glad to see that Mane 6 shall be the heroes. I mean that's how I saw it.

I hope it won't end up with another In Glimmer We Trust case. 

• Like 2

Wow! This trailer finally showed how this movie would look and feel like and I'm pretty blown away by it! First thing I noticed was the new colorful vibrant colors of the characters and the backgrounds. Canterlot looks extremely detailed with an increased emphasis on how massive it is and the mountainous landscape that surrounds it is simply beautiful. The characters facial expressions and body language looks really great and the movement is more fluid which can express a lot of emotions within the characters, which I know they will! The special effects where done well to where it wasn't overdone but still flows well within the 2D characters and enviroments and the camera angles are more cinematic too, which is a plus. Visually speaking, this is going to be pure eye candy! 

I have to say that this trailer is worth waiting for and I'm more excited to see the movie by October! 

Very stylized design and more cinematic. Very Disney-esque. Overall very interesting trailer, the eye shadow error is gone in this official full length trailer. I can hardly believe this is happening. From the T.V. screen to the big movie screen for G4 MLP:FiM, not just a reboot with no soul poured into it, the complete opposite with heart, soul and passion for it.

The animation took a bit to get used to after seeing the show animation for more than 5 years, but I'm loving its fluidity and style! The trailer does a good enough job of showing us all the new characters and the main plot without giving too much away. Tempest was a total badass and I can't wait to see more of her when the movie releases.  Hopefully, this is the only real big trailer with anything else coming later being short TV spots that don't last on the screen long enough to ruin any of the movie's surprises. One of my few complaints is that I wish I saw just a bit more of the Storm King being a threat since he's going to be the main antagonist of the film. We got more of Tempest and Grubber than any other character, I will, however, say that I like not seeing much of the other characters as I don't like trailers spoiling too much. My only other complaint is that I wish the Mane 6 actresses weren't being overshadowed by the Hollywood stars of the film. I understand that they're being used for the sake of promoting the film, but the Mane 6 actresses don't even get a mention in the trailer when they're the main characters of the friggin' movie. Yeah, they don't have star power, but in the end, they're the ones who will hold up the entire film more so than any of the Hollywood stars they got in the film. But all things considered, I loved this trailer and it definitely hyped me up for the movie. CAN'T WAIT!

• Like 1

Doesn't seem to be a definite Go-See sort of thing, considering how boiled I get when thinking about MLP's bigger plots (it's a little too serious to talk about in a single post :toomuch:), but it seems like fun anyway.

Well I am happy. Finally got to see how animation and feel will be and I am looking forward to that. Will reserve any story opinions until I actually see the movie. 

• Like 1

The trailer was pretty good, especially after i expected a totally bad one.

But hey just let's hope the movie is as good as the trailer. I already saw trailer that looked very good but the actual movies were totally shit.

Well... I guess it's about that time... to post my thoughts on it.

First of all... somehow... I feel the following themes are relevant. Because the enemy is basically an empire. I'd fangirl scream if they played during the movie when they fight said evil empire.

Then they can use this when they attack bases of said evil empire

*coughs*

Anyway...

It's not that I didn't like it.

Because I did.

I just have one concern. It should be an obvious one.

I'm concerned that they're going to BS together another HORRID 'redemption' (I'm seriously starting to loath that word now...)

I'll end up hating the movie if that happens. But it's my legitimate concern for this movie.

Other than that I liked the trailer.

2 hours ago, LostSanity said:

Well... I guess it's about that time... to post my thoughts on it.

First of all... somehow... I feel the following themes are relevant. Because the enemy is basically an empire. I'd fangirl scream if they played during the movie when they fight said evil empire.

Then they can use this when they attack bases of said evil empire

*coughs*

Anyway...

It's not that I didn't like it.

Because I did.

I just have one concern. It should be an obvious one.

I'm concerned that they're going to BS together another HORRID 'redemption' (I'm seriously starting to loath that word now...)

I'll end up hating the movie if that happens. But it's my legitimate concern for this movie.

Other than that I liked the trailer.

Yeah, I get the feeling that Tempest and Grubber may be redeemed, but probably not the Storm King. If they get redeemed, I'll be annoyed depending on how they build up to it during the movie (it being 99 minutes long, thank god).  But as long as it's not rushed, I'll be okay. Maybe Tempest will be sort of an anti-hero by the end similar to Vegeta in early DBZ (that's the first, best, and only reference I can think of right now, shut up). I don't think I'd mind that.

On 6/30/2017 at 8:03 PM, PixelGrip94 said:

Yeah, I get the feeling that Tempest and Grubber may be redeemed, but probably not the Storm King. If they get redeemed, I'll be annoyed depending on how they build up to it during the movie (it being 99 minutes long, thank god).  But as long as it's not rushed, I'll be okay. Maybe Tempest will be sort of an anti-hero by the end similar to Vegeta in early DBZ (that's the first, best, and only reference I can think of right now, shut up). I don't think I'd mind that.

I'm not even sure I'd be okay with that. Unless it's done well and makes sense. Considering the series' background and history with this... I kinda doubt it.

:applebelch:

On 7/2/2017 at 2:01 PM, LostSanity said:

I'm not even sure I'd be okay with that. Unless it's done well and makes sense. Considering the series' background and history with this... I kinda doubt it.

:applebelch:

Well, in Meghan McCarthy's defense, she made the reformation of Sunset Shimmer work in Rainbow Rocks. Yeah, it was done after the fact, but the fact she learned from the criticism in the first place I think is reason enough to believe she won't make the same mistake again.

In the case of Starlight's reformation, she was less involved with the show at the time as a result of working on the movie so I don't think she had as much of a say in that all things considered. And even considering Starlight's reformation, there's quite a few fans (so far as I've seen) who have lightened up to Starlight since her reformation and it, again, shows the writers learning from their mistakes and taking note of the constructive criticism. And in McCarthy's case, I think she's been with the show long enough for her to know what she's doing and how to write a good movie. Especially after how much better Rainbow Rocks was compared to the first Equestria Girls.

On 7/5/2017 at 5:09 AM, PixelGrip94 said:

Well, in Meghan McCarthy's defense, she made the reformation of Sunset Shimmer work in Rainbow Rocks. Yeah, it was done after the fact, but the fact she learned from the criticism in the first place I think is reason enough to believe she won't make the same mistake again.

In the case of Starlight's reformation, she was less involved with the show at the time as a result of working on the movie so I don't think she had as much of a say in that all things considered. And even considering Starlight's reformation, there's quite a few fans (so far as I've seen) who have lightened up to Starlight since her reformation and it, again, shows the writers learning from their mistakes and taking note of the constructive criticism. And in McCarthy's case, I think she's been with the show long enough for her to know what she's doing and how to write a good movie. Especially after how much better Rainbow Rocks was compared to the first Equestria Girls.

I haven't.