VG_Addict

Could the movie do as well as a Disney movie?

You need to be more specific since some Disney movies do better than others. If you're thinking of Frozen, I don't think it will do anywhere near that well.

• Like 1

In all honesty no. Hasbro isn't as known world wide as Disney which has extremely strong name everyone knows. And MLP is a very specific brand instead of reinterpretation of a timeless classic. Also MLP movie is 2D, a format which has been overshadowed by the rise of the CGI movies and even Disney wasn't capable to have success with 2D animation like they did during the 90s. I mean don't get me wrong Emperor's New Grove, The Princess Frog and others were successful but just not as the classics.

I am actually surprised Hasbro decide to make a movie this late at all when the MLP craze is not what it was like in earlier years.  

• Like 1

I think. we shouldn`t compare MLP movie with Disney. Both of them have their own unique atmosphere. Different worlds, for example. Also, Disney has great movies (Frozen) as well as not so good projects (their strange TV shows for teens). MLP movie can be more sucsessful than Disney`s bad projects, but less sucsessful than good ones.

And, of course, it`s all pretty subjective. Personally me more interested in MLP than in Disney`s movie.