PinkiePie97

My Little Pony: Equestria Girls: Movie Magic

Title: Movie Magic

Synopsis: The Equestria Girls are very excited to have been specially invited by A.K. Yearling to go on the set of the upcoming Daring Do movie; when an important prop goes missing, putting the movie on hold, it's up to the Equestria Girls to track it down.

Airs: Today at 11:30 A.M. on Discovery Family

• Like 1

I'm gonna give this one a yay~ :yay:

I did like Dance Magic more overall but it was a blast to see so much in this episode: EqG Daring Do, Power Ponies, movie sets, new characters....

Montage was great even though she was a villain and the actress might have been ugh at first with her attitude but she was really cool at the end! :sunset:

The Scooby twist ending was easy to spot. I think the Power Ponies bit could have been dropped, in fact I think calling them "the Power Ponies" makes no sense even within this rainbow-colored world of humans that are strangely obsessed with horse-words. Power Patrol, maybe?

That said, it wasn't bad! The pacing made it seem like more than a 22-minute story, which is good. A little light on characterization but that doesn't hurt at this point because, well, these are all established characters. I did like the exposition of their super-powers, which were totally absent last time and wouldn't have fit the story.
Also, it seems our humane 6 is developing a bit of a reputation for day savery. Wonder how far they'll go with that.