VG_Addict

Least favorite character.

Zephyr Breeze. Fuck this asshole. He is nothing but an obnoxious deadbeat stereotype.

All Fluttershy wanted to do was get him a job so he could be independent. She actually put in effort to find him jobs to do. Only, these weren't just jobs, but incredibly simple jobs too. How does he thank her? He puts absolutely no effort into even trying these incredibly simple tasks. Heck, attempting to try didn't even cross his pea sized brain once. The first thought to come to his mind when confronted with a task seems to be "hmm how am I going to get out of this one?" Instead of trying, he just manipulates everyone around him so he can get his lazy ass out of every situation. When he actually is put in a situation where he can't manipulate his way out, he just fucking quits! To make that even worse, he is a complete creep to Rainbow Dash.

The episode tries to justify this as "a fear of failure", but that plot progression is bullshit because he isn't afraid of failure. He is afraid of actually putting in work and contributing something to society. He is LAZY, not afraid of failure. Don't fucking bullshit me! He isn't anything but a good for nothing jackass! Even if he is afraid of failure, that is the least of his worries. He is too unlikeable for me to give a single shit when he graduates at the end. Hell, I wish Fluttershy left him in the middle of that forest so he could rot!

I hate his jerkoff face. I hate his jerkoff name. I hate his jerkoff voice. And of course, I hate his jerkoff self. Jerkoff!

• Like 4

Don't really have a least favorite, though it has less to do with the overall quality of the show than me not wanting to needless dwell about the bad stuff. Though, if push came to shove... the Wonderbolts, maybe?

• Like 1

Snips and Snails aren't the most flattering way to show what the crew thinks of young boys, but they're minor characters at most.

Diamond Tiara was usually the instigator for some of the show's worst episodes, but there was a cuteness to her at least.

Starlight Glimmer is odd because half her episodes are trash while the other half are fantastic, there's no middle ground with her.

Angel Bunny, while an abrasive brat at times, is just a lil' rabbit who doesn't know much better.

The worst thing you can do is introduce a character and just expect the audience to like him or her for no reason. If this were a while ago I would've said Big Macintosh due to his lack of personality, but then Hard to Say Anything came along and, y'know, gave him a personality. : )

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, leonbrony17 said:

Flash shit Sentry.

Flash Sentry is definitely up there in terms of least favourite characters. I really don't like him.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, King Clark said:

Flash Sentry is definitely up there in terms of least favourite characters. I really don't like him.

I can see why folks wouldn't be fans of him, hating him I don't as I don't think he's really bad or so, just bland and in need of something new now that Princess Twilight ain't coming back and the Scitwilight one is going out with timber over him. Perhaps Sunset Shimmer.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nuke87654 said:

I can see why folks wouldn't be fans of him, hating him I don't as I don't think he's really bad or so, just bland and in need of something new now that Princess Twilight ain't coming back and the Scitwilight one is going out with timber over him. Perhaps Sunset Shimmer.

OK...changed my mind. Sunset from the first movie (and ONLY the first movie) is my second least favourite character now. Thank you, Nuke.

• Like 1

Ok I have been trying to think of character but I just can't. I love most ponies while I am indifferent to rest. Maybe Garble? That dragon teenager? 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Cinder Vel said:

Ok I have been trying to think of character but I just can't. I love most ponies while I am indifferent to rest. Maybe Garble? That dragon teenager? 

Alright, the dragon characters are also not soo much good in my opinion.

So basically the character we hate the most?

Too easy.

Though honestly... it's a tie between Starlight Glimmer and Trixie.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, J. Brony said:

Pumpkin & Pound Cake because I have an irrational fear of babies.  

You would have a point IF they were babies. And I have never seen babies act like those...things do. 

full.png

Couldn't find the picture with them having glowing red eyes.

• Like 1

1. Sunset Shimmer: As a villain, she's the worst in the entire series. Less dimensional than Flash Sentry. The high school alpha-bitch stereotype. So incompetent to the point where she looks worse and worse after every scene. Her "plan" of brainwashing teenagers to invade Equestria is the stupidest villain plan I've ever seen in an animated flick. On top of that, she was reformed/redeemed by a Deus Ex Machina and her characterization was completely reset. Her path to redemption is by far the worst in the series, because she never got the chance to choose to reform in the worst place.
  2. Zephyr Breeze: @King Clark already detailed why.
  3. Flash Sentry: Filler, a sexist stereotype, less dimension than flat cardboard, exists only to be Twilight's crush.

• Like 2

I don't hate them now, but I did hate Cadance and Shining Armor during their first appearance in "A Canterlot Wedding". I didn't mind that their connections to Twilight was sudden revealed because there's still a chance the episode could do something with them. Except it didn't.

Shining Armor wasn't himself for all of, or at least most of, part 1. So anything can't be chalked up to mind control just says he's a nice pony. That's it. Then in part 2, he's also mind controlled until Cadance frees him, then he suddenly beats the villain with Cadance.

Cadance only showed up in part 2, so what's shown about her? She's nice and wants to get to her wedding. Then she beats the villain with Shining Armor.

Notice a trend? These 2 did nothing over the episode, but somehow they're the ones who solve the problem. You wouldn't be happy if a random nobody from out of nowhere who had no relevance to the episode just showed up to beat some major villain. Well that's what happens here. They're so undeveloped and inactive that they were essentially nobodies.

The worst part is that they needed to be the ones who ultimately beat Chrysalis because the episode is about their wedding. Otherwise, there would be no reason to have them or their wedding. Maybe some earlier episodes featuring the two could mitigate this, but they'd still look inactive in this episode if it was left unchanged.

And that's another weird thing about "A Canterlot Wedding". There's actually quite a lot it needed to do.

1. It had to develop the 2 new characters.

2. It needed Twilight and her friends because excluding her friends would give negative implications. And they all needed to be given something to do.

3. There also needed to be a villain since the creators also wanted to make some "epic" wedding story with high stakes instead of having comedic situations with setting up the wedding. And this isn't including the problems the villain causes along with having a big showdown toward the end.

4. The alicorn sisters had to be set aside somehow so the 2 new characters could have room to beat the villain. They should also get something to do so they don't seem so indifferent to the problem.

5. The actual wedding itself needed to be shown.

There are definitely some things that I'm missing, but that's already a tall order. And just counting the number of characters (Mane 6, Spike, major guests, alicorn sisters), that's ELEVEN characters that needed to be useful over 44 minutes. And the final product ends up feeling like nothing has happened because it was so half-assed.

Bottom line: I hate that these 2 do nothing then are somehow the ones who do everything.

Edited by Number?
some edits
  • Like 1

My least favorite character is definitely Discord.

I enjoyed his antics in "Return of Harmony: Parts 1&2" but, I've found him absolutely unbearable since then.

• Like 1

Sci-Twi.

To say that I don't like her would be equal of saying nothing. I rambled enough about it and I won't go any farther.

• Like 1

Diamond Tiara's mom, she such a stuck up *****. Used to be Diamond Tiara but she reform. Also Fleur De Lis, she seem to only hang out with rich pony to look good.

• Like 1

Zephyr Breeze. The epitome of flushable content and not even worthy of being Flash Sentry's toilet paper. Yeah, he's that low. :pewpew:

• Like 1

Zephyr Breeze definitely, for pretty much the same reasons everyone else has said. I also strongly disliked Diamond Tiara before her reformation. School bully characters that don't get punished for their actions make me so sad.

• Like 2

Zephyr breeze why hes lazy he whines way to much

he want everybody to everything for him